Sign in to follow this  
JOJOTOWNSELL

Sam will get the win against Lamar

29 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

I have a weird feeling Sam is gonna show Lamar why he was drafted almost 30 spots ahead of him. Jets moneyline all in

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive been saying it for weeks.  Jets will beat the Ravens. 

If either of you two gents care to put your money where your mouth is, I’m willing to bet you a few rubles.

Just name your poison.

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well, at least my “changing of the guard” is now the 2nd worst prediction thread of the day.

Meh Buffalo was one good play by the Raven CB on the goal line from tying it up on their final play. 

Aside from the Browns and whoever else beat them their other loss, nobody has looked as good against Baltimore as Buffalo did today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

We barely by the skin of our nuts beat a tanking dolphins team with a sh tty qb how are we beating the best team in the nfl with the hottest qb in the league 

Lol, no, I think the Ravens will kill us.

I was consoling  JWN from thinking his prediction that the Bills would win was the worst of the day until this OPs.

His wasn’t that far off. The Bills we’re right on the goal line at the end trying to tie it up.

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If Sam were playing for the Ravens and Lamar playing for the Jets, then yes. Sam will beat Lamar.

No, probably not. Sam couldn’t run the Ravens offense nearly as well as Lamar does.

Jackson is really good.

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

No way! They’re loaded meanwhile we have 3rd stringers starting.

Ps, hope you’re golf season is still going strong!

I’m up on Long Island freezing my butt off. Be back down south and playing again after Christmas.

Im assuming your sticks are packed away?

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Buffalo is a good team. What’s that have to do with us?

This was a reply to someone who was knocking Allen’s play against the Ravens. That’s why it doesn’t “have anything to do with us.”

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal is not an elite athlete, no matter how many positives you want to list off about him.  

Come on, 80. You’re better then this.

I get the argument about positional value.

I understand when people say he talks too much, or they want to trade him for picks.

Those are reasonable opinions. Claiming that an AllPro level safety isn’t an elite athlete isn’t being reasonable however.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's absolutely reasonable, because the numbers say that is the case. 

jamal-adams1.png

148 out of 343 qualifying SS's.  He hasn't made it to a 2nd team All-Pro on his athletic gifts.  That's 100 % a true statement.  

It bears out on tape too, where he's constantly a step slow in coverage, especially on throws over the middle where he's in "2 deep" coverage.  

Good retort. I give you props for having numbers to support your opinion, I guess we just look at athletes differently.

In my opinion, anyone who makes it to the professional level in any sport is an elite athlete. When a player not only does that, but reaches an all star level, I think by definition, he removes any doubt about his “elite athletic ability”.

Does that mean every all pro is a “5 tool player”? I’m using a baseball term, but you get my point, I hope.

I also would argue the fact that he’s overcome what you’ve shown aren’t the best “measurables” a player can have, an still become one of the better players in the league, speaks very highly to his athleticism.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, it really doesn't.  It speaks well to everything BUT his athleticism.  You are what you are as a pure athlete.  And the numbers I posted matter a lot.  That's been proven time and again to matter.

Maybe I’m not explaining myself well here.

As I said in my first reply, I have no problem with any of the arguments people here have about Adams value to the Jets as a safety. In fact, I agree with almost all of them.

My point was you shouldn’t have said he isn’t an elite athlete.

You countered by showing how he fared when compared against other elite athletes in different measurables.You argue that proves he isn’t an elite athlete. 

My argument was he is definitely an elite athlete. He’s performing at the highest level possible (the NFL). His “total package” has at the very least made him an all pro level player, his peers have voted for him to support that view, and he is at the very worst our most valuable trading chip.

Call him brash, call him a loudmouth, complain about his pass coverage skills, etc, that’s all fair. Saying he isn’t an elite athlete isn’t.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't know how to make this more clear.  Any NFL player is an elite athlete compared to normal people.  Compared to other NFL players, Jamal Adams is an average athlete.  

You seem to be trying to re-frame the definition of athlete here.  Like, you're trying to mesh "athlete" and "football player" or something.  Whatever you're saying, it's not correct.  Athleticism has to do with things you can do with your body.  In this area Jamal Adams has serious limitations compared to his peers.  

And I think you’re simply refusing to admit you were wrong saying “Adams isn’t an elite athlete”.

The fact that he’s in the NFL proves he’s an elite athlete. Forget the fact he’s excelling.

Argue anything else you want about him. Being good enough to play a sport professionally is enough to define someone as an elite athlete.

Just admit to yourself you over reacted by saying it, and move on.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I didn't overreact.  Because you're still trying to put words in my mouth.  Saying a guy isn't an elite athlete COMPARED TO THE AVERAGE PERSON is not at all what I was talking about.  Your refusal to understand what I am saying does not put the onus on me to change what I am saying.  What I said was accurate. 

What you're saying, that Jamal is an elite athlete by the mere fact that he's in the NFL, is also accurate, but its not at all the point I was trying to make.  Don't move the goalposts and maybe we can have an actual discussion here.  

# 148 out of 343 Strong Safeties in the 2017 class.  In no Universe is that an elite athlete WHEN COMPARED TO other Safeties or great Defensive Players in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You need to be an elite athlete to stop Lamar Jackson or even "contain" him.  Jamal is not an elite athlete, no matter how many positives you want to list off about him.  

Your post. Your words. 

Im not moving goal posts.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And that is correct.  He's not an elite athlete compared to his peers.  Lamar Jackson is.  Your inability to understand context is not my problem.  

Okay. I think we’re done here. We’re going in circles, and nothing good is going to come of it at this point.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company