Are we rooting for the Jets to win or lose tomorrow?

Jetsbb

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I want a win.  We are not beating balt, pitt or buff so this is the last chance we have at a win.

not a big diff btwn 4-12 and 5-11.  I want a win.

I think we beat Miami and Buffalo. Bills may sit Allen and other starters in the last game after the playoff is locked up.

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

dont i know it...

i just always think...  at least a certain %age of the players will return NEXT year and ya want those guys to learn how to win..  not get numb to losing...

Hopefully its a very small % of players returning.

The only time I ever wanted to lose was when we were tanking for Darnold/Mayfield sweepstakes.

Now that we have Darnold I believe that every game and win is invaluable to our 22 year old. 

Filet the fish. It’s Victor Green’s birthday, so let’s take it as a good omen and get a W...if we do, it’ll most likely be our last of the season anyway.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Lose. Who cares. Could have had Bosa if we didn’t beat Buffalo last year. Big deal if we win, means nothing 

Could have had Josh Allen last year, or Ed Oliver. Macc was just an idiot. Pats have been picking between 32 & 28 for 20 years now. Just pick the RIGHT PLAYERS. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This is the first game of the year they play with zero chance of making the playoffs. (save your mathematically still in it BS) At this time I usually switch from rooting for them to win to rooting for loses. I have been very right in the past that losing these games would make them better off. The biggest example is last game of the year when every body was so happy Geno threw a perfect QB rating and kicked the Dolphins out of the playoffs. That directly changed our first round pick from Odell Beckam JR into draft bust Calvin Pryor. Our great upset win vs the Bills, which was largely due to kick returner Andre Roberts and a last second 4th down run, cost us the first pick in the draft. Probably could have traded that pick for a haul for Kyle Murray or got Nick Bosa instead of Quinen. So are you rooting for a meaningless win?

Win. You always root for the win 

For me you have to step back and look at this season as a whole to make that decision. What I know about this team is the following:

1) This will probably be rather controversial, but it's one person's opinion. I think Adam Gase has already done enough to prove to me that he should be the HC next season. Winning 3 straight and beating teams with a winning record is quite the achievement for this team. The talent level is so inferior to every other team in the league, that I'm surprised they've won 4 games. It's a tribute to Adam Gase and his coaching prowess that he's managed to keep this team together and actually manage to develop some chemistry.

2) The talent level of this team is off the charts bad. Ideally, you could trash the entire OL, pick up street free agents and be no worse off. It's literally that bad. They need help everywhere on the team besides DL.

3) This team is not going to the playoffs this season. Despite a few posters taking mind altering drugs and boldly predicting playoffs this season, the facts are the opposite. They've also already lost 8 games and in NFL history there's only 9 teams that have made the playoffs with an 8-8 record. The percentages say the Jets are not going to make the playoffs.

4) Winning more games does nothing besides decrease the equity in our picks? Trader Joe is going to need as much equity as possible for the Jets to get to where Joe wants them to be in each and every round. Honestly, if this team had 15 picks and hit on every one of them it still wouldn't satisfy all of teams needs. So trading down in this draft and next year will be paramount.

So in conclusion I find no value at all in the Jets winning? It might make those fans not looking at the bigger picture happy for a day, but it still hamstrings the team at draft time? I want this team to succeed and losing IMO would set up the team for greater success down the road.

Win.

Hands down the most important thing for Darnold and the Jets is to create a winning culture for this franchise. The players need to learn how to pull off wins in tight games and put teams away in one sided games.

Draft position is overrated. There are quality players taken all over the draft. You just need to make the right picks. Teams like New England, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay consistently pick toward the end of the draft yet stockpile talent year after year.

• Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Could have had Josh Allen last year, or Ed Oliver. Macc was just an idiot. Pats have been picking between 32 & 28 for 20 years now. Just pick the RIGHT PLAYERS. 

Nick Bosa is one of the best edges in the entire league already and way ahead of those guys, but agree we just need to land the picks regardless