Ford v. Ferrari NYJ Correlation

I know, you’re thinking “wtf?” I saw Ford v Ferrari last night. Little spoilers if you don’t want anything ruined, stop reading. For anyone who saw it, tell me Henry Ford II didn’t remind you of Woody/Chris Johnson. Spoiled trust fund baby who earned nothing in life, and is completely clueless. So what does Ford II do to try best Ferrari? He hires Shelby, the RIGHT man for the. But the idiot almost ruins it by intervening with bullsh*t, and letting his know-nothing suits make decisions (driver, driving style, etc). So even when he hires the right guy, he can’t get out of his own way. 

They say in the film how much Ferrari puts into his vehicles. Its a passion, striving for quality. Ford who says he wants to beat Ferrari just cause of ego, doesn’t even stay for the entire race at the end. He helicopters out for a dinner. Ferrari doesn’t leave his post. 

In the end it all starts at the top and I’m losing hope for this franchise. Even if Joe Douglas and Darnold are the real deal, I doubt they’ll actually do what’s needed to allow Joe D to do his job the way he sees fit. 

Typically if you’re an involved owner, to be a winner its usually because you were a titan of industry, worked, and earned your way, even if you were born with some money. Chris and Woody never did anything for Johnson & Johnson. They were never successful on any level. They bring nothing to the table. Worse, as we’ve seen, they meddle, or allow their empty suits to get involved in things they don’t understand.

The Jets are becoming the Knicks. The Johnson brothers are the Football Dolans. Its no wonder Belichick would have stayed if Hess were the owner...but ran when it was Woody Johnson.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jesus Christ, the level of SOJF stupidity just continues to astound.

SAR I

So when the OP refers to the Jets pathetic results the past decaded under the Johnsons' stewardship, he's a SOJF?

And this as they've increasingly put their stamp on the team: firing Tannenbaum & Rex, utilizing suspect outside advisors in headhunters & Casserly to brilliantly deliver us Idzik, Bowles & Maccagnan. And more recently Chris making the questionable decision to hire Gase.

The fact is since Parcells' residue faded and the Johnsons re-made the Jets in their own image, the results have been awful.

If anyone is a SOJF, it's you: a Jets fan placing faith in folks like the Johnsons and Gase who's results have been underwhelming. Which is what the Jets and SOJF fans like you have done for decades: have hope based on faith instead of actual results. On the contrary, us non SOJF like to focus on results.

Chris hopefully got it right with Douglas - ya know, someone who actually has had good results.

• Upvote 3

On 12/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Adoni Beast said:

I know, you’re thinking “wtf?” I saw Ford v Ferrari last night. Little spoilers if you don’t want anything ruined, stop reading. For anyone who saw it, tell me Henry Ford II didn’t remind you of Woody/Chris Johnson. Spoiled trust fund baby who earned nothing in life, and is completely clueless. So what does Ford II do to try best Ferrari? He hires Shelby, the RIGHT man for the. But the idiot almost ruins it by intervening with bullsh*t, and letting his know-nothing suits make decisions (driver, driving style, etc). So even when he hires the right guy, he can’t get out of his own way. 

They say in the film how much Ferrari puts into his vehicles. Its a passion, striving for quality. Ford who says he wants to beat Ferrari just cause of ego, doesn’t even stay for the entire race at the end. He helicopters out for a dinner. Ferrari doesn’t leave his post. 

In the end it all starts at the top and I’m losing hope for this franchise. Even if Joe Douglas and Darnold are the real deal, I doubt they’ll actually do what’s needed to allow Joe D to do his job the way he sees fit. 

Typically if you’re an involved owner, to be a winner its usually because you were a titan of industry, worked, and earned your way, even if you were born with some money. Chris and Woody never did anything for Johnson & Johnson. They were never successful on any level. They bring nothing to the table. Worse, as we’ve seen, they meddle, or allow their empty suits to get involved in things they don’t understand.

The Jets are becoming the Knicks. The Johnson brothers are the Football Dolans. Its no wonder Belichick would have stayed if Hess were the owner...but ran when it was Woody Johnson.

A terrifying possibility

• Upvote 1