Le'Veon Bell: "I haven't had the opportunity"

bell is going to the hall of fame

gase is a coach with a losing record and his teams lost to the winless bengals and dolphins

bell is used to having a real coach in tomlin who is winning with a 4th string qb a third string rb and total jags as wr

bell needs lots of touches to be at his best-he wears down a defense-he needs passed to out of the backfield....

only in jet land would fans talkk up a total jaq in powell over a hall of fame rb-every time powell was given a shot in his career to be the guy he failed miserably

p.s it was common knowledge gase did not want bell and is doing his part to help him fail

Bell has been given many opportunities, how many times has he danced & hesitated & been taken down behind the LOS?

Gase is trying to put together an offense for his QB to succeed by keeping him in front the chains, and in manageable down & distance. 

In hindsight the Le'veon Bell signing with this current roster of losers on the Oline was a huge mistake so instead of criticizing Gase for publically saying he didn't want Bell, let's credit him for being right about his assessment of how much Bell would move the needle. 

Macc blew the RB deal when he doubled up on Safeties instead of drafting Delvin Cook who's a tremendous BURST runner which fits Gase offense better. I'm a fan that wanted Bell for the sole reason this team needs some damn stars. But after watching Bell for 12 games call me unimpressed. He was a much better player with a Stud QB (Rothlisberger), Top 3 WR that had to be checked & a tough nasty Oline. Here, right now, total waste of Cap space. And do any of you think he'll get BETTER with age? I certainly don't. 

I cant wait to see the direction Douglas/Gase take after this season. I think these guys are pretty confident in what they want this team to look like & the type of players & positions they want improve. I personally would be 100% ok if they traded Adams & Bell. We lost to 3 teams already that came in with no wins, Browns, Fins & Bengals. If Adams & Bell were SO IMPORTANT to our future they would have willed us to victory. We can lose to winless teams without paying those 2 small fortunes. Belichick paid Devin McCourty because he can DO IT ALL, box, play in space, play CB if he had to. I remember Adams boasting he could play CB. GTFOOH! He can't cover for sh*t past 15 yards. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bell has been given many opportunities, how many times has he danced & hesitated & been taken down behind the LOS?

Gase is trying to put together an offense for his QB to succeed by keeping him in front the chains, and in manageable down & distance. 

In hindsight the Le'veon Bell signing with this current roster of losers on the Oline was a huge mistake so instead of criticizing Gase for publically saying he didn't want Bell, let's credit him for being right about his assessment of how much Bell would move the needle. 

Macc blew the RB deal when he doubled up on Safeties instead of drafting Delvin Cook who's a tremendous BURST runner which fits Gase offense better. I'm a fan that wanted Bell for the sole reason this team needs some damn stars. But after watching Bell for 12 games call me unimpressed. He was a much better player with a Stud QB (Rothlisberger), Top 3 WR that had to be checked & a tough nasty Oline. Here, right now, total waste of Cap space. And do any of you think he'll get BETTER with age? I certainly don't. 

I cant wait to see the direction Douglas/Gase take after this season. I think these guys are pretty confident in what they want this team to look like & the type of players & positions they want improve. I personally would be 100% ok if they traded Adams & Bell. We lost to 3 teams already that came in with no wins, Browns, Fins & Bengals. If Adams & Bell were SO IMPORTANT to our future they would have willed us to victory. We can lose to winless teams without paying those 2 small fortunes. Belichick paid Devin McCourty because he can DO IT ALL, box, play in space, play CB if he had to. I remember Adams boasting he could play CB. GTFOOH! He can't cover for sh*t past 15 yards. 

the gase offense what exactly is that-his offenses have been one of the worst in football since he was put in charge of running offenses? I will save you the trouble the direction the gase run team and offense will be is a bottom tier one like he has ran his entire coaching career-it is funny folks think somehow getting rid of the best players on the team will make the jets better and allow gase to work his magic-Adams in particular actually willed us to two of our wins if we had more players with his skill set our team would be better-get us a better coach and our team will perform better-gase is the exact opposite of tomlin who is succeeding with  a 4th string qb, a third string rb and total jags at wr -the only talent he had was juju who has not played in weeks-

5 hours ago, Pac said:

It's becoming more difficult to give Gase the benefit of the doubt.  I guess you can take solace knowing Jay Ajayi was a force in his system and did nothing in Philly, so there is hope.

This year has just made it too difficult to get a gauge on what Bell could be.  The injuries gutted the roster and changed the way they envisioned playing on both sides of the ball.

Went from a playoff roster to a castoff roster. 

My biggest issue with a coach is forcing players into a system. If I were a GM or owner, I’d have concerns about this as well because no coach’s job is truly safe and they usually flounder out eventually. The new coach implements his system now and blows up the roster and the cycle repeats. I prefer a more flexible coach and it’s really disheartening to see that he can’t utilize Bell’s skills.

I know Bell has a unique/patient running style and it doesn’t work with this horrible OL. It still seams like Gase isn’t doing enough to work around this obstacle and do more off tackle runs/screens and check down plays for Bell. He can still be an asset in the short passing game which is still like running and moves the chains. Oh well. This is the cursed season. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It was either a bad signing or bad coaching.  According to you, Gase (along with CJ) was behind the signing.

The OL, which was marginal to begin with, has been decimated by injury and, again you wish to ignore it. 

Stop the run, force the Jets to pass to the worst wide receiving corps in the league, that’s the blueprint every defensive coordinator has deployed against us this season.  It’s not too hard to stop the run considering how bad our offensive line has deteriorated.  

SAR I

5 hours ago, JiF said:

It’s not just getting a chance from a touch perspective, he’s getting met behind the LOS on 90% of his runs. 

Yes, I read a stat that he is averaging 0.5 yds prior to contact. The league average is 2.5. He is basically averaging getting  hit in the backfield on every carry!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Billal Powell also has the lowest YPC of his career (ignoring the 13 attempts his rookie season).

Proof positive that the OL stinks. 

With a healthy quarterback, the Jets are 4-4 and have won 3 of their last 4 games.  And that's despite having a cripple at RB.  That's good coaching.  Good job by Gase to still make an offense hum even without a running game.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

5 hours ago, genot said:

I said this before the season started. Gase sucks. in so many different ways. I stopped posting for a few months, because i was so disenchanted with this person coaching our team

We just won 3 of our last 4 games and are the most injured team in the NFL.

Gase is earning himself into the Coach Of The Year conversation.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We just won 3 of our last 4 games and are the most injured team in the NFL.

Gase is earning himself into the Coach Of The Year conversation.

SAR I

U mean Jets lost 4 of the last 12 and Gase got outcoachef by the 2 worst teams in the NFL [Bengals and dolphins].

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The OL, which was marginal to begin with, has been decimated by injury and, again you wish to ignore it. 

Stop the run, force the Jets to pass to the worst wide receiving corps in the league, that’s the blueprint every defensive coordinator has deployed against us this season.  It’s not too hard to stop the run considering how bad our offensive line has deteriorated.  

SAR I

Wait, I thought they were a playoff team?  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

U mean Jets lost 4 of the last 12 and Gase got outcoachef by the 2 worst teams in the NFL [Bengals and dolphins].

The losses are a direct result of the cluster injuries leading to the decimated roster, an expansion-team caliber roster.

The wins with such a terrible roster are therefore a direct result of excellent coaching.

We are 4-4 since Darnold came back.  I bet you had the Jets no better than 8-8 this season.

So WTF are you complaining about?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

bell is going to the hall of fame

gase is a coach with a losing record and his teams lost to the winless bengals and dolphins

bell is used to having a real coach in tomlin who is winning with a 4th string qb a third string rb and total jags as wr

bell needs lots of touches to be at his best-he wears down a defense-he needs passed to out of the backfield....

only in jet land would fans talkk up a total jaq in powell over a hall of fame rb-every time powell was given a shot in his career to be the guy he failed miserably

p.s it was common knowledge gase did not want bell and is doing his part to help him fail

Bell is not a HOFer dude

Just now, Butterfield said:

Wait, I thought they were a playoff team?  

They were in August.  Before half our roster missed a ton of games and cluster injuries to the OL, LB, and QB left us with the worst team in the NFL.

Buffalo is about to lose 3 in a row.  Question is, can the Jets hand them the 4th.  Let's hope we don't lose any more players.

SAR I

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They were in August.  Before half our roster missed a ton of games and cluster injuries to the OL, LB, and QB left us with the worst team in the NFL.

Buffalo is about to lose 3 in a row.  Question is, can the Jets hand them the 4th.  Let's hope we don't lose any more players.

SAR I

Thank you for the laughs.

Also averaging 3.2 YPC. Not sure if he’s the guy who needs more touches.
True....I like Bell, and our Line is trash, but can't deny Powell seems to make more of his limited touches behind the same line.

Could be running style? I don't know and won't pretend to know why, but Powell has looked more effective when given the limited chances this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, papz187 said:

True....I like Bell, and our Line is trash, but can't deny Powell seems to make more of his limited touches behind the same line.

Could be running style? I don't know and won't pretend to know why, but Powell has looked more effective when given the limited chances this season.

Powell is done this is his last year rb is about to become a hole because Bell is a goner 

Powell is done this is his last year rb is about to become a hole because Bell is a goner 
Yeah I'm not suggesting we rely on Powell to be the top back going into next year, or even the rest of this season....just wondering why he seems to be more effective then Bell when given the chance.

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And he had Sam in both games so he can’t use the mono excuse

Adam Gase = sucks

Since coming back from mono, Sam Darnold is 4-4.  If injuries don't get any worse, he'll likely end the season 6-6.

Tell me, what record did you predict for the Jets before the season started?  What?  You thought they'd be 7-9, completely healthy?  You know, Enunwa, Herndon, Mosley, Osemele, and Williamson all having full and typical seasons?

You SOJF's are ridiculous.

SAR I