Jay Feely on Darnold

RonaldJet

3 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

I also don’t think it was fair that Feely insinuated that Gase had to “dumb down” the offense for Darnold. Nobody reported it like that, but Feely felt it fit the narrative I guess. 

Again... you all know I’m not a Darnold guy, but Feely was overly critical. Did the Jets cut him or something? 

Just wondering, how can you be a Jet fan and not a fan of the guy that will be QB for the next 10-15 years? He’s also the most talented since Namath and only 22. He could be our guy for 20 years. 

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Play in and play out, he was mediocre. Someone else wrote that he was "uneven." I think that is a great way to put it. He had some very good throws and some very bad misses. 

At the end of the day, he came down the field when he had to. 

Also, he put the ball in the endzone twice. The other QB who Feely was ballwashing didn't. That was the difference in the game.

you mean it wasnt the missed fg after sams int?

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you mean it wasnt the missed fg after sams int?

Their kicker made 7 field goals.

very few kickers are going 8 for 8 in an NFL game (in his case, the holder botched the snap) 

gotta put the ball in the endzone when you get in the red zone. The dolphins didn’t. That’s why they lost. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Their kicker made 7 field goals.

very few kickers are going 8 for 8 in an NFL game (in his case, the holder botched the snap) 

gotta put the ball in the endzone when you get in the red zone. The dolphins didn’t. That’s why they lost. 

i honestly forgot to put in an ironic smiley at the end...

for reals...

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Thumbs Up GIF by HULU

All I have to say to some of you folks out here is:

If the Jets hitch their wagon to Gase and end up getting rid of Bell and Darnold in favor of Gase because those two players “aren’t good enough or smart enough” to play in Gase’s “system”, then the Jets as an organization are even dumber than could ever be imagined. 

That is all....

13 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sam missed some throws today. But he still made some big plays when it counted as well. It was a mediocre performance. Not bad, but not all that good either. 

But Feely was ridiculous in his criticism. He said Darnold played bad last week against Cincy and he didn't. Darnold played fine last week. He was overly critical of him today but Darnold definitely wasn't on top of his game. He missed some big plays.

This season, I've become a Darnold defender. Young kid, bad, bad situation, horrifying OL. Take your pick. What DOES worry me, is the fact that he is constantly missing the deep ball since the Dallas game. Some deep balls, he's missed by a lot. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I was at the game and from what I saw there were perhaps 5-6 missed opportunities where he was either a little off target, missed an open man completely, or made a poor decision.  

the INT was on him, watching it live he never stepped up into that throw and just tried to place that ball.  Granted its a tight window they were trying to hit against cover 2, but when you decide to throw that ball against that coverage, it has to be put in there. 

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Play in and play out, he was mediocre. Someone else wrote that he was "uneven." I think that is a great way to put it. He had some very good throws and some very bad misses. 

At the end of the day, he came down the field when he had to. 

Also, he put the ball in the endzone twice. The other QB who Feely was ballwashing didn't. That was the difference in the game.

Uneven is a good word to describe Darnold this year and not necessarily a bad sign for a year 2 QB. It just makes a fan uneasy bc there’s still that big fork in the road where you can’t decide which way his career is going to go. It can be either way really. Hence the sole priority for Douglas this year has to be all offense especially OL. Even if it’s at the expense of the d next year. You hope Williams, who is brilliant imo, umm look at what he’s been working with,  stays And formulate a strong enough unit of jags and go all in on supporting Darnold year 3. And then that will tell everyone enough about which way he’s heading imo 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

This season, I've become a Darnold defender. Young kid, bad, bad situation, horrifying OL. Take your pick. What DOES worry me, is the fact that he is constantly missing the deep ball since the Dallas game. Some deep balls, he's missed by a lot. Thoughts?

He definitely has. But that can always improve. I still feel that overall this season he has taken another step forward and improved as a QB which is what's most important to me.

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Newsflash.  Everyone on the planet knows “you are” is you’re.  

Why is it when texting or informal things like a message board you do not have to capitalize anything, you do not need to use periods or commas correctly, but you throw a “your” out there and the grammer police go bananas?

you will never get dinged for an “isnt” but you throw a “your” out there and watch out.  Those super smart people are foaming at the mouth.

^

triggered GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

darnold seems to have trouble leading robbie anderson properly.  too often he underthrows him.  yesterday he also overthrew him in the end zone.  i think a lot of the throws where he's off are to robbie when he's sprinting.  i don't see darnold missing the same way with other wrs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Darnold missed a lot of open WRs yesterday.  Not a terrible game but not a great one either.

Fitz was bad too, but the good thing he did was take scramble yards when they were there.  That kept the chains moving.  He was not a great passer yesterday.

He missed Robby in the endzone and on the sideline (made up for it on the very next play...)

”a lot”

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree, better than most, they really analyze the game and don't talk just to hear themselves. 

Collinhsworth doesn’t talk to hear himself talk?  He never STFU.  Now that he owns a piece of PFF he spews mindless numbers all night

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Darnold missed a lot of open WRs yesterday.  Not a terrible game but not a great one either.

Fitz was bad too, but the good thing he did was take scramble yards when they were there.  That kept the chains moving.  He was not a great passer yesterday.

Darnold’s last five games.

11 TDs and 2 TOs.

101 QB rating.

269 YPG.

7.7 YPA 

But, wait, misses a lot of passes.  

• Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, nico002 said:

Feeley is a Dolphins homer.

So Feely's pov on Darnold is discredited bevcause he's a dolphin homer.

Advanced stats pov on Darnold is discredited stats because they like Dak this year,,

but Jets fans "eye test" is what's truly unbiased here?

Seems legit

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

He missed Robby in the endzone and on the sideline (made up for it on the very next play...)

”a lot”

He didn’t miss Robby. The alignment of the moon and mercury caused a gravity differential mismatch which led to the over throw. Anyone thinking otherwise is a troll.