Sign in to follow this  
kevinc855

Is Ficken the answer?

Seems real accurate under 40. A little unreliable for whatever reason on the PATs. Not the biggest leg but it does the job. He never lasted anywhere else before so he’s ours if we want him next year. Considering how much JD screwed up the the kicker position this year I doubt he wants a repeat of that. 

So do we think Ficken is here in 2020?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

In JD we trust, right. 

We won today cant anyone just be happy!

Im very happy! I love that he hit the fg! I was just talking whether he’s the answer or not 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Im very happy! I love that he hit the fg! I was just talking whether he’s the answer or not 

Who knows?  Are any of the players the answer? 

Sam "The Nose" Ficken man! Think Gase sniffs packs of smelling salts? This dude sniffs boxes. Clutch. 

Pic doesnt do it justice. Mfer has the biggest nose I've ever seen. 

1575839761456.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Seems real accurate under 40. A little unreliable for whatever reason on the PATs. Not the biggest leg but it does the job. He never lasted anywhere else before so he’s ours if we want him next year. Considering how much JD screwed up the the kicker position this year I doubt he wants a repeat of that. 

Fick no!

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ficken will likely be one of several kickers brought into camp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

He’s 14/19. That’s bad 

thanks for the game winner tho 

• Like 1

He has been mostly reliable. He’s missed shorter kicks and then converted 50 yarders. That missed extra point today wasn’t his fault it was a bad snap. He should be invited back for 2020. Maybe a PK competition but you’d think unless he goes into a late season slump he’s the favorite to be our kicker next season. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Bring in someone to compete with him in training camp, but Ficken deserves to compete for the job next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Kickers have been inconsistent all over the NFL this season, Ficken is in the middle of the pack. 

Is that the measure for the players we want as jets? 

He is a below average kicker ... unfortunately he was a huge upgrade to the $h*tshow we had before him.

I agree with bring him in to TC and allow him to compete for the job, may the best K win

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Ficken basically guaranteed Gase’s job next year with today’s game winning kick he is here to stay

3 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Draft a K in the first.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Terry Bradway likes your style

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Kickers have been inconsistent all over the NFL this season, Ficken is in the middle of the pack. 

With the jets we have actually done better with below the radar kickers other teams thought sucked like Feely, Myers and now Ficken 

We get in trouble when we try to get cute and waste a second round pick on a kicker or travel to Norway