I have not been more pumped...

2 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

I have to say... I hate the Dolphins more than the Patriots!  I'll NEVER get over the Mud Bowl. 

I agree. We would of won the Super Bowl if we won that mud bowl. We had a great team back then - just that season the Dolphins had our number. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetfan61 said:

I have to say... I hate the Dolphins more than the Patriots!  I'll NEVER get over the Mud Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I agree. We would of won the Super Bowl if we won that mud bowl. We had a great team back then - just that season the Dolphins had our number. 

I watched the mud bowl from my dorm room with a FINS fan and it was tough, no doubt. BUT the lack of fins fans today and the smug, arrogance of all of New England makes me simply despise the Pats.  THEY, to me, are enemy number one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I watched the mud bowl from my dorm room with a FINS fan and it was tough, no doubt. BUT the lack of fins fans today and the smug, arrogance of all of New England makes me simply despise the Pats.  THEY, to me, are enemy number one. 

I’ve actually become numb to the Patriots winning. I’ll always hate the dolphins and they’re dumb fans. I could not stand them today and I let them have after all the sh*t they talked throughout the game. There was no way I was going to let them get away with it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

Richard Todd was a bad qb

I liked Richard Todd better than pretty much ANY QB that came after him, beating Oakland out there to get to the Championship game was one of the best feelings ever....then Shula made sure the field was slop because the Jets hands down had a speed advantage up and down both rosters.  Probably been a way different story if torrential downpours hadn’t hit Miami before the game (the Jets cursed luck since SB III) and the NFL had made Shula protect the field or forfeit, but he had serious juice with the league, head of the “Competition Committee” too I think.

Poetic Justice that Washington waxed his team in the SB and that he NEVER won a SB with probably the greatest QB of all time....Dan Marino.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We'll see. It would be nice to pay Buffalo back. We beat them up there last year and should have beat them week 1. It will be a tough game, but it's winnable. 

Sure. I think it's highly dependent on which o line shows up for the jets but that seems to be the best remaining chance at a victory. 

Here's to hoping.

Yeah ...pumped for the crappy wildly inconsistent team we root for to play another garbage team probably more crappy than we are ...thats some real excitement . We win the game because our crappy QB still can't drive us for a winning TD without help of a PI call at the end. Look at all the elite young QB's coming up in the league and then look at Sam Darnold and it seems obvious we still don't have anything remotely close to an Elite QB. Sam Darnold is a middle of the road guy at best and we are still the Same Old Jets.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Most enjoyable win of the season was the Raider game. 

This one was tortuous and felt like a SOJ loss until the very end. 

you gotta give the doltfins and fitzy some credit.  the jets did a really good job stuffing the run and pass defense.  what they didn't do so well was contain fitzy.  as for the offense, they made a huge drive when it counted even if it was on a penalty.  hard to say where the run game came from.

• Upvote 1

Sammy boy needed a score on 2 drives in the 4th quarter to give his team the lead.  1 drive was the last chance drive, with 1:20 remaining and zero time outs and Sammy boy delivered by getting his team in FG range, which is all they needed for the win.

Only Jets fans are not excited about beating their hated rival who has won, what 5 straight vs. the Jets, with their young QB answering the call twice in the 4th quarter and now winning 4 of his last 5 starts.  Should he have thrown a TD?  Sure.  But Tom Brady won, what?  4 Super Bowls on drives that ended in a FG.  

15 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I liked Richard Todd better than pretty much ANY QB that came after him, beating Oakland out there to get to the Championship game was one of the best feelings ever....then Shula made sure the field was slop because the Jets hands down had a speed advantage up and down both rosters.  Probably been a way different story if torrential downpours hadn’t hit Miami before the game (the Jets cursed luck since SB III) and the NFL had made Shula protect the field or forfeit, but he had serious juice with the league, head of the “Competition Committee” too I think.

Poetic Justice that Washington waxed his team in the SB and that he NEVER won a SB with probably the greatest QB of all time....Dan Marino.

I'm with you, Todd was good if not very good.