Jump to content
Barry McCockinner

Le'Veon Bell: "I haven't had the opportunity"

Recommended Posts

To be honest I think the Jets are trying to run the ball. I just think it is both incredibly unimaginative and a function of the OL being completely incapable of run blocking. I think a better coach would run most plays from a more limited pre-snap structure that can be used for passing as well as running with equal success. It is what Belichick will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He averages 3.2 YPC. Don’t expect to rush the ball 30 times a game with that trash average. OL being a mess is a real issue but how is it possible you haven’t had a si gel impact play in 48 quarters of football? OL is garbage. HC is garbage. Bell has been garbage too. Powell averages more than him, even though it’s a smaller sample size. Bell’s season longest rush is 19 yards off nearly 200 touches. That’s incredibly odd and can’t only be put on the OL or the HC. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Since coming back from mono, Sam Darnold is 4-4.  If injuries don't get any worse, he'll likely end the season 6-6.

Tell me, what record did you predict for the Jets before the season started?  What?  You thought they'd be 7-9, completely healthy?  You know, Enunwa, Herndon, Mosley, Osemele, and Williamson all having full and typical seasons?

You SOJF's are ridiculous.

SAR I

I said 8-8 and that was before the thousand injuries and Gase sh tting himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest I think the Jets are trying to run the ball. I just think it is both incredibly unimaginative and a function of the OL being completely incapable of run blocking. I think a better coach would run most plays from a more limited pre-snap structure that can be used for passing as well as running with equal success. It is what Belichick will do

OL sucks and Gase is the most predictable playcaller in the nfl

 

Gase’s limitations as a head coach ruined this season we saw Vic Fangio who sucks win multiple games with both his second and third string qbs Gase self destructed once Sam was out 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  Hopefully you discover the Buffalo Bills and go buy a blue jersey.

SAR I

How does it feel to have everyone laughing at you?  You were so sure this was a playoff team.  What a laughing stock.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I said 8-8 and that was before the thousand injuries and Gase sh tting himself

So if Darnold ends the year 6-6 with the thousand injuries that should show you that Gase did a very good job.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

How does it feel to have everyone laughing at you?  You were so sure this was a playoff team.  What a laughing stock.

The Jets were a playoff team before the injuries reduced us to an expansion-team roster.

If you were smart enough, you'd understand that we're 4-4 with healthy Darnold and a beat up roster, we could have easily been 6-2 in that stretch.  But you're not.  Pity.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets were a playoff team before the injuries reduced us to an expansion-team roster.

If you were smart enough, you'd understand that we're 4-4 with healthy Darnold and a beat up roster, we could have easily been 6-2 in that stretch.  But you're not.  Pity.

SAR I

The Jets season was finished after the first game. Apart from a very expensive Mike linebacker. The others aren’t game changing players. The Oline still sucks fit or not, this roster is so poorly constructed it never was or never will be a “playoff” team.

The off season surgery to this roster will be so dramatic, that the “2019 play off team” will be unrecognisable by game one 2020.

The players I think-won’t be here game one 2020:-

Le'Veon Bell (Traded)

Robbie Anderson (Free Agency)

Brian Winters (Cut)

Brandon Shell (Free Agency)

Tom Compton (not resigning)

Ryan Kalil (retired again)

Quincy Enunwa (retired neck injury)

Jamal Adams (Traded)

Trumaine Johnson (cut)

Avery Williamson (cut)

Jordan Jenkins (Free Agency)

They May try to resign Jenkins and Anderson but Amari Cooper May be available in F.A I’d target him with a huge pay check.

There of course will be smaller moves, but I see the above the major moves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets were a playoff team before the injuries reduced us to an expansion-team roster.

If you were smart enough, you'd understand that we're 4-4 with healthy Darnold and a beat up roster, we could have easily been 6-2 in that stretch.  But you're not.  Pity.

SAR I

I guess you finally gave up on your theory that we really are 5-3 with darnold...I see you stopped counting the pretend/ should of win against the bills in the home opener. What a joke....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I said 8-8 and that was before the thousand injuries and Gase sh tting himself

You would’ve been wrong. Without injuries, we win more than 8. With injuries, we might end up with 7 wins. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets were a playoff team before the injuries reduced us to an expansion-team roster.

If you were smart enough, you'd understand that we're 4-4 with healthy Darnold and a beat up roster, we could have easily been 6-2 in that stretch.  But you're not.  Pity.

SAR I

Lol.  They lost to the Bengals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  Hopefully you discover the Buffalo Bills and go buy a blue jersey.

SAR I

I am not a weirdo, I don’t buy jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was on pace for 250 rushing attempts and 70 receptions. It’s not a touches issue. Won’t get there now because of the miss game. 
 

He’ll improve with a better OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

My biggest issue with a coach is forcing players into a system. If I were a GM or owner, I’d have concerns about this as well because no coach’s job is truly safe and they usually flounder out eventually. The new coach implements his system now and blows up the roster and the cycle repeats. I prefer a more flexible coach and it’s really disheartening to see that he can’t utilize Bell’s skills.

I know Bell has a unique/patient running style and it doesn’t work with this horrible OL. It still seams like Gase isn’t doing enough to work around this obstacle and do more off tackle runs/screens and check down plays for Bell. He can still be an asset in the short passing game which is still like running and moves the chains. Oh well. This is the cursed season. 

This is BS. You think Belichick changes the offense to accommodate dumb asses? WRs who can't comprehend the Patriots complicated system are systematically jettisoned. Just rewatch the Pats & Bradys frustration with the players around him. He was pissed. 

They have a system, if you can't play IN THEIR SYSTEM they get rid of you. Remember Ocho Cinco? If he went to any other team he'd be complaining like Bell intimates about OPPORTUNITIES. Any other team, would have headlines claiming the coaches don't use Ocho properly.

In New England they just bench you then cut you like they did to Ocho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's not about coaching or touches; either Bell is damaged goods, he's injured, or taking a year away from the game took away his burst.

SAR I

I believe it's more to do with the latter. Watch Powell and Montgomery today and ask yourself if you miss Bell. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 8:09 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

The coaching staff should have told him weeks ago:  this isnt pittsburgh.  You are not going to be able to dance for two seconds after recieving the handoff.  Run like a bat out of hell when u get the ball or powell is getting the carries!

Dancing Bear MkII.  But far less productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe it's more to do with the latter. Watch Powell and Montgomery today and ask yourself if you miss Bell. 

Sadly, that’s my expectation. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets always lose the locker room in December. Surprised not earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sadly, that’s my expectation. 

SAR I

Bell just doesn't pass the eye test with me. You never sign a running back to a mega contract in the off-season, especially one that sat a whole season. This will be a contract we need to shed this off-season. I'm hopeful we can get a 3rd round pick for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bell just doesn't pass the eye test with me. You never sign a running back to a mega contract in the off-season, especially one that sat a whole season. This will be a contract we need to shed this off-season. I'm hopeful we can get a 3rd round pick for him.

Like every other aspect of this cluster-injured team, I’d like to see Lev next season with a healthy OL and legit WR’s before hosting a clearance sale. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Like every other aspect of this cluster-injured team, I’d like to see Lev next season with a healthy OL and legit WR’s before hosting a clearance sale. 

SAR I

 

I respectfully disagree. I'd rather get the cap space and the 3rd round pick, than see Le'Veon Bell continue to depreciate. Get me a running back in the 3rd round. Someone with burst and home run speed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

This is BS. You think Belichick changes the offense to accommodate dumb asses? WRs who can't comprehend the Patriots complicated system are systematically jettisoned. Just rewatch the Pats & Bradys frustration with the players around him. He was pissed. 

They have a system, if you can't play IN THEIR SYSTEM they get rid of you. Remember Ocho Cinco? If he went to any other team he'd be complaining like Bell intimates about OPPORTUNITIES. Any other team, would have headlines claiming the coaches don't use Ocho properly.

In New England they just bench you then cut you like they did to Ocho.

You are correct about New England but no other team is like New England and that rigid with a system. It’s not complete BS. Other coaches play to their players strength’s or adapt to them all the time. That’s all that I’m trying to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This goes back to what I posted prior to the season starting? I always thought what's the point in paying that kind of money to a RB that has NO OL in front of him? I knew he would be completely ineffective. It further illustrates just how much of an idiot Mac was? He exacerbated the situation by signing Bell, getting hopes up of the fans, only to be crushed by the current situation we find ourselves in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best approach to RBs in the NFL is to draft them, use them up, and then draft some more.  Big money for RBs, especially ones that aren’t homegrown are wasted resources.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sec101row23 said:

The best approach to RBs in the NFL is to draft them, use them up, and then draft some more.  Big money for RBs, especially ones that aren’t homegrown are wasted resources.  

Yes.  But don’t draft them 2nd like barkley.  Draft them in the 2nd-4th rounds, get talented backs, work them well, have rbs in the waiting b/c they get hurt.  Would love if the jets drafted the LSU rb.  Darnold could really use some help with screens and quick rbs who can create 2nd and manageable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, isired said:
On 12/7/2019 at 9:32 AM, Augustiniak said:
He’s a goner now.

Buy high! Sell low!

Play like a Jet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 10:56 AM, Matt39 said:

The line isn’t good. Bell also has always been a hesitation runner. Was a bad match from the get-go. He also was coming off a #gapyear.

The OL sucks, you're blaming Bell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

We signed one of the best offensive play makers in the league and our offensive guru head coach can't figure out a way to get him touches. 

Gase is doing it on purpose he is trying to get rid of him today Bilial Powell was used more than Bell show Gase is doing this on purpose. Guaranteed Bell will be traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oline is a patched together mediocrity, and it was downright terrible earlier in the year. Bell's style of running doesn't work on this team, not his fault or Gase. Dumb ass Big Mac should not have given him that contract to begin with

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The OL sucks, you're blaming Bell

 

And he's blaming the coach. Jets ran the ball better today.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 7:31 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Le'Veon Bell: "I haven't had the opportunity"

 

Powell got an opportunity today and averaged what, 4.0 yards per rush?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Powell>>>Bell. 

Rb's seem to hit a certain point and fall off of that proverbial cliff. Bell is there right now. 

It's never a good idea too pay big money to FA RB that has a ton of touches and we are seeing that week in and week out. I'm sick of all the people giving him a pass "Because it's his running style". It's not because of his running style, it's because he is slow as sh*t with zero burst.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Gase is doing it on purpose he is trying to get rid of him today Bilial Powell was used more than Bell show Gase is doing this on purpose. Guaranteed Bell will be traded.

Bilal Powell was effective throughout the game. Bell hasn’t been productive all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

Powell got an opportunity today and averaged what, 4.0 yards per rush?

 

Come on, you're smarter than that.  In the 1st half he had some nice burst but was facing the same defensive schemes as Bell faces every week.  When he did in the 2nd half he did nothing.

Are people actually trying to say that Powell is better than Bell?  Holy crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A completely fresh Powell ran for 74 yards against one of the worst run D's in the league and he's suddenly better than Bell.. 

You guys are awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...