***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I agree, I’ve never seen other QBs miss 2 throws in a game before. 

He missed a lot more than 2. Darnold had the chance to kill the game. He failed to do that. He did enough to win but he needs to be more if he’s supposed to be the franchise.

• Upvote 2

I kind of agreed with Jay Feely that the Jets should try to get better field position for a shorter kick. But I guess Gase thought a 44 yarder was make-able and he didn't want to take a chance for a turnover. And the placement on the field looked pretty good. He was right. We'll take that .? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He missed a lot more than 2. Darnold had the chance to kill the game. He failed to do that. He did enough to win but he needs to be more if he’s supposed to be the franchise.

He missed 2 throws to Robby. He also has about 5 drops. It wasn’t his signature game, but it was a positive game any way you slice it. Is the kid not allowed to make a single mistake? What are you expectations for a player this young playing behind the worst OL in football?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He missed 2 throws to Robby. He also has about 5 drops. It wasn’t his signature game, but it was a positive game any way you slice it. Is the kid not allowed to make a single mistake? What are you expectations for a player this young playing behind the worst OL in football?

Don’t miss open receivers when your team is reliant on your performance. We would’ve won going away if he played better. He avoided the mistakes but if we lost it’d be heavily on the back of his performance.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Don’t miss open receivers when your team is reliant on your performance. We would’ve won going away if he played better. But he avoided the mistakes but if we lost it’d be heavily on the back of his performance.

Ok so your expectations are that the QB can never miss a receiver. News flash- that doesn’t exist and never will. 

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so your expectations are that the QB can never miss a receiver. News flash- that doesn’t exist and never will. 

That’s the problem with the way we evaluate QBs. He did enough to win and he put up a performance that should’ve been a loss comes down to rather than skill. 

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

at least 3 throws to RA missed...    that coulda been TDs. one to crowder.

concerning.

Rather he miss the throw than throw the INT.  270 yards 2 TD/1 INT is not bad and IF he makes some throws might have had 5 TD's and 400 yards. Darnold could have been a lot worse.  I think Darnold is doing as good as we can hope for with the lack of coaching, OL, lack of weapons and starting the season with mono.  Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

cause for concern, cause for hope. i just hope, over next three games the ratio doesnt become unbalanced.

we all know the roster is weak. ffs, our run game looked better with bilal. ( props to him. good dude. not SALMMING bell but his style is untenable iwth this OL. and even so, when there were times ther was 4, he got to six or 7, 7 , 10 or 12)

Gase record w/o Peyton is meh. With Sam 5-5...  but...  Sam coulda pushed the needle and made more plays... myabe 1 or 2 more wins? THATS what i thought we were selecting.

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Rather he miss the throw than throw the INT.  270 yards 2 TD/1 INT is not bad and IF he makes some throws might have had 5 TD's and 400 yards. Darnold could have been a lot worse.  I think Darnold is doing as good as we can hope for with the lack of coaching, OL, lack of weapons and starting the season with mono.  Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

I totally agree with you. It is really hard to hear these buffoons all negative after a Jets win, just pessimistic douches. Listening to all these chronic complainers would make you think the Jets lost big. The secondary was all fill ins, the OL sucks, and the TE leaves the game early, but all these downers see is a negative QB who eventually led the team to a victory. If you can't say anything positive after a win, then STFU. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

I totally agree with you. It is really hard to hear these buffoons all negative after a Jets win, just pessimistic douches. Listening to all these chronic complainers would make you think the Jets lost big. The secondary was all fill ins, the OL sucks, and the TE leaves the game early, but all these downers see is a negative QB who eventually led the team to a victory. If you can't say anything positive after a win, then STFU. 

giphy.gif

It was ugly. I missed the 2nd quarter. I think it's ok to admit he had a 'meh' game, made easier to stomach because of a penalty at the end.

I mean, I doubt you're defending a 21-19 loss so vociferously.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

cause for concern, cause for hope. i just hope, over next three games the ratio doesnt become unbalanced.

we all know the roster is weak. ffs, our run game looked better with bilal. ( props to him. good dude. not SALMMING bell but his style is untenable iwth this OL. and even so, when there were times ther was 4, he got to six or 7, 7 , 10 or 12)

Gase record w/o Peyton is meh. With Sam 5-5...  but...  Sam coulda pushed the needle and made more plays... myabe 1 or 2 more wins? THATS what i thought we were selecting.

I still think that is what we selected, but he has literally had some of the worst coaches in his short career.  He has all the tools.  He needs weapons, a coach that can teach and an OL.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Gase showed he's a bad coach again. We win despite his terrible clock,game and play management

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing.  It was WWE day?  Some pro wrestling tie-in, might as well have done nothing.

And I'm fine with that.  They've been very generous with the handouts this year.

SAR I

Fleece head band give away, Steelers game last time I got one of those it was white with the jolly green giant on it. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I still think that is what we selected, but he has literally had some of the worst coaches in his short career.  He has all the tools.  He needs weapons, a coach that can teach and an OL.

Bill B had a sub .500 record over 6 YEARS.

Then he stumbled into a HOF QBH selected in the 6th rnd. 

a coaching carousel aint the best thing either....see Alex Smith