Philc1

Philc1 wants you to know that he'd like to see Gase fired

How long are we stuck with idiot Gase?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How long are we stuck with idiot Gase?

1) Gase had enough power/influence that he was able to get the GM fired after running the entire offseason. Guys with pull like that don't usually get axed after one year.

2) The Johnsons are cheap. They don't want to spend the next three years paying two head coaches.

43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean 3 head coaches. They're paying Gase and Bowles this year and I think next year as well. Before the 2018 season both Bowles and Maccagnan (each of whom could/should have been expecting to be fired) were awarded with 2-year extensions. As in extensions for 2019 and 2020.

The Johnsons suck ass, but cheap shmeep. Nobody pays 3 head coaches while also paying 2 GMs.

Not unless maybe someone oh so special suddenly came available and (lol) after all this time made himself available really because he wants to coach the Jets. Someone like Harbaugh, I guess, but I doubt he's going anywhere he isn't also the GM with total control. Or it'd be another personal friend of Douglas (but then isn't Gase already one?). Who else would feel they had any job security past 1 year if this is how much of a leash they get with the guy who's only here because of the just-fired HC? Anyway absent one of those two scenarios, it's taking another swing at unknowns, with Chris Johnson putting his thumb on the scales again, right after pulling it out of his own ass. 

Yeah, I thought Bowles only signed the one year extension, so I guess they'd be paying three coaches and two GMs in 2020. Absurd that guys literally get extensions just to avoid the "lame duck" designation.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company