joewilly12

***OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS JETS GAME THREAD***

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Been saying it for years, Powell is one of the most under utilized/underrated  players we’ve ever had. 

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this past off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TampaJet said:

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

Powell has had no choice but to adapt his playing style to our horrible OL over the last few years. Plus he didn’t have many miles on him so he still has burst even though he’s older now. He’s been a great #2 for this team and the contstabd OL issues. 

I’ve seen Quinnen in the backfield twice and Hairston got a pick!?!?! Before halftime!?!?!! 

• Like 1

I've always felt the same. Today it looks like we already had a RB better than Bell on the roster this past off season. Then again, I think Powell's style of hitting the hole  quickly is a better match with our weak OL anyway.

That’s correct. That said, trying the get bell in the game with outside runs and/or the passing game would be smart. I love Powell and was happy he returned, but Gase has badly mismanaged our talent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

I do think he fits better.  That said, Bell has 55 receptions too.  He’s great for Sam. Just not sure his run style fits the scheme.  The Dolphins are also terrible too and our OL personal is better this go around. 

Running game is better as we expected. Bell is still really good. Just that he's not a good fit for the team at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve seen Quinnen in the backfield twice and Hairston got a pick!?!?! Before halftime!?!?!! 

Q has to learn how to finish the damned tackle though. It’s not the first time he’s had a sack slip through his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Dude we would be on fire right now if anyone could catch. 

4 drops already in the first half. 

• Upvote 1

Weren’t perfect passes?  The first one couldn’t have been placed better.  That one was behind him but you have to catch that. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Run game looks good without Bell. 

Might have something to do with the Fins but it's  still nice to see a two prong attack

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

the pass was behind him...very hard pass to catch but he had a chance at it and should have made the adjustment as a veteran wr