Jump to content
joewilly12

***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

Recommended Posts

Just now, slimjasi said:

lol, that sounds like the least jetsiest thing to me, but I could be wrong

We lose when we shouldnt, we beat who we shouldnt. Playing up or down to competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighPitch said:

We lose when we shouldnt, we beat who we shouldnt. Playing up or down to competition

This is a game we traditionally get blown out in. 

I will honestly be super impressed with this team if they keep it within ten points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I agree, I’ve never seen other QBs miss 2 throws in a game before. 

He missed a lot more than 2. Darnold had the chance to kill the game. He failed to do that. He did enough to win but he needs to be more if he’s supposed to be the franchise.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of agreed with Jay Feely that the Jets should try to get better field position for a shorter kick. But I guess Gase thought a 44 yarder was make-able and he didn't want to take a chance for a turnover. And the placement on the field looked pretty good. He was right. We'll take that .😊 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

at least 3 throws to RA missed...    that coulda been TDs. one to crowder.

concerning.

Darnold still has issues throwing to Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KC doesn't commit a single penalty last week - this week, there were 2 ticky tacky calls on the defense on the first drive ending in a pats TD; then on a big play they have their 3rd on a phantom holding call that cost them a 23 yard game... the refs love themselves the Pats...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He missed a lot more than 2. Darnold had the chance to kill the game. He failed to do that. He did enough to win but he needs to be more if he’s supposed to be the franchise.

He missed 2 throws to Robby. He also has about 5 drops. It wasn’t his signature game, but it was a positive game any way you slice it. Is the kid not allowed to make a single mistake? What are you expectations for a player this young playing behind the worst OL in football?

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Care to make a wager on that?

I don't bet the NY Jets or I would be homeless and poor. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This win means that it looks like  a 3rd place schedule for next year

That means Pittsburgh or Cleveland at home (vs Cincinnati in the 4th place schedule) and Tennessee or Indianapolis away (Jacksonville in 4th place schedule)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Vyncint Smith has some wheels get that man the ball. 

He has shown glimpses this year he can develop into a decent 3rd wr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, but the commercial with the smoke detectors is funny.

More commercials than td passes this yr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He missed 2 throws to Robby. He also has about 5 drops. It wasn’t his signature game, but it was a positive game any way you slice it. Is the kid not allowed to make a single mistake? What are you expectations for a player this young playing behind the worst OL in football?

Don’t miss open receivers when your team is reliant on your performance. We would’ve won going away if he played better. He avoided the mistakes but if we lost it’d be heavily on the back of his performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Don’t miss open receivers when your team is reliant on your performance. We would’ve won going away if he played better. But he avoided the mistakes but if we lost it’d be heavily on the back of his performance.

Ok so your expectations are that the QB can never miss a receiver. News flash- that doesn’t exist and never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so your expectations are that the QB can never miss a receiver. News flash- that doesn’t exist and never will. 

That’s the problem with the way we evaluate QBs. He did enough to win and he put up a performance that should’ve been a loss comes down to rather than skill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

at least 3 throws to RA missed...    that coulda been TDs. one to crowder.

concerning.

Rather he miss the throw than throw the INT.  270 yards 2 TD/1 INT is not bad and IF he makes some throws might have had 5 TD's and 400 yards. Darnold could have been a lot worse.  I think Darnold is doing as good as we can hope for with the lack of coaching, OL, lack of weapons and starting the season with mono.  Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

cause for concern, cause for hope. i just hope, over next three games the ratio doesnt become unbalanced.

we all know the roster is weak. ffs, our run game looked better with bilal. ( props to him. good dude. not SALMMING bell but his style is untenable iwth this OL. and even so, when there were times ther was 4, he got to six or 7, 7 , 10 or 12)

Gase record w/o Peyton is meh. With Sam 5-5...  but...  Sam coulda pushed the needle and made more plays... myabe 1 or 2 more wins? THATS what i thought we were selecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Rather he miss the throw than throw the INT.  270 yards 2 TD/1 INT is not bad and IF he makes some throws might have had 5 TD's and 400 yards. Darnold could have been a lot worse.  I think Darnold is doing as good as we can hope for with the lack of coaching, OL, lack of weapons and starting the season with mono.  Its a lost season and the team needs a complete overhaul and then judge him. There is plenty to be concerned with, but there is also a lot to be excited about.

I totally agree with you. It is really hard to hear these buffoons all negative after a Jets win, just pessimistic douches. Listening to all these chronic complainers would make you think the Jets lost big. The secondary was all fill ins, the OL sucks, and the TE leaves the game early, but all these downers see is a negative QB who eventually led the team to a victory. If you can't say anything positive after a win, then STFU. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

I totally agree with you. It is really hard to hear these buffoons all negative after a Jets win, just pessimistic douches. Listening to all these chronic complainers would make you think the Jets lost big. The secondary was all fill ins, the OL sucks, and the TE leaves the game early, but all these downers see is a negative QB who eventually led the team to a victory. If you can't say anything positive after a win, then STFU. 

giphy.gif

It was ugly. I missed the 2nd quarter. I think it's ok to admit he had a 'meh' game, made easier to stomach because of a penalty at the end.

I mean, I doubt you're defending a 21-19 loss so vociferously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fusionCA said:

You punt ???

 

You ******* punt?????

I'm Todd Bowles and I approve this message.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He missed a lot more than 2. Darnold had the chance to kill the game. He failed to do that. He did enough to win but he needs to be more if he’s supposed to be the franchise.

Kid needs a supporting cast to be great.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady has no weapons this year and he looks like crap. Give Darnold weapons and you will see a FQB.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

cause for concern, cause for hope. i just hope, over next three games the ratio doesnt become unbalanced.

we all know the roster is weak. ffs, our run game looked better with bilal. ( props to him. good dude. not SALMMING bell but his style is untenable iwth this OL. and even so, when there were times ther was 4, he got to six or 7, 7 , 10 or 12)

Gase record w/o Peyton is meh. With Sam 5-5...  but...  Sam coulda pushed the needle and made more plays... myabe 1 or 2 more wins? THATS what i thought we were selecting.

I still think that is what we selected, but he has literally had some of the worst coaches in his short career.  He has all the tools.  He needs weapons, a coach that can teach and an OL.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are playing a team that blitzes on Thursday. Darnold will look like a high schooler again.

Today was another bad performance by sam darnold.  There have been waaay to many of those this year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

cause for concern, cause for hope. i just hope, over next three games the ratio doesnt become unbalanced.

we all know the roster is weak. ffs, our run game looked better with bilal. ( props to him. good dude. not SALMMING bell but his style is untenable iwth this OL. and even so, when there were times ther was 4, he got to six or 7, 7 , 10 or 12)

Gase record w/o Peyton is meh. With Sam 5-5...  but...  Sam coulda pushed the needle and made more plays... myabe 1 or 2 more wins? THATS what i thought we were selecting.

Gase showed he's a bad coach again. We win despite his terrible clock,game and play management

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  what was the handout today to the fans? 

Nothing.  It was WWE day?  Some pro wrestling tie-in, might as well have done nothing.

And I'm fine with that.  They've been very generous with the handouts this year.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing.  It was WWE day?  Some pro wrestling tie-in, might as well have done nothing.

And I'm fine with that.  They've been very generous with the handouts this year.

SAR I

Fleece head band give away, Steelers game last time I got one of those it was white with the jolly green giant on it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tfine said:

Every QB has bad games. Sorry you guys expected this lmmortal god as a QB. He still has a lot to learn.


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Lmaoo expectations are always unrealistic for some fans.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I still think that is what we selected, but he has literally had some of the worst coaches in his short career.  He has all the tools.  He needs weapons, a coach that can teach and an OL.

Bill B had a sub .500 record over 6 YEARS.

Then he stumbled into a HOF QBH selected in the 6th rnd. 

a coaching carousel aint the best thing either....see Alex Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

If you can't say anything positive after a win

I sure am glad the Dolphin DB committed a PI 8 yds short of a 1st down on 3rd and 18!

I was all, like....

Holy Cow Reaction GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...