Jets won today

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

That is all. Scanning the board, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell.

Could it be because we played poorly?

Could it be because Darnold played poorly?

Could it be because we were playing against the one-of-worst-in-NFL-teams Phins and barely squeaked by?

Could it be because we started 1-7, and today's win, while nice, is meaningless garbage time?

Could it be because we have about 4 starters still playing?

I'm glad we won, I enjoyed it, and was happy for it (as stated in the game thread).

Now, it's time for thought and analysis, and once past the win part, it's not good mate.  Not good at all.

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That might be the last win of the season.....I give them no chance vs. Baltimore, a very slight chance vs. Pittsburgh and almost no chance in Buffalo.

Watching the Jets go 2-2 in games vs. Miami, Washington, Cincinnati and Miami tells you all you need to know about this team.

Agreed.  I'm not a miserable prick fan like a lot on this site, but I find no value whatsoever in the Jets winning? All we did was decrease the equity in our draft choices. I'd rather lose out and hand Douglas a full house so he can better build this team. 

There's a general malaise because:

• We're not winning again this year
  • The Dolphins are sh-t and we should have won by 30
  • We'll likely wind up with the 6th or 7th pick which is means we'll be out on Chase Young and Andrew Thomas
  • We'll be picking too high to be able to sell the pick for a huge return on a QB
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Could it be because we played poorly?

Could it be because Darnold played poorly?

Could it be because we were playing against the one-of-worst-in-NFL-teams Phins and barely squeaked by?

Could it be because we started 1-7, and today's win, while nice, is meaningless garbage time?

Could it be because we have about 4 starters still playing?

I'm glad we won, I enjoyed it, and was happy for it (as stated in the game thread).

Now, it's time for thought and analysis, and once past the win part, it's not good mate.  Not good at all.

Does your pedantic, pretentious posting style ever get tiring? I imagine it does.

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Does your pedantic, pretentious posting style ever get tiring? I imagine it does.

Facts are pretentious now, eh? 

lol, if you say so 'new guy who probably isn't a new guy'.

So which formerly banned poster are you? 

Nice to be called "prominent" tho.  

This board acts like we have a good roster. 
Any win this team gets, especially with the incredible litany of injuries, is a struggle. 
We probably had like 8-10 guys start for us today who are barely even NFL backups. 
Compare our offensive line and secondary to every other unit in the league. Are we not bottom 3 in both groups?

Exactly! The fact the Jets can win against ANYONE with that roster is a minor miracle. How many starters are out? Both corners, one safety, three LBs, FOUR o-linemen, Herndon, Quincy, Bell (BELL!), then even Griffin goes down! Are you kidding me?
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Facts are pretentious now, eh? 

lol, if you say so 'new guy who probably isn't a new guy'.

So which formerly banned poster are you? 

Nice to be called "prominent" 

Really am not a banned poster. Run an IP thing on me if you'd like. I've just lurked - for quite a while - on here and more so JI in the past.

• Upvote 1

"The refs bailed us out" is the most ridiculous narrative I've ever heard.  Some people just can't give Sam credit or they hate Gase or they're just trolls.

The PI call at the end was the obviously correct call.

I'd hate to have such a miserable pathetic life that after my team wins a football game in the last second - aided in part to a correctly called PI, that my reaction is "the refs bailed us out"  that's a straight up miserable and pathetic life to have to lead 

• Upvote 1

I only feel slightly bummed about the win b/c of draft position.  But, the good news is, OT is very deep and top heavy in the draft, so the Jets should still be able to get a very good LT guy in round one.  And WR is very deep as well, so a real good guy can be gotten in rounds 2-3. 

I predicted 6-10 for the Jets before the season, but some around here still act like the Jets were supposed to be good, inc. winning by 30 vs. the Dolphins. Huh? The Jets are not a good team, folks. They were destined to be mediocre to bad b/c of the garbage OL. I'm actually kind of surprised that, with all the injuries, they are 5-8.