13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets should have scored 42 points today but we only scored 22 cause darnold was awful.

But please open more threads about this if it makes you feel better.

Don't tell people what they can and can't do here. Not even if you are joking.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

people are very stupid.  i mean, really stupid.

Let's calm down with this stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  I dont think darnold would do that.  I do think the organization would if he had another ghost game thursday night on national tv and we corned about him mentally.

Okay so this isn't the place for crazy conspiracy theories. This team looked terrible without Darnold so your claim has no merit. Don't post made up stuff here.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tell me.  How do you see darnold playing the next 3 weeks.  Instead of whining about anyone whos not a fanboy of sam, how about you tell us what you expect from him the next 3 weeks.

Cause his MO is anytime he plays a defense that is the slightest bit aggressive, he stinks.

Not one of you has responded, hell no, hes going to step up these next 3 weeks and finally play a great game against a real defense.

None of you has said, against the ravens, he will outplay lamar jackson.

This is another garbage post. Lamar Jackson is on the Ravens. Sam Darnold is on the Jets. Want to switch coaches and rosters and see who wins?

Nonsense. I would recommend you step away from the keyboard we have enough liter for one night.

• Like 1

I hate that Sam Darnold is the only QB that ever held the ball too long on a play where nobody was open. Hate that he is 22 and can't improve. Damn, just stinks I tell ya.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok.  Lets see how it plays out.  I hope im wrong, darnold smokes these defense the next 3 weeks and there is no doubt we have the guy.

But what i think is coming is another heavy blitzing team that will have darnold scared out of his wits thursday night on national tv.  Followed by something very similiar when the steelers come to town.  Then there will be an injury designation after that game and he sits the bills game.

Thanks for sharing.

The Jets are struggling against teams with strong defensive lines. Also, the Jets need at least 4 new offensive lineman next year. The 5th one that might start next year is either Beachum or Harrison and isn't a real treat either way.

But yeah Darnold though.

He is 22, he needs to improve but this stuff is just comical. Kid was so so today but his team can't run the ball. 3.5 yard average on the ground today. Normally when you play terrible run defense teams with a 22 year old QB, you hide the 22 year old QB. Jets have no where to hide because of this oline.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who ever said darnold cant improve?  We all think snd want sam to improve.  But these last 2 weeks were highly concerning and it aint getting no better these next 3 weeks.  This is code red my friend.

You accused him of faking an injury because he was scared. So from posts like that, and your other garbage posts, it seems safe to assume that you don't think he can get better.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Sorry, the sack was on 2nd down, not 3rd. Still bad!

Yeah the sack wasn't good. I haven't watched the replay since I was at the game, but from watching it live I didn't see anyone open and he definitely had time. Bad sack, but there were a few plays early in the game where he showed great pocket presence and extended plays. Nice that on a day when the 22 year old QB battled a bit he was able to lead the team to a come from behind victory to end the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill say this one last time.  Sam has never and would never fake an injury.

The jets organization would hold him out of a game if they thought he was suffering mentally.  And to do that they would come up with an embellished injury designation.

Okay so you are accusing two different regimes of doing the same thing then. No need to revisit last year those guys are gone. Gase looked like crap without Sam. 

So I'll say this one last time, stop posting made up stuff here.

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The 30th (2018) and 27th (2019 so far) rated QB in the NFL.

You clearly get very angry when people are critical of Darnold in any way.

I'd just like to see top 10 performance and production to go with this top 10 hype.

Next year, maybe?  Or will that "just be YEAR #3, jeez, what are we talking about" too?

You want Sam to be top 10 at his position in year two because he was a top 10 pick overall? That is rough.

He has certainly lived up to being a top draft pick, the team won \ loss record with and without him this year backs that up.

I hope you aren't suggesting that he should be a top 10 QB already, not with this roster.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

weak weak weak

Spare me. It isn't weak for me to say that Jets fans shouldn't be called names on a Jets site simply for rooting for the team. It isn't weak for me to say people shouldn't hide behind multiple accounts. Two times I thought that was happening today, two times I looked and was proven right.

If I want help on how to moderate the board you will see a PM asking for help. Since you don't see that PM you can just keep your thoughts to yourself.

Just scanned your last page of posts and wow everything is about how bad Sam is in your mind. You are taking topics that have nothing to do with Sam and making them about him. Talk about pushing an agenda. I liked your posts better when you were getting banned for logo updates.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

weak was also meant to apply to the multiple user names, fwiw.

i dont like " sam is great" crammed down my gizzard. 

Thanks for your approval on the fake users, we will continue cleaning them up despite your weak weak weak comment.

Nobody is cramming anything down your gizzard. All you have to do is stop taking threads off topic with your Sam sucks talk and you won't have a problem.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This roster that, if I recall, you said was going to make the playoffs?

Ok, fine, so not in year two.

When then?  Year three, or is that too soon? 

Year five? His deal year?

Tell me when fans are allowed to have expectations for Darnold?

Please show me where I said the Jets were going to make the playoffs this year.

Just now, Butterfield said:

People are allowed to have differing opinions.  Just put them on ignore if you don’t want to see it.

Yeah exactly. I spend the night raining people in on a certain topic. Then I wake up to that lecture where the guy personally attacks a group of people himself. Can't make this stuff up.

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Kind of amazing that this doesn’t mention that he took a sack on third down with less than a minute remaining and no timeouts that pushed the LOS nearly back to midfield. 

The guy's article mentions that it's not a work of art and says the end result is all that matters.

Yeah for some reason the end result isn't good enough for some reason. Weird. 

The 22 year old QB led the team on a 4th quarter comeback. But let's keep talking about a sack that didn't cost the game. 

Talk about picking and choosing to fit a narrative.

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’ve got a hoard of Pat Fans TXs running wild and you can’t see it bro- I’m trying to help you. If you didn’t have me going from thread to thread trying to stop these jerks your site would be dead in 6 months.

Ok so I was going to respond to your other post. But this, wow.

So let's start with this don't call people out like you did in the other post.

People are absolutely allowed to believe whatever they feel about Sam Darnold. They can post it as well.

There are several posters that received private messages from me. We are working on people staying on topic and not derailing threads. There are people that have their minds made up on Sam Darnold.

There is one poster that is doing it that is a fake account, that is being dealt with. Other posters are being asked to stay on topic.

Sorry that you don't agree with the approach here. We've been doing this for 15 years and we're the biggest site for a reason. Heavy handed moderation shuts sites down.

Going to stick with the approach that got us here and we won't censor people because you don't agree with them.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He’ll be the next in a long line of posters to get banned (again) and genuinely believe it’s everyone else’s fault.  Amazing how many people here have the self awareness of a potato.

I'm Irish and carbs are my friend. So tread carefully here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Deshaun Watson just laid an egg the size of Kansas against a losing team starting a rookie QB in a must win game....

Max, you can add this guy to the ban list.

Oh the list is growing alright lol.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's gotta get better about "throwing guys open" so those bad sacks don't happen.  Otherwise that just becomes an excuse on the level of Sanchez.  

He has to get better in a lot of areas. Criticizing Sam is fair. Your other post on hoping that Sam imrpoves but having concerns is good and fair.

Others are taking threads have nothing to do with Sam and derailing them. That is something we are working on stopping here.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The only person who has a narrative here is Cannizzaro, who literally wrote a narrative in which he included the plays that fit and ignored the ones that didn’t.

He started the article by saying it wasn't pretty. He didn't list every good play. He isn't the only one with a narrative.

17 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

That's the deal. 

No that isn't the deal. There are plenty of people who have been critical of Donald that are making good points. Then there are also trolls that are posting the same drivel over and over and hijacking threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Darnold is average at best, and can’t overcome the dumpster fire game plans gase employs.  The sooner people realize that, the less disappointed they will be.  

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about other people's disappointments.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeez Max, its your funeral.  This board won't survive another 6 months without taking the nico approach.  Sad that JN has to end like this.  

Reminds me of JoneJet calling me out on Twitter. Saying "my business model was failing" and that JetNation was "going out of business".  He referenced jets insider as a successful model.

I was like oh really.

So then I re-tweeted his tweet and said JN is going out of business, office furniture for sale. He started getting a bunch of people on twitter blasting him so he seemed to back off after that lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Disagree. I think there is such a thing and it manifests everytime he plays poorly. The response is well the coach, oline, rb, wr te, etc etc etc all suck and Darnold is fine/great.

How is it being a "Jets fan" to trash 1/2 the team in support of just 1 player? That's what that poster from USC did for a year before leaving because she was a Darnold fan only.

Why is it not being "a Jets fan" to say the young QB with crap mechanics who is inconsistent and turns the ball over a lot is a big part of the problem too? And maybe this same team with a better more consistant QB would be playing better ? That to me is supporting the Jets as a team rather than Darnold as a player.

I understand theres a lot of overlap but far too often people who critical of Darnold get accused of not being Jets fans (which has happenned numerous times in this very thread) when in reality they are defending more jets players 

I was making a point, there is certainly such a thing as a Jets homer or a Darnold homer for sure. I guess what I really wanted to say is that not everyone who roots for the team is a blind homer. That seems to be the narrative for a few posters lately.

59 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Ok, well here’s me starting out by saying the young QB leading a 4th quarter comeback is great, especially against a division rival, especially especially the Dolphins, who are the most loathsome professional sports franchise in existence. My narrative is solely that he also made a terrible play in a crucial situation that would have lost the game 90% of the time, and the only reason we fell into the 10% this time is because the officials decided to reverse a PI non-call for once. That’s all.

This is fair, there are some posters that seem to be rooting against the Jets. That's all I am trying to vet out here, criticizing Darnold is certainly fine.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I did a quick search, and apparently I am really bad at using search these days, because the results says you've only used the word "playoff" 8 times, which seems....not right.  :-k

On Feb. 5th of this year, in response to our friend Tom Shane, you said:

So, not quite a Namath-esque guarantee of playoffs :), fair enough, but seems pretty clear you thought they'd be better than 5 wins.  I did too, hence the disappointment.  I too thought Darnold would make a big jump.  Has he?  I don't think so but some do, fair enough.

In any event, I'll withdraw that comment, no stress.  It's deleted now.

Yeah, that isn't me saying the Jets are a playoff team. The Jets will end 8 and 8 this year, so I missed my hope of 10 wins by two games. After all these injuries and mono that isn't too bad.  Calm down, I am kidding on the 8 and 8 lol.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

EDIT sorry @johnnysd I meant this reply to be for Max, not you. I quoted the wrong post.

@Maxman I didn’t think using the term “Darnold homers” was name calling. I used it there to refer to those who never see him doing anything wrong. I consider myself a Jets, Mets and Rangers “homer” so I didn’t think it was an insult. 

One question though. Is it ok when they call people who refer to a player’s performance differently then they do as “trolls”?

It’s your site, you make the rules. I think you’re a very fair guy about it also, so I’m more then willing to agree with them.

Okay so I have like 200 posts in the last 24 hours trying to get both sides of this to get along with each other. Name calling isn't anything we want here. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company