Sign in to follow this  
JOJOTOWNSELL

Sam will get the win against Lamar

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  As if Jamal Adams would help stop Lamar Jackson.  Lamar would side step those A-gap blitzes with the same effort he would need for pre-game stretches.  

The arguments people make about Adams positional value are reasonable and make sense.

If you want to start pretending he isn't very good at what he does, I'm going to have to start questioning whether you're just a hater.

Adams is a big part of why we were the best run defense in the league. He is a great weapon to have against the leagues most potent rushing attack. He wouldn't be able to shut down Lamar but he'd certainly be a big help in slowing him down. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He'd play an important role in shutting down Mark Ingram.  Not Lamar Jackson.  You need to be an elite athlete to stop Lamar Jackson or even "contain" him.  Jamal is not an elite athlete, no matter how many positives you want to list off about him.  

Shutting down Ingram helps to contain Jackson because of how that offense works. It's a powerful downhill rushing attack with a bunch of counter action and option built off of it. 

If Ingram isn't getting his yards the rest of the action off it becomes less effective.

Not only would Adams help containing the run, I could see him being used as a spy on Jackson in passing situations. 

Any chance he plays Thursday?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's just it:  Jamal wouldn't make an effective spy against Lamar.  

I agree that shutting down Ingram is big when it comes to their planned college-style run plays.  But that has nothing to do with Lamar taking off when no one is open.  That's where we'll have no answer for Lamar whether Jamal plays or not.  Lamar will be able to get first downs just about whenever he feels like it.   

We can disagree on that one. I wouldn't be shocked if I was wrong - Lamar is a special athlete. My opinion is Adams could limit (not shut him down) him as a spy.

Hopefully we get a chance to see it.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company