Stan Blinka - Personal Fouls Question...

THE BARON

Anyone remember Stan Blinka ???

I've been trying to remember what two major personal fouls he committed in what I remember as two back to back games...

What I remember for sure was the announcer in the game for the second personal foul going nuts...

"OH NO... NO... NOT STAN BLINKA... NOT STAN BLINKA AGAIN !!!

Does anyone remember what those personal fouls were and who he did it to ???

I *think* I remember one of them might have been a clothesline tackle and the other was a Ray Nitschke style elbow to the neck...

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

OK.. So we got one of them.  A forearm to the head of John Jefferson.  

After this one, there was a second personal foul by Blinka in a subsequent game that was just as bad.  

As stated, it had the announcer freaking out.  "NOT STAN BLINKA AGAIN !!!!" 

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This paragraph is everything:

The 25-year-old Blinka, who stands 6 feet 2 inches and weighs 230 pounds, would say nothing about the play involving Jefferson when questioned about it at the Jets' training complex here today. He had said the day after the Green Bay game that he had mistaken Jefferson for another, taller receiver and had meant to check that receiver on the shoulder pads.

45 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wow... Bob Crable.  I wonder how his pro career would have turned out sans injury... Loved Lance Mehl !

Baron we really don’t know how he would have turned out but watching him at Notre Dame and remembering his rookie year or second season ( he was highly thought of through out the league) chances are he would have been as good if not better than Mehl who was a sure tackler and a all around fine linebacker whose  career ended far too soon due to injury 

Yes it did. I also believe if memory serves that it forced Blinka out of the game as well. Not due to injury but he got tossed out by the refs. I also seem to remember that after that hit James  Lofton had a really bad case of alligator arms 

• 2 years later...