joewilly12

***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

So now that we don’t have Bell, I expect Gase to choose today to implement a consistent running attack.
The Phins will never expect it so we will be the smartest team on the field!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

With the amount of picks the Dolphins have acquired they might be contenders in a few years. Every is laughing at them now but I don’t think they will be in 2-3 years. The Jets on the other hand are stuck in an eternal rebuild it feels like. 

The dolphins are doing it right. Nice and clean. The players they let go, while solid have the stink of loser on them. They were able to acquire numerous first rd picks for those guys. They have more than one first rd pick or top 3 rds for the next few years. If they can do a good job of avoiding busts they will have a very strong team.

The real hope is that their NE underling HC goes the way of all the others and flops without the hood.

• Upvote 2

I’m glad to see Gase started with the run game now that Bell is out and we aren’t playing the worst run D in the league.

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this past off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

That’s correct. That said, trying the get bell in the game with outside runs and/or the passing game would be smart. I love Powell and was happy he returned, but Gase has badly mismanaged our talent.

• Upvote 2

I’ve seen Quinnen in the backfield twice and Hairston got a pick!?!?! Before halftime!?!?!! 

Q has to learn how to finish the damned tackle though. It’s not the first time he’s had a sack slip through his hands.

I agree...There are so many ways to use Bell effectively, and the Jets have pretty much wasted him all year trying to run him up the middle over and over....  I remember all the talk in the pre season about Montgomery and Bell on the field at the same time, since they are both a threat catching the ball....I can't remember seeing that once all season...maybe I missed it.

I could not agree more. We wasted the opportunity to have an up tempo and creative offense where the same formations could have numerous Run and pass plays out of. Keeping the same personnel on the field keeping the defense guessing and on their heels all day.

The OL and mono didn’t help but still.

• Upvote 1

Hairston literally playing flag football.

These guys are more concerned with laying a good hit than wrapping up the tackle. That’s 101 stuff. Wrap your damn arms!

Because he’s not Vedvik

I actually forgot that guys name. I couldn’t figure out who you were talking about. PTSD

This feels like a loss. We are awful

Actually it feels like a sloppy game where good things And bad things happened. And the jets pulled it out for once at the end.

If a win like that feels like a loss I don’t know what to tell ya.

• Upvote 1

I'm a Darnold fan.  I think he is very young compared to most QB's. Had horrible coaching his whole life from college to the NFL.  No weapons. Terrible OL.  Those are not excuses. Just facts.  No idea if he is the guy, but I sure want him to be.

Right. He had some nice plays and some ugly plays. Made more misses than I’d like today too. Almost lost the game but in actuality he brought the team down the field with 1:35 left in the fourth to win it.

He’s young and sloppy with a sloppy team around him. The coaching is questionable at best currently as well.

Anyone giving up on Darnold at this point is jumping the gun IMO.

• Upvote 1

Wjhat is Flores so riled up about? Before the penalty was even reviewed? Does he know he got two total gift penalties and still couldn’t score a TD entire game? 

I was saying the same thing. Two separate drives were kept alive (6pts) due to BS penalties against the jets. He should calm down. It was definitely PI.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company