Sign in to follow this  
JOJOTOWNSELL

Sam will get the win against Lamar

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think the Jets will hang tough against the Ravens if Sam doesn't get his happy feet back and try to do too much.  We also need to put a spy on Jackson and dare him to beat us with his arm.  If Darnold stays poised and actually pulls down the ball and runs when the opportunity is there instead of throwing low percentage passes, I think we're in this game until the end.  

You are a better man then me.  I am seeing deer in the headlights, ghost game type stuff from darnold.  And what leads me to believe this is the poor play from him the last 2 weeks against awful defenses.

This ravens defense is a real defense.  They might not get many sacks on him but they will bring pressure and create havoc around darnold in the pocket.  I am seeing a gameplan of 0 blitzes like the pats did.

Darnold has not shown he is willing to stand in the pocket, stay calm when its messy and make throws.  When it gets messy, he sees ghosts, panics and its a disaster.  

If he has not improved on handling a hectic pocket, Thursday night is going to be a national disaster like the ghost game was.

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

We will be lucky to score 3 points. This will be the Patriots game all over; hopefully without all the Darnold interceptions. 

Thursday nights game is the biggest game of Sam Darnolds career and a huge game for the jets franchise moving forward.  The Jets dont have to win this game, but Sam Darnold needs to make plays and look like a franchise qb.  

id say 280 yards 2 tds, heck ill even give him 2 picks and I would be ok with that.  And those have to be non garbage time stats.

If this guy goes out there and has happy feet, panics and looks skiddish, sees and feels pressure when it isnt there, we are in huge trouble moving forward.  There will be legitimate questions if Sam Darnold is the guy.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

The Ravens are going to execute the same exact game plan as the Pats did on the MNF game. You can take that to bank.

Will Gase, the OL, and Darnold be ready for it?

Not this year. The Jets would be better off starting Fales and saving the kid another national embarrassment.

That game plan is an absolute joke.  Any good qb would salivate at that.  Just get the ball out qucik and let robby, crowder, smith and thomas make plays.  We have the receivers to absolutely crush an all out blitz.  The question is do we have the qb to do it?

He is an elite athlete for a safety.  But no elite safety is containing lamar jackson.  He would shake jamal adams out of his boots.

That being said, jamal adams would be insane to play another snap of football until he is the highest paid safety in the league.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Maybe I’m not explaining myself well here.

As I said in my first reply, I have no problem with any of the arguments people here have about Adams value to the Jets as a safety. In fact, I agree with almost all of them.

My point was you shouldn’t have said he isn’t an elite athlete.

You countered by showing how he fared when compared against other elite athletes in different measurables.You argue that proves he isn’t an elite athlete.

My argument was he is definitely an elite athlete. He’s performing at the highest level possible (the NFL). His “total package” has at the very least made him an all pro level player, his peers have voted for him to support that view, and he is at the very worst our most valuable trading chip.

Call him brash, call him a loudmouth, complain about his pass coverage skills, etc, that’s all fair. Saying he isn’t an elite athlete isn’t.

Correct.  You are confusing the term athletic and athlete.  You can say he might not be as athletic as his peers, but being an athlete is far more then just athletics.

Athletics is about 50% of what constitutes ad athlete.  The other 50% is mental(anticipation, understanding, smarts, ability to diagnose whats going on, how fast you process information) etc.

He is an elite athlete, he just might not have elite athleticism.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Ravens are going to do whatever they want vs. the Jets, and that's just fine.  As long as Sammy D doesnt poopoo himself vs. that Defense and puts up a respectable effort, getting blown out by the Ravens and having Lamar run wild is really not a big deal.  

Correct.  Thursday night is about Sam Darnold showing us that he has grown and improved as a qb.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Im banking on Sam crapping his pants just like he has done vs every pressure situation he's ever been in.  The Ravens pressure everyone the Jets as you know will be no different. Back foot Sam will be back with a vengeance the same Sam that could not even sustain drives at home vs the Dolphins

The truth hurts but this is 100% correct.  If he is as inaccurate as he was Sunday combined with panic and throwing off the back foot?????

My goodness.  Its national tv embarrassment all over again.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company