TuscanyTile2

Jets/Ravens Lead Up To Game Thread

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I because of a herniated disc with sciatic nerve impingement and surgery in May of 2019, I cannot walk long distances or stand for long lengths of time currently. Im rehabbing all on schedule according to my Neurosurgeon so this season wasn't happening for me to attend a game at MetLife. I refused the temporary handicap hang tag and would never accept a cart ride at the stadium and theres the steps.  

joewilly12 

Sciatic nerve is very hard to get over with .

I had it , I could not stand more then 5 minutes as the pain would go all the way down on my left leg.

Nothing worked , I finally went for something that I always consider as a joke :acupuncture

It fixed my issue like I never had it .

Its unbelievable 

• Upvote 2

Ravens are just a way better football team, organization and historically own us

i can’t even remember the last time we beat the ravens I think it was 1997 with Bill Parcells and Vinny was their qb

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I just saw a list of wild card hopefuls which included teams with 6-7 records. Look none of them will make it but they’re not mathematically eliminated either. If we’d have won last week we’d be 6-7. And if we’d won opening day like we could have we’d be 7-6. I’m  not optimistic about our last 3 games but anyways. It might have a different story if Mosely not injured. We saw what he could do against Buff. 

The Dallas Cowboys will make the playoffs at 8-8

Ugh

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They’ve beat sh*tty teams, got crushed by the worst team in the NFL and looked lost today and were lucky to win against the another sh*tty team. There’s nothing to be happy about. I’d rather them lose and look like they know how to play the win and be awful. 

So last week they lost to the worst team in the NFL. This week they beat a really bad team.

Sounds like they are improving lol.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's the current team and they actually don't suck.  That's what's so amazing about what we're seeing.  This may be the best coaching job we've seen since Parcells in '97.

SAR I

I agree. Gase has got this team playing hard. GW also.

Gase is doing a great job with Darnold under these circumstances. He’s keeping it simple for him and that’s limiting his turnovers, his stats are better with the short passing game, and Darnold loves playing for him.

if he can get this roster and QB to 7 wins, he has to be in the conversation for COY. Won’t win it, but in the running.

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They’ve beat sh*tty teams, got crushed by the worst team in the NFL and looked lost today and were lucky to win against the another sh*tty team. There’s nothing to be happy about. I’d rather them lose and look like they know how to play the win and be awful. 

Have you looked at the roster recently? They ARE a sh*tty team!

We're upset because a team that is completely devoid of talent across the OL, and defensive back 7 doesn't look like a super bowl contender. no ****!

How delusional is this fanbase???

The Jets are a bottom 5 team talent wise. Quite honestly the only reason we aren't winless is because of #14 and #33. Yet they catch the most heat on this forum. It's ******* mind boggling.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We won this week and half this board is throwing a hissy fit because we didn't get enough style points today. I can't imagine this forum after we lose to the Ravens on national TV.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So last week they lost to the worst team in the NFL. This week they beat a really bad team.

Sounds like they are improving lol.

At least we’re trending upward lol... a win is a win.

Gase is beginning to impress me. We couldn’t have expected much more then we’ve gotten, and 5 wins with this roster is pretty darn good after being 1-7. The team never quit on him or GW.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Am I crazy for thinking the Jets have a better shot on a Thursday night game than a regular Sunday game?

Maybe they overlook the Jets a bit?

The Jets did beat them in 2016. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

5-4 since mononucleosis. 

Winners of 4 of their last 5 games. 

Waiver wire kicker comes through. 

Top rushing D in the NFL. 

Most injuries in the NFL. 

No Bell. No Adams. No Mosley. 

Gutsy comeback (twice) win today. 

“Team sucks from top to bottom I’m a SOJF and can’t be happy when the team wins.”

SAR I

Exactly....PERSPECTIVE please.

Out of the 9 games started since he went down with mono, how many would Sanchez have won?  How many would Pennington have won?

With the exact same personnel Darnold has unfortunately had to play with since Day 1.

Both needed some semblance of a running game in order to put together infrequent 13 play TD drives.

The real evaluation of Darnold begins after Douglas guts this non-NFL Roster.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Exactly....PERSPECTIVE please.

Out of the 9 games started since he went down with mono, how many would Sanchez have won?  How many would Pennington have won?

With the exact same personnel Darnold has unfortunately had to play with since Day 1.

Both needed some semblance of a running game in order to put together infrequent 13 play TD drives.

The real evaluation of Darnold begins after Douglas guts this non-NFL Roster.

This.

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

5-4 since mononucleosis. 

Winners of 4 of their last 5 games. 

Waiver wire kicker comes through. 

Top rushing D in the NFL. 

Most injuries in the NFL. 

No Bell. No Adams. No Mosley. 

Gutsy comeback (twice) win today. 

“Team sucks from top to bottom I’m a SOJF and can’t be happy when the team wins.”

SAR I

Did Gase even want Bell here in the first place?  

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did Gase even want Bell here in the first place?  

Doesn't matter.  It's another very talented player the Jets have lost this season.  Hopefully just one game and he's back on Thursday.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, fullblast said:

If Ryan Fitzpatrick can run for 65 yards on our D, a crippled RGIII as a backup would still destroy us. 

• Upvote 1

I would rather the Jets beat the Ravens with Lamar out there. But I think they might end up resting him.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I would rather the Jets beat the Ravens with Lamar out there. But I think they might end up resting him.

We are not beating them if lamar is out there.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not beating them if lamar is out there.

We gotz the #1 rushing defense in the WORLD.

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2019 at 10:17 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold will face 3 real defenses these next 3 weeks.  Anytime darnold has faced a real defense, hes been atrocious.  

If This script continues, Sam Darnold is going to have his 3 worse games as a pro to end the year.  Combined with his terrible play this week and last week, thats 5 awful games to end the year.

Oh what an offseason it will be.

I could actually see another “fake” darnold injury where he doesnt play these 3 straight games.

Is one of those defenses Buffalo?  We played them week one and He was a couple shitty kicks and a defensive collapse away from beating them. But don’t let the facts get in the way, keep marching up that hill. We all gotta die somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We gotz the #1 rushing defense in the WORLD.

We have seen nothing like lamar and all that comes with him.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have seen nothing like lamar and all that comes with him.

Dude I am just having fun, the Jets are 14 point underdogs I am fully aware of the situation lol.

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is one of those defenses Buffalo?  We played them week one and He was a couple shitty kicks and a defensive collapse away from beating them. But don’t let the facts get in the way, keep marching up that hill. We all gotta die somewhere. 

Rubs Joe W Namath's t-shirt on Crusher's nose.

Go get him boy, get him. 

fetch GIF

• Haha 1

I hate Thursday night games

they come too soon after the previous match, you have to wait ALL DAY for the kickoff and come the following Sunday, the wife may make me DO things because I'll have no Jets-are-on excuse.

I was at the Sanchez Sunday night game in 2011 and the Geno disaster in 2013. 

Baltimore has not been kind to the Jets.

On 12/9/2019 at 5:45 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We won this week and half this board is throwing a hissy fit because we didn't get enough style points today. I can't imagine this forum after we lose to the Ravens on national TV.

What are these style points of which you speak and where can one acquire some?

On 12/8/2019 at 11:45 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Honestly if we come through it relatively competitive and Sam doesn’t become a popular meme again I’m doing a Fatman happy dance. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/8/2019 at 9:43 PM, 14 in Green said:

I agree. Gase has got this team playing hard. GW also.

Gase is doing a great job with Darnold under these circumstances. He’s keeping it simple for him and that’s limiting his turnovers, his stats are better with the short passing game, and Darnold loves playing for him.

if he can get this roster and QB to 7 wins, he has to be in the conversation for COY. Won’t win it, but in the running.

And just to clarify, the team would get to 7 - 9, but 3 of those losses would be without Darnold.  Sam would end the year 7-6.

But also, I have to say objectively, I don't think we win another game this year unfortunately.  Lost to Cincy, squeaked out a win vs. Miami.....now facing 3 playoff teams to end the year.  Quite honestly, I'd sign up for 6-10...and not sure whether that 6th win would come at home vs. Pitt or at Buffalo.

• Like 1