Jets/Ravens Lead Up To Game Thread

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You really think they will play that well? I'm not anywhere near as optimistic.

Hes not a “fan” of QW and Adams.

He’s saying that once people know they aren’t going to play, everyone will bet the Jets,  because that will give us a better chance to win.

The line goes down...

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

Jets now 16point dogs 

Just goes to show Vegas thinks the Jets are right there with the Bengals and Dolphins as a truly awful team.

Are you surprised? They lost to Cincy and nearly lost to Miami twice. They are also a terrible road team. This has blowout written all over it. 

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

its sad. i am sad about it....    our FQB isnt moving the needle. 

and LJ is t fave for MWP

sad

So now billion dollar businesses manipulating lines and catering to degenerate gamblers are reason for SOJF’s to be sad?

It never ends.  Can you perhaps try private humiliation instead? Like hire some woman in leather with a whip to come to your house and tell you how weak you are if that gets you off? Do you really have to bring it in here every day of the week?

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I definitely agree that Jamal Adams is the Adam Gase of top ten draft picks, for sure. 

lol wat.

This is the third thread over the past few weeks in which I’ve quoted you and posted those gase’s career win/blowout loss numbers only to have you sidestep them. Do me a favor would ya: just acknowledge the numbers. I’ll even repost them below for you. Like just a simple “I understand what those numbers represent.” That way it’ll signal to me that your entire Gase defense has actually just been one massive troll job, because no matter how much credit you want to give him for getting rid of Macc, no one would deliberately defend those numbers.

10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Gase’s overall HC record: 28-33. 25 of those 33 losses are by double digits

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My Gase “defense” is that he’s the head coach of the New York Jets, he’s been here less than one year, and the team fields one of the most talent poor rosters in the league. You’re not firing him. He’s 5-8 in what most predicted to be—at best—a 7-9 season. If you want to sacrifice him because the franchise has been run poorly for the last, oh, eleven years, be my guest. At least be honest about your motivations, and good luck finding the next coach that you think will take this job and win eleven games with the current roster. Plenty of those guys around, I’m sure.

I’m beginning to think you don’t understand the significant and non-random nature of blowout losses, and that you don’t understand that Gase has years of historical data as a coach prior to inheriting Mac’s mess.

My motivations have been clear from the start. I thought Gase was garbage before he was even floated as a candidate. I posted in the candidate thread back in December that I don’t know who I want, but the one guy I’m glad isn’t even in consideration for the Jets is Gase. Of course, he became a candidate and was introduced as HC just a few short weeks later. I’ll admit that after the Mac attack and during the pre-season, I was starting to come around to the thought that he just needed a change of scenery, but then the real games started and everything from his time in Miami came screaming back.

Not only did I hate his win-blowout loss record with Miami, I also hated how he ran talent off the team and simply didn’t play the best guys. I hated how his teams were always injured and noted that as an issue way before the injuries started piling up here. I hated that he sucked in Chicago but still ran to Cutler the moment Tannehill got hurt instead of trying to work with the backup, and then proceeded to suck with him too. That solidified to me that his success was a function of Peyton’s greatness, not his ability to work with QBs. At the time, there was no way to definitively prove it, but after the Falk debacles and what Tannehill is doing down in Tenn, it’s looking more and more clear.

My frustrations with him on the Jets are not the losses because I knew they’d come. It’s the nature of the losses and the overriding trends that represent a continuation of his inabilities from Miami. 

Lastly, if Sam was so important to the team that his absence allowed you to absolve Gase of any blame during the backup games (even while the rest of the league has shown an ability to at least be competent with a backup QB), then how very rat-bastid of you to then turn around and hand the 5 wins that the Jets have to Gase.

Your killing of Jamal Adams for Macs mistake coupled with your defense of the guy who ousted Mac despite overwhelming evidence that he sucked as a HC even before you could pin his struggles on Mac’s roster reveals your true motivations.

22 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The textbook definition of the acceptance of utter and total mediocrity while trying to be condescending to others.

There comes a point where "next man up" goes from a macho rallying cry to insanity.  Methinks after our 12th or 13th starter (I've lost count) went out for the season we've crossed that barrier.

The three things you can actually take away from this season are:

1.  Adam Gase is a hell of a coach, changing the culture, keeping this locker room together, and actually winning 4 of his last 5 games.

2.  Sam Darnold is a hell of a quarterback amassing a 5-4 record since missing a month with a muscle-depriving illness with the worst set of receivers in the entire league and the 31st rushing offense.

3.  Our roster has a surprising amount of depth considering how many 3rd and 4th stringers are getting real playing time.

Turns out, this was an 11-5 team, as predicted.  Blame God for the injuries and robbing us of a playoff berth, getting that division title on tiebreakers with the Patriots.  Feels great for next season. really does.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Your killing of Jamal Adams for Macs mistake coupled with your defense of the guy who ousted Mac despite overwhelming evidence that he sucked as a HC even before you could pin his struggles on Mac’s roster reveals your true motivations.

This is word ensalada

My Gase “defense” is that he’s the head coach of the New York Jets, he’s been here less than one year, and the team fields one of the most talent poor rosters in the league. You’re not firing him. He’s 5-8 in what most predicted to be—at best—a 7-9 season. If you want to sacrifice him because the franchise has been run poorly for the last, oh, eleven years, be my guest. At least be honest about your motivations, and good luck finding the next coach that you think will take this job and win eleven games with the current roster. Plenty of those guys around, I’m sure.

erryone knows matt rhule is incarnated by the ghost of vince lombardi, is the next big thing

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

100% biased hatred. Beerfish you're a tool. Why anyone would ever believe a single thing that you post?

Jamals ankle suddenly got more sore when he read The Ravens injury report of lamar being healthy enough to play.  He'll come back as good as new next week.  We will hear one of his social media posts lamenting that he could not play vs the ravens and he could have helped them stop lamar.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jamals ankle suddenly got more sore when he read The Ravens injury report of lamar being healthy enough to play.  He'll come back as good as new next week.  We will hear one of his social media posts lamenting that he could not play vs the ravens and he could have helped them stop lamar.

I hope he doesn't ever play another down for us.  Franchise safeties don't exist.  Our franchise QB won't either if we don't trade prez dispenser for OL picks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

He ran one good player off the team in Jarvis Landry, who is a psycho. Who else did he run off that was any good? 

This is word ensalada

In the naked light I saw ten thousand people, maybe more. People talking without speaking, people hearing without listening, people defending Gase that logic never shared. And no one dared disturb the sound of silence. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I see Ravens -15.5 (-110).

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think the crux of most Adams criticism is that his presence does not, in fact, decrease the odds of the Jets losing by a lot of points on a week to week basis

and now it's at 16.5 

The way vegas works, QBs being out move the line like 3 points. Jeff Driskel starting for the lions on thanks giving DET +3.5 . Who is David Blough? DET +6.5 

3 points is also home field advantage (although some say Vegas are actually assigning 2 points these days) 

it's almost always QBs who move the line 3 points (maybe more if it's a bigger downgrade like Brissett to Brian Hoyer)

I remember once Adrian Peterson being out moved the line 3 points, during his Vikings heyday 

Jamal Adams being out moved it 2.5 (and counting)

Now we could just say this is because the Jets or bad etc but that all should be priced into the 14 and the 14.5

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

and now it's at 16.5 

The way vegas works, QBs being out move the line like 3 points. Jeff Driskel starting for the lions on thanks giving DET +3.5 . Who is David Blough? DET +6.5 

3 points is also home field advantage (although some say Vegas are actually assigning 2 points these days) 

it's almost always QBs who move the line 3 points (maybe more if it's a bigger downgrade like Brissett to Brian Hoyer)

I remember once Adrian Peterson being out moved the line 3 points, during his Vikings heyday 

Jamal Adams being out moved it 2.5 (and counting)

Now we could just say this is because the Jets or bad etc but that all should be priced into the 14 and the 14.5

Or, maybe, Lamar Jackson not sitting out moved the line (??????). 

I was going to start a thread, but I'll just post it here instead. This is a game that the Same Old Jets win. Why? They are no longer in playoff contention and have no business winning this game. If they had beaten the Bengals and this was a must win game, it would be a forgone conclusion that the Jets lay an egg and lose bigly. I'm not saying that the Jets are going to win, but I would not be shocked if they did.