Jump to content
Philc1

Philc1 wants you to know that he'd like to see Gase fired

How long are we stuck with idiot Gase?  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. How long are we stuck with idiot Gase?

    • 2021
      25
    • 2022
      24


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why does Adam Gase still have a job?

You need to make a 3rd thread, and you call that 1 Gase Must go. lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Because the roster sucks but the team is proving to be resilient and is still fighting here. They’re not quitting despite being a bunch of Davids vs. Goliaths. 

1643456335_ScreenShot2019-12-12at9_46_49PM.png.b00269ca3a7d28da9df0fd524a21d3ef.png

 

Reactions can be funny, yet sad and predictable at the same time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is proof Jets’ Adam Gase keeps getting out-coached

Updated 6:54 AM;Today 6:25 AM 
Adam Gase

AP

New York Jets head coach Adam Gase has not been effective in his first season with the team.

 
 
 

BALTIMORE – There are plenty of warning signs swirling around Adam Gase.

There’s the fact that he can’t win on the road. There’s the fact that, after Thursday night’s 42-21 loss to the Ravens, his Jets are now 0-4 against teams currently above .500. There’s the fact that he’s lost four games by 20-plus points this season, including this one.

But this defeat at M&T Bank Stadium emphasized yet another failing for the first-year head coach: He’s terrible at adjusting mid-game.

Surprisingly enough, the Jets’ offense actually fared quite well in the first half Thursday night. Yes, some errors proved costly and they recorded just seven points. But they put up more than 200 yards and were moving the ball effectively against a bona fide contender.

Then the Jets went 0-for-3 on their possessions in the third quarter Thursday night, tallying two punts and a lost fumble. In a vacuum, that could be dismissed as a short stretch of sloppy football.

But this is part of a much broader trend.

In fact, Gase’s offense has been among the NFL’s worst in the third quarter this season. In other words, his unit has been ineffective once he and opposing coaches spend 15 minutes tweaking their game plans to outsmart one other. He’s losing that battle of wits – constantly.

“I think every game is different,” Gase said, when asked about his team’s third-quarter issues.

In reality, though, they aren’t. The truth of the matter is that the Jets ranked 22nd in third-quarter points (3.9 per game) entering Week 15 – then posted zero against the Ravens. They also ranked 30th in possession percentage (44 percent) during that frame.

In total, the Jets have tallied 33 third-quarter possessions this year. They’ve punted 20 times. They’ve turned the ball over or allowed a safety eight times. They’ve scored five times.

They’ve reached the end zone just three times.

Yes, that’s right: Just nine percent of the Jets’ third-quarter drives have ended in touchdowns.

Oh, by the way, two of those three TDs came against the Raiders. So the Jets are actually 1-for-30 when it comes to scoring touchdowns in their other 13 third quarters.

It gets worse. In three of 14 games, the Jets have managed just one third-quarter possession. Five times, they’ve tallied just two drives.

That is a clear failing of coaching. Either the Jets aren’t adjusting at all or they’re making the wrong ones. This offense isn’t just incapable of scoring for 15 minutes of every game – it’s also unable to simply hold onto the ball. The Jets keep going three-and-out (or four or five or maybe six plays), then punting it away. And they’re heaping extra pressure on their defense as a result.

Even more to the point? The one time in the game when the Jets have found consistent success is the opening drive. They’ve scored on six of their 14 game-opening possessions – when Gase actually gets days on end to figure out a plan.

But when Gase has no choice but to think on his feet? The results simply haven’t been there.

Running back Le’Veon Bell said he hasn’t noticed the post-halftime sluggishness. Quarterback Sam Darnold said he doesn’t know why it’s happening, but “we just have to come out a lot sharper in the second half." Wide receiver Robby Anderson did his best to shrug it off entirely.

“I don’t really look back," Anderson said. "I just try to look forward. I don’t really pay attention to things like that. I just go out there and try to handle what I can.”

But, clearly, not enough of the Jets’ offensive playmakers are handling what they can once they come back out of the locker room.

That starts at the top with Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Because the roster sucks but the team is proving to be resilient and is still fighting here. They’re not quitting despite being a bunch of Davids vs. Goliaths. 

They lost by 21 points last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

They lost by 21 points last night.

And anyone who watched the game knows the game was closer than the score and that they played hard to the final whistle 

Pretty much exactly what Bart Scott and others were saying post game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And anyone who watched the game knows the game was closer than the score and that they played hard to the final whistle 

Pretty much exactly what Bart Scott and others were saying post game

That game was never anything near close.  We got blown out of the building from kickoff.  The fact that the score wasn't that lopsided for a few minutes doesn't mean anything.  I will agree that they seemed to play hard, and kept trying to score until the very end, but closer than the score? First of all, what does that mean?  It felt like a 20 point loss instead of 21?  Second, No.  They were crushed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That game was never anything near close.  We got blown out of the building from kickoff.  The fact that the score wasn't that lopsided for a few minutes doesn't mean anything.  I will agree that they seemed to play hard, and kept trying to score until the very end, but closer than the score? First of all, what does that mean?  It felt like a 20 point loss instead of 21?  Second, No.  They were crushed. 

After the initial onslaught it was closer than the score.  It means their K left 4 on the field.  A missed PI to Anderson, a missed muff away from being closer than the actual score.  At some point in the 3rd Q they put up the stat, both teams had 207 yards of offense, exactly the same number.  Not so much the game was close as not a 21 point blow out

I'm agreeing with BScott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That game was never anything near close.  We got blown out of the building from kickoff.  The fact that the score wasn't that lopsided for a few minutes doesn't mean anything.  I will agree that they seemed to play hard, and kept trying to score until the very end, but closer than the score? First of all, what does that mean?  It felt like a 20 point loss instead of 21?  Second, No.  They were crushed. 

We did get crushed in a lot of ways but this is the best offense in the league and we were without multiple players on defense so it’s not overly surprising. The positive to me was that Sam didn’t wilt under the pressure of playing on the road vs a team like the ravens. 

As for Gase aside from the money, the situation is extremely easy to evaluate and yet I’m sure CJ will screw it up. What coaching skills or characteristics does Gase do well?

Scheme/play calling, discipline, in game management, player development, and player motivation. Those are the skills that you need to be good at to be a good head coach. 

Schematically he is awful and tries to force players into his “system” even though that never works. 

The players don’t seem to like him, nor does he run a disciplined organization where you could say just the bad apples don’t like him. 

He throws his players under the bus then takes fake responsibility - that is the opposite of motivation. 

As the earlier article said he has awful at in game management and takes poor challenges. Why run an onside kick after a time out last night?

Our offensive rookies haven’t showed much improvement and he has not integrated players like Montgomery into the system. 

Hes also terrible with the media, doesn’t seem to have changed his approach after failing in Miami, and wasn’t even the organizations top choice last year. 

So yea I think it’s fair to ask this organization that we all support why exactly this man has a job as the HC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hot take - the Jets roster is terrible AND Gase is a terrible HC.  They are not mutually exclusive.  It doesn't have to be one or the other as some here seem to think. 

Assuming the GM does a decent job of upgrading the personnel, doesn't blow the draft, and the owners don't sack Gase, next year is the year that we see if Gase sinks or swims with this team.  No excuses in 2020.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And anyone who watched the game knows the game was closer than the score and that they played hard to the final whistle 

Pretty much exactly what Bart Scott and others were saying post game

I shudder to think what it would look like if they weren’t playing hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So why does Gase have a guaranteed job next 2 years?

Did you expect to win last night? I actually thought they did some good thing but were out manned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So why does Gase have a guaranteed job next 2 years?

First year on the job, not his full roster, continuity, owner wants to look like he is in charge, blah blah blah. 

After next year he will have no guarantees. If JD adequately turns around this O-line and brings in some more weapons for Darnold and this team keeps losing games they should win b/c of offensive futility, Gase will be on the hot seat immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Gase had enough power/influence that he was able to get the GM fired after running the entire offseason. Guys with pull like that don't usually get axed after one year.

2) The Johnsons are cheap. They don't want to spend the next three years paying two head coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gase it terrible we knew it when he was in miami and he is with jets-anybody that defends a guy with a career record of being a loser and having bottom of the barrell offenses is out of their mind stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merged a few of these. Don't need them after every game, definitely don't need more than one. 

@Philc1- bump this thread instead of starting a new one that says the exact same thing every week. Thanks. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I shudder to think what it would look like if they weren’t playing hard

Im sure you would just move onto something else

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slats said:

Merged a few of these. Don't need them after every game, definitely don't need more than one. 

@Philc1- bump this thread instead of starting a new one that says the exact same thing every week. Thanks. 

Love the thread title 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im sure you would just move onto something else

 

wish people would get a life and stop complaining about the team that's 10-20 over the last two seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1) Gase had enough power/influence that he was able to get the GM fired after running the entire offseason. Guys with pull like that don't usually get axed after one year.

2) The Johnsons are cheap. They don't want to spend the next three years paying two head coaches.

You mean 3 head coaches. They're paying Gase and Bowles this year and I think next year as well. Before the 2018 season both Bowles and Maccagnan (each of whom could/should have been expecting to be fired) were awarded with 2-year extensions. As in extensions for 2019 and 2020.

The Johnsons suck ass, but cheap shmeep. Nobody pays 3 head coaches while also paying 2 GMs.

Not unless maybe someone oh so special suddenly came available and (lol) after all this time made himself available really because he wants to coach the Jets. Someone like Harbaugh, I guess, but I doubt he's going anywhere he isn't also the GM with total control. Or it'd be another personal friend of Douglas (but then isn't Gase already one?). Who else would feel they had any job security past 1 year if this is how much of a leash they get with the guy who's only here because of the just-fired HC? Anyway absent one of those two scenarios, it's taking another swing at unknowns, with Chris Johnson putting his thumb on the scales again, right after pulling it out of his own ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likelihood is Gase isn't getting fired after 2020 either. Not unless there's a mutiny and/or he goes 4-12 or worse, with a generally healthy roster, and getting players he pushed for getting (and dumping/trading) in FA and the draft. He'll get to say they're still working on purging the prior regime's poison and it takes more than 1-2 years. FFS that's what people said for 3+ years when Maccagnan/Bowles were hired. 

So far I'm decidedly unimpressed, but his put up or shut up season will be 2021 whether any of us like it or not. 

Knew in November last year they were firing Bowles, and were already searching and talking to some candidates. Then after finally dumping Bowles, Chris Johnson brags about what a big splash the next HC hire is going to be after this exhaustive/lengthy search process is over. And he hires the guy the Dolphins fired after just 3 seasons, because he once used to call/do whatever Peyton Manning wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting beat down by the hottest team in football changes nothing. Not sure why anyone is upset by this loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean 3 head coaches. They're paying Gase and Bowles this year and I think next year as well. Before the 2018 season both Bowles and Maccagnan (each of whom could/should have been expecting to be fired) were awarded with 2-year extensions. As in extensions for 2019 and 2020.

The Johnsons suck ass, but cheap shmeep. Nobody pays 3 head coaches while also paying 2 GMs.

Not unless maybe someone oh so special suddenly came available and (lol) after all this time made himself available really because he wants to coach the Jets. Someone like Harbaugh, I guess, but I doubt he's going anywhere he isn't also the GM with total control. Or it'd be another personal friend of Douglas (but then isn't Gase already one?). Who else would feel they had any job security past 1 year if this is how much of a leash they get with the guy who's only here because of the just-fired HC? Anyway absent one of those two scenarios, it's taking another swing at unknowns, with Chris Johnson putting his thumb on the scales again, right after pulling it out of his own ass. 

Yeah, I thought Bowles only signed the one year extension, so I guess they'd be paying three coaches and two GMs in 2020. Absurd that guys literally get extensions just to avoid the "lame duck" designation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I thought Bowles only signed the one year extension, so I guess they'd be paying three coaches and two GMs in 2020. Absurd that guys literally get extensions just to avoid the "lame duck" designation.

Crazy. Especially when he saw Coughlin win a SB as a lame duck coach in the same freaking stadium. There's no cap $ for it, and it a pittance compared to all the players that bust for them every year, so it doesn't mean anything to me if an additional $4MM or $8MM of Johnson's money went to Bowles (nor an equal amount to Maccagnan) after they were fired.  What concerns me is that CJ had enough confidence in one or both of them for an extension to even enter his mind. 

And this is supposed to be the "smarter" Johnson brother? Yeesh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...