Gase in Post Game

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

If they had lost he would have probably thrown him under the bus. 

He’s never done that to his QB. He’s a bit more blunt about his receivers but he always protects his QB. Also how is anyone seeing this quote and taking it as a bad thing?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Darnold made some good plays and he made some bad plays and a few bad throws and missed a few open receivers. He made just enough plays to get us a win. Darnold is far from a finished product but the potential is there. 

Darnold was BAD in the second half. Gase looked like he was protecting him a bit.

Gase taking heat for Darnold today is a good, not a bad thing.

We won, Darnold was mediocre at best. At this point in a lost season, that’s not a great outcome.

Unless you don’t care about the draft or you buy into that building a culture crap with a roster that’s going to be torn apart this offseason.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

i am glad he is protecting sam in his press conference, i would prefer he would protect him with a better game plan and play calls in the game..

Maybe Sam could protect him a bit also, by running his play calls better?

Just a thought.

• WTF? 2

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

And he has done that when?

“I would say that some of it is on the o-line,” Gase told the media. “But I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem.”

He would go on praise second-year QB Sam Darnold and state that the wide receivers handled things poorly.

“I was happy with how Sam did a lot of the stuff,” said Gase. “I was disappointed with how our wideouts handled a few things.”

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We won, Darnold was mediocre at best. At this point in a lost season, that’s not a great outcome.

Unless you don’t care about the draft or you buy into that building a culture crap with a roster that’s going to be torn apart this offseason.

Darnold  20-26, 270, 2-1

Josh Allen 17-39, 146, 1-0

Baker Mayfield 11-24, 192, 0-2

Lamar Jackson 16-25, 145, 3-1

A hell of a lot of mediocre play out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Darnold had a not good game and still put up a decent stat line. If he can continue to put this up as his bad game it means Gase is protecting him and then maybe we have a chance to be a good team.

These are a lot of hypotheticals but they give us a reason to hope that next year is going to be better.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

“I would say that some of it is on the o-line,” Gase told the media. “But I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem.”

He would go on praise second-year QB Sam Darnold and state that the wide receivers handled things poorly.

“I was happy with how Sam did a lot of the stuff,” said Gase. “I was disappointed with how our wideouts handled a few things.”

You would say that is "burying" Sam?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Darnold  20-26, 270, 2-1

Josh Allen 17-39, 146, 1-0

Baker Mayfield 11-24, 192, 0-2

Lamar Jackson 16-25, 145, 3-1

A hell of a lot of mediocre play out there.

In regards to the 18’ QB class, Darnold and Allen have been the only ones showing up after Lamar this year.

Darnold more so, individually, and Allen more so in the W column.

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The LOL is on you. There's no evidence that Gase has a habit of throwing Darnold under a bus. Has Gase been less than stellar as a HC, of course, but not for the above reason. Pretty basic.

You are missing something in the thread. I wasn't accusing Gase of ever throwing any body under the bus. So the LOL is on you. lol

18 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Just said that "He called some bad plays and put Sam in a bad position, had to get back in the game because he was out of whack"

Holy sh*t, thats bad.

I called great plays, Darnold didn't execute them well. "Holy sh!t, that's bad."

I called bad plays, I will have to work on that. "Holy sh!t, that's bad."

You realize all play callers have bad drives, quarters, halves, games? He was honest. Meanwhile, we still won despite not having Adams/Mosley and playing with 3rd string CBs. 

Holy sh!t some of you are melodramatic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1