joewilly12

***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah?  The entire drive was basically one frightening throw that Smith turned into a big play, a PI, and a dump-off to Montgomery that he took for a big gain.  They won, so can't complain too much, but certainly not a particularly good game from Darnold.

He was good, not great today.  Especially when you factor in what he is working with. 

7 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I like Sam but it's a stretch to say he played good today. He definitely left a lot of plays out there today.

When I say good, I factor in what he had to work with.  The line is still sh*t, Bell was out, he lost his safety blanket TE in Griffin early on, DT came out of the game, etc.  He missed more "easy" throws today than I typically see him miss, but he still finished strong statistically, and won the game.  His growth is all that matters to me, and part of that is realizing that he is young and will still hit bumps in the road.  He gets a game winning drive on his resumé and some confidence. 

Plus, I will never complain about beating the Dolphins.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Also Darnold wasn’t good. But he didn’t kill the team and he got a game winning drive. Thursday is gonna be huge for him. 

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that we stand a remote chance on Thursday.  Thursday is a "whatever happens, happens" game as far as I'm concerned.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company