***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Been saying it for years, Powell is one of the most under utilized/underrated  players we’ve ever had. 

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this past off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TampaJet said:

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

Powell has had no choice but to adapt his playing style to our horrible OL over the last few years. Plus he didn’t have many miles on him so he still has burst even though he’s older now. He’s been a great #2 for this team and the contstabd OL issues. 

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this past off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

That’s correct. That said, trying the get bell in the game with outside runs and/or the passing game would be smart. I love Powell and was happy he returned, but Gase has badly mismanaged our talent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

I do think he fits better.  That said, Bell has 55 receptions too.  He’s great for Sam. Just not sure his run style fits the scheme.  The Dolphins are also terrible too and our OL personal is better this go around.