Jets won today

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

Jets have limited talent and are plagued by injuries. The Dolphins are no pushover. Jets didn't play great but got the victory. A Wins a Win. I'll take it. On to Baltimore.?

This board acts like we have a good roster. 

Any win this team gets, especially with the incredible litany of injuries, is a struggle. 

We probably had like 8-10 guys start for us today who are barely even NFL backups. 

Compare our offensive line and secondary to every other unit in the league. Are we not bottom 3 in both groups?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Jets have limited talent and are plagued by injuries. The Dolphins are no pushover. Jets didn't play great but got the victory. A Wins a Win. I'll take it. On to Baltimore.?

I saw the pressure Balt put on Josh Allen today. It was relentless.

I think it best that the Jets send David Fales (only the Jets could have someone named that in their roster after playing maybe the worst qualified QB I’ve ever seen play in the league Falk for 3 games) in next week as a sacrifice and let Darnold finish out the last 2 games.

Darnold actually had a decent amount of time today most of the time.  Maybe that’s why he missed so many throws.  He doesn’t remember what that feels like haha.  

Next week will be ugly.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Hard to be excited about beating a horrible Miami team at home by 2 after the refs bailed us out 

Agree on everything except being 'bailed out'. That was as legit a call as I have seen in a while and the whole reason they instituted the rule in the first place. A blatant PI was not called, one that would have determined the outcome of the game. The refs did the right thing and overturned it.

Not to mention the BS or AT BEST borderline calls the Jets got called against them like the deep ball PI on Bless and the defenseless receiver hit on Burgess which gave the Dolphins 2 FGs. Even the facemask on QW was ticky tack because he didn't actually grab the facemask, his hand just grazed the visor. Or how about the roughting the passer call on Shepherd? That was complete BS. Just saying. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

April 23rd, 2020:  "Damn we just missed out on the two best OT's!, no pass rusher or WR's worth the pick here....hmmm, the are a few ilbs, safeties and DTs who are rated high here!"

LOL. I don't see it going this way.

Even if we fall out of the top 10 we should still get a top 5 OT prospect. The Jets are lucky that the OT position is so top heavy in the draft this year. A.Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood, Wills. One of those 4 will def. be there and all 4 are blue chip OT prospects who can step in and start right away in the NFL. All 4 are LT prospects despite the position they play in college. And that's just the 4 that have gotten a lot of attention lately, there will probably be more whose stock will rise as the draft nears.

Let's assume ALL of them are gone, well, then you have to assume one of the top Pass Rushers, CBs or WRs will be on the board b/c that's 4 selections eaten up by O-linemen- plus lets assume a QB goes top 5 and Chase Young goes top 3. 

So the Jets are guaranteed a legit OT prospect or at the very least a top tier player at a position of need if they don't F up their selection. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets are 4-1 in their last 5 games.

You wouldn't know it around here.

Lol, and TBH I’m very happy they lost that game because at 6-7, and possibly only 1 game back of a wild card spot should the Steelers lose.  In that scenario this place would be so pumped up for another deflating finish.

• Upvote 1