Barry McCockinner

Le'Veon Bell: "I haven't had the opportunity"

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Come on, you're smarter than that.  In the 1st half he had some nice burst but was facing the same defensive schemes as Bell faces every week.  When he did in the 2nd half he did nothing.

Are people actually trying to say that Powell is better than Bell?  Holy crap.

Link?

:P

I'm not saying Powell is better than Bell.  But this is at least the second or third game this season where Powell has looked better in this rushing scheme and behind THIS OLine than Bell has.  He's a different kind of runner and just goes to where the play is designed to go.  He doesn't assess and try to setup blocks the way Bell does.  Bell's style doesn't work behind an OLine where blocks are sustained and any holes created close quickly.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

A completely fresh Powell ran for 74 yards against one of the worst run D's in the league and he's suddenly better than Bell.. 

You guys are awesome.

In case you missed it he ran for more yards than Bell has in any game this season. Our Oline didn't magically get better overnight, which everyone uses an excuse for Bell stinking it up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

In case you missed it he ran for more yards than Bell has in any game this season. Our Oline didn't magically get better overnight, which everyone uses an excuse for Bell stinking it up.

In case you missed it Powell inexplicably got more attempts than Bell has gotten in any game this year and when the Dolphins decided to pay attention to him he was shut down in the 2nd half.

Just now, Pac said:

In case you missed it Powell inexplicably got more attempts than Bell has gotten in any game this year and when the Dolphins decided to pay attention to him he was shut down in the 2nd half.

He got more attempts because he was gaining yardage, unlike Bell who was consistently putting the offense in a hole with his two yard runs. You can't keep feeding a RB when he's gaining 2.3 a pop.

I'm sure if Bell was getting 4 a pop like Powell he'd be seeing a lot more carries.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RobR said:

He got more attempts because he was gaining yardage, unlike Bell who was consistently putting the offense in a hole with his two yard runs. You can't keep feeding a RB when he's gaining 2.3 a pop.

I'm sure if Bell was getting 4 a pop like Powell he'd be seeing a lot more carries.

Powell had 21 yards in the 2nd half when the Dolphins decided to stop the run.  If you and a couple other guys want to pretend that Powell is better than Bell that's cool..  Not sure why I'm even bothering to convince you of otherwise..

Sure..  Powell better than Bell..  Robby sucks..  Q is a bust...  whatever you say bro.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Powell had 21 yards in the 2nd half when the Dolphins decided to stop the run.  If you and a couple other guys want to pretend that Powell is better than Bell that's cool..  Not sure why I'm even bothering to convince you of otherwise..

Sure..  Powell better than Bell..  Robby sucks..  Q is a bust...  whatever you say bro.

It's basically very simple. If Bell could gain yards and move chains he would get more carries. Problem is he can't because he fell off of that cliff just like every RB will at some point. You can't force extra carries on a RB that can't get the job done.....that is Bell. Powell has been better every single time they gave him carries throughout this entire season.

Now we get the one game when we can compare what each brings as a starter and Powell rushed for more than Bell has in the past 12 games. It's not a coincidence.

And I like Robby.

You're just defending him because it's yet another PacCagnan bust of a free agent signing.

52 minutes ago, Pac said:

A completely fresh Powell ran for 74 yards against one of the worst run D's in the league and he's suddenly better than Bell.. 

You guys are awesome.

I don't think Powell is better than Bell, but the fins had the 10th best run d in the league entering the game. It was very curious that we came out in the first half running more than we had in I think any game this year in this particular situation.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

It was very curious that we came out in the first half running more than we had in I think any game this year in this particular situation.

I do too.  It kind of confirms the narrative that Gase is prick with poor interpersonal skills.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I do too.  It kind of confirms the narrative that Gase is prick with poor interpersonal skills.

Or that Mac made yet another mistake by signing a RB that already had a ton of mileage on him for an astronomical amount. 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:33 PM, Matt39 said:

And he's blaming the coach. Jets ran the ball better today.

He hasn’t blamed a single person.  Learn how to read.

It’s not that hard

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He hasn’t blamed a single person.  Learn how to read.

It’s not that hard

LeArN to read 

I don't think more touches would make any difference in Bell. Even when he's out in space he doesn't look evasive enough.

He was a bad fit from the start, but hopefully with some O-line help he can be somewhat productive next season.

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

LeArN to read 

What language?

Your comment was that Bell was blaming Gase.  BLAMING GASE.  

Your response is that Bell went bowling?  

And I need to learn how to read?  Of wait spelling it LeArN adds to who being the illiterate one? 

Bell has been a model teammate, complaining about nothing in a season wasted by a mediocre at best line and coaches that can't trust the OL and are calling for passes 75% of the time.  Still he cheers the team on, is as positive as can be.  He missed Thursday and Friday practices and was ruled out of the game. Who cares what he was then able to do two days later.  

On 12/8/2019 at 5:55 PM, RobR said:

He ran for 3 more yards on 1 more carry than Bell's best day as a Jet.  lol.  Powell averaged 3.9 per vs the worst run D in the league.  Powell is one my all time favorites Jets but this is just getting silly.

And you're an OL guru and you can honestly straight faced tell me the OL is not playing better right now than they did the 1st time we played the Dolphins?  I mean...come'on bro...lol

I'm really not sure what the issue with Bell is.  Is it our poor OL, is he just not finding the holes quick enough, or has the HC failed to cater the run offense more conducive to his style?  Is it a combination of all of these things?

My gut tells me that with a bad OL, a running back who is more explosive is probably a better fit as they can hit the small and quickly disappearing run lanes.  I think an improved OL next year Bell will return to his former glory and allow Gase to commit to the running game more.  

Then again, I could be wrong. 8-)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm really not sure what the issue with Bell is.  Is it our poor OL, is he just not finding the holes quick enough, or has the HC failed to cater the run offense more conducive to his style?  Is it a combination of all of these things?

My gut tells me that with a bad OL, a running back who is more explosive is probably a better fit as they can hit the small and quickly disappearing run lanes.  I think an improved OL next year Bell will return to his former glory and allow Gase to commit to the running game more.  

Then again, I could be wrong. 8-)

I think it’s a combination.  The bad oline, a coach not wanting him here, and him just looking a step behind(maybe because he missed a year)

Come on. Bell has never been a downhill runner. He needs blocks at the LOS. Anyone who's been watching the game for the last 5 years knows this. Powell just hits the hole and gets what the defense gives him. With a good OL, I think they complement each other.

Small crease, Bell gets you 2 or 3, Powell gets you 3 or 4. Legitimate hole, Powell gets you 5 or 6, Bell 10, 15+.