Sam Darnold in the second half of the season

slimjasi

I like Sam but he was dreadful in the second half today.

Stat sheet doesn't tell the story. Should have better early only for some killer drops and could have been far worse later on. Missed so many big plays, especially to Robby and it could have killed us. He was playing a terrible Miami team who couldn't even score a TD.

I think some of the reactions to Sam are horrible. Anyone writing him off can f*ck off. But it's a big season for him next season. He needs to show serious progression or we may have to look at other options. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I think some of the reactions to Sam are horrible. Anyone writing him off can f*ck off. But it's a big season for him next season. He needs to show serious progression or we may have to look at other options. 

The future is always a year away for us Jets fans.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

If the only thing that matters is Darnold getting better, how can anyone be happy about what they saw today from him??

Or this year?

Isn’t leading your team downfield for the game winning drive “getting better”? Sure he had a mediocre day but he got the results when it mattered most. Establishing a winning culture even when not at your best is at least as important as Darnold’s development. 

And it could’ve been worse. I’m sure you saw how your boy in Cleveland played today. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

If the only thing that matters is Darnold getting better, how can anyone be happy about what they saw today from him??

Or this year?

Because he is ******* 22 years old!  Has only played the position for 5 years, and still out played everyone’s  favorite magic hero on his worst day.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Miami Dolphins defense has been historically bad this season. That performance in the second half was alarming. At Baltimore on a short week would be tough for any QB- if Darnold plays like that on Thursday he's going to get destroyed.

Some of you guys are serious drama queens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Last year Darnold had a 57pct Comp pct. This year it's at 63pct

Last year Darnold had a 77QBRating, this year its at 84. 

Last year Darnold was 4-9 as a starter, this year he is 5-5. 

And I don't expect to hear from you again in this thread.....

1st Rd KO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

On a crappy roster that's comprised of underachievers and nobodies Jets fans choose to complain about our promising 22 year old QB and our Pro Bowl Safety more than any other players.  It's amazing.  Some fanbases have complete homers who blindly root for players regardless of how bad they are.  We have the opposite and choose to demoralize the more promising guys who are out there leaving it all on the field.  It's just weird.  I'd be surprised if Darnold sticks around for a second contract.  Who would want to play for this organization, coach and fanbase any longer than he has to?

michael fassbender drinking GIF

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Darnold had a very bad second half today.

My one thought is that I think he needs to develop a thicker skin. He seems to allow one bad play to make him more conservative and go into a shell.

Well the play calling suggests that gase had no faith in him either.  

2 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

He never runs for yardage. To be a great qb in this league, you have to do it once in a while. Maybe he's hurt.

Yes, I would love to see him run for more first downs. He has missed several opportunities for easy first down runs in the last few weeks.