Jump to content

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Look if people are willing to give Baker a pass for sucking despite having great weapons fine but don’t act like Sam Darnold with a way worse supporting cast is Ryan Leaf

Do we have alot of posters "giving Baker a pass"? Doesn't seem like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do we have alot of posters "giving Baker a pass"? Doesn't seem like it.

It’s funny, the Darnold “homers” are always the ones who bring Mayfield’s  name up whenever he or Sam struggle.

I’ve never once seen anyone come in here when Sam had a bad day and say “Ha Ha well Baker did this...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

That Sam Darnold played "horrible" today is a complete and utter farce.

Did he play great? No.

Did he play good? No.

Did he play mediocre? Yes.

 

Discuss.  People are idiots.

"we traded the farm for a medoicre qb. i'm ok with that." 

nuthn to discuss.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s funny, the Darnold “homers” are always the ones who bring Mayfield’s  name up whenever he or Sam struggle.

I’ve never once seen anyone come in here when Sam had a bad day and say “Ha Ha well Baker did this...”

u forgot the majority of last season?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The 30th (2018) and 27th (2019 so far) rated QB in the NFL.

You clearly get very angry when people are critical of Darnold in any way.

I'd just like to see top 10 performance and production to go with this top 10 hype.

Next year, maybe?  Or will that "just be YEAR #3, jeez, what are we talking about" too?

 

 

You want Sam to be top 10 at his position in year two because he was a top 10 pick overall? That is rough.

He has certainly lived up to being a top draft pick, the team won \ loss record with and without him this year backs that up.

I hope you aren't suggesting that he should be a top 10 QB already, not with this roster.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wants to see what bad is watch Josh Allen today. He was dreadful. By the way Buffalo stopped the run and Baltimore outside of one splash play looked very very average. Jets can (but likely wont) win on Thursday

Also, it seems the narrative has become that Sam needs to essentially be perfect on every pass. Rodgers, Brady, even Mahomes made a LOT of bad throws today too, under/over thrown bad decisions, grounders, etc... Sam underthrows someone by afoot and he "sucks"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Enough with this name calling. This is a Jets site, if people want to blast Baker Mayfield they should. Too many people acting like they are getting paid by the NFL for the hot takes. 

There is no such thing as being a Darnold homer. It is called being a Jets fan and people used to be allowed to root for the team without being called names.

Also too many posters using multiple accounts to drop these hot takes on. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the admin tools available but I am 3 for 3 today looking up posters using aliases. Makes no sense to me.

 

weak weak weak

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

weak weak weak

Spare me. It isn't weak for me to say that Jets fans shouldn't be called names on a Jets site simply for rooting for the team. It isn't weak for me to say people shouldn't hide behind multiple accounts. Two times I thought that was happening today, two times I looked and was proven right.

If I want help on how to moderate the board you will see a PM asking for help. Since you don't see that PM you can just keep your thoughts to yourself.

Just scanned your last page of posts and wow everything is about how bad Sam is in your mind. You are taking topics that have nothing to do with Sam and making them about him. Talk about pushing an agenda. I liked your posts better when you were getting banned for logo updates.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Enough with this name calling. This is a Jets site, if people want to blast Baker Mayfield they should. Too many people acting like they are getting paid by the NFL for the hot takes. 

There is no such thing as being a Darnold homer. It is called being a Jets fan and people used to be allowed to root for the team without being called names.

Also too many posters using multiple accounts to drop these hot takes on. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the admin tools available but I am 3 for 3 today looking up posters using aliases. Makes no sense to me.

 

That guys another troll account, his shtick Is to get Jets fans rilled up on how bad Darnold is. Every thing is negative.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Spare me. It isn't weak for me to say that Jets fans shouldn't be called names on a Jets site simply for rooting for the team. It isn't weak for me to say people shouldn't hide behind multiple accounts. Two times I thought that was happening today, two times I looked and was proven right.

If I want help on how to moderate the board you will see a PM asking for help. Since you don't see that PM you can just keep your thoughts to yourself.

Just scanned your last page of posts and wow everything is about how bad Sam is in your mind. You are taking topics that have nothing to do with Sam and making them about him. Talk about pushing an agenda. I liked your posts better when you were getting banned for logo updates.

weak was also meant to apply to the multiple user names, fwiw.

i dont like " sam is great" crammed down my gizzard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

weak was also meant to apply to the multiple user names, fwiw.

i dont like " sam is great" crammed down my gizzard. 

Thanks for your approval on the fake users, we will continue cleaning them up despite your weak weak weak comment.

Nobody is cramming anything down your gizzard. All you have to do is stop taking threads off topic with your Sam sucks talk and you won't have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one cannot believe that our 22 year old Qb who was playing linebacker a few years ago, is in his first season in this system, isn’t primed and polished enough yet to nail every throw with pinpoint perfection and efficiency. 

What I saw was a kid who threw 2 tds, had a good completion %, against a bad team but playing on equally as bad of a roster, came back from behind to lead his team to victory.

Our roster blows, our hc at his best is suspect, at worst horrendous. What more do you want from Sam at this point in time? People are insane.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

What more do you want from Sam at this point in time?

baby steps. a QBR of 50 or better for the next 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

baby steps. a QBR of 50 or better for the next 3 weeks.

Lol over/under against Baltimore will be a QBR of 5. Gonna be a bloodbath Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold is average at best, and can’t overcome the dumpster fire game plans gase employs.  The sooner people realize that, the less disappointed they will be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Enough with this name calling. This is a Jets site, if people want to blast Baker Mayfield they should. Too many people acting like they are getting paid by the NFL for the hot takes. 

There is no such thing as being a Darnold homer. It is called being a Jets fan and people used to be allowed to root for the team without being called names.

Also too many posters using multiple accounts to drop these hot takes on. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the admin tools available but I am 3 for 3 today looking up posters using aliases. Makes no sense to me.

 

Dude you seem like a nice guy, but there are a handful of posters that are RUINING your site. These are nothing but TROLLS that go from thread to thread doing nothing but trying to stir up Jets fans. And no, these aren’t fans with a differing on opinion on the QB- they are trolls that get off on ticking fans off. Look at their posts- they are 100% without context, they never “breakdown” what they see with Darnold... it’s just crap like “it’s never Darnolds fault!”.

guys like 14 and green, joe willy, Leominster, etc are trolls that on any other self respecting site would have been banned long ago.

your biggest problem though is that Crusher is one of them... look at his post history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

You want Sam to be top 10 at his position in year two because he was a top 10 pick overall? That is rough.

He has certainly lived up to being a top draft pick, the team won \ loss record with and without him this year backs that up.

I hope you aren't suggesting that he should be a top 10 QB already, not with this roster.

(Comment Withdrawn)

Ok, fine, so not in year two.

When then?  Year three, or is that too soon? 
 

Year five? His deal year?

Tell me when fans are allowed to have expectations for Darnold? When is diss appointment in his level of play and production acceptable? Are fans not permitted to be disappointed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This roster that, if I recall, you said was going to make the playoffs?

Ok, fine, so not in year two.

When then?  Year three, or is that too soon? 
 

Year five? His deal year?

Tell me when fans are allowed to have expectations for Darnold?

 

Please show me where I said the Jets were going to make the playoffs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Dude you seem like a nice guy, but there are a handful of posters that are RUINING your site. These are nothing but TROLLS that go from thread to thread doing nothing but trying to stir up Jets fans. And no, these aren’t fans with a differing on opinion on the QB- they are trolls that get off on ticking fans off. Look at their posts- they are 100% without context, they never “breakdown” what they see with Darnold... it’s just crap like “it’s never Darnolds fault!”.

guys like 14 and green, joe willy, Leominster, etc are trolls that on any other self respecting site would have been banned long ago.

your biggest problem though is that Crusher is one of them... look at his post history.

People are allowed to have differing opinions.  Just put them on ignore if you don’t want to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butterfield said:

People are allowed to have differing opinions.  Just put them on ignore if you don’t want to see it.

Yeah exactly. I spend the night raining people in on a certain topic. Then I wake up to that lecture where the guy personally attacks a group of people himself. Can't make this stuff up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay so this isn't the place for crazy conspiracy theories. This team looked terrible without Darnold so your claim has no merit. Don't post made up stuff here.

Might be 🔨 Time

 

37832A94-EF4A-4D15-9DF8-3EFA8908D547.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Kind of amazing that this doesn’t mention that he took a sack on third down with less than a minute remaining and no timeouts that pushed the LOS nearly back to midfield. 

The guy's article mentions that it's not a work of art and says the end result is all that matters.

Yeah for some reason the end result isn't good enough for some reason. Weird. 

The 22 year old QB led the team on a 4th quarter comeback. But let's keep talking about a sack that didn't cost the game. 

Talk about picking and choosing to fit a narrative.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:
 
There is no such thing as being a Darnold homer....
Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

People are allowed to have differing opinions.  Just put them on ignore if you don’t want to see it.

I agree that people are allowed to have different opinions. But these posters don’t have opinions. They never post with context, breaking anything down. They just spew inflammatory one liners to rile people off. Or keep posting some insane comparison of Darnold to Patrick Ramsey... 

the ignore feature is useless because the trolls instigate most users, so entire threads are overrun more often than not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is another one of those games (like Buffalo week 1) where if this is a "bad performance" for our QB, I can live with these types of games from time to time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:
 
There is no such thing as being a Darnold homer....
Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise d

This is a fan (i.e. fanatic) site.  Most of the people are going to be homers.  Similarly, it is the internet.  Most of the people are going to be trolls.  This isn’t anything new.  People should be used to it by now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah exactly. I spend the night raining people in on a certain topic. Then I wake up to that lecture where the guy personally attacks a group of people himself. Can't make this stuff up.

You’ve got a hoard of Pat Fans TXs running wild and you can’t see it bro- I’m trying to help you. If you didn’t have me going from thread to thread trying to stop these jerks your site would be dead in 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

I agree that people are allowed to have different opinions. But these posters don’t have opinions. They never post with context, breaking anything down. They just spew inflammatory one liners to rile people off. Or keep posting some insane comparison of Darnold to Patrick Ramsey... 

the ignore feature is useless because the trolls instigate most users, so entire threads are overrun more often than not. 

You can’t expect other people to post how you want them to.  If you don’t like it, don’t look at it.  Its really no reason to get worked up.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dude Darnold is only 22 and the patriots game never happened".Stop fooling yourselfs Deshaun Watson went to Foxborough as a rookie with a sh*t o line and proved he was a fqb, darnold is not and a Win against the hopeless dolphins bailed out by a PI call and a miss tackle is not changing that. And yea you can downvote idc, we'll be picking Fields or Lawrence after next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

You can’t expect other people to post how you want them to.  If you don’t like it, don’t look at it.  Its really no reason to get worked up.  

It’s called trolling dude... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

"Dude Darnold is only 22 and the patriots game never happened".Stop fooling yourselfs Deshaun Watson went to Foxborough as a rookie with a sh*t o line and proved he was a fqb, darnold is not and a Win against the hopeless dolphins bailed out by a PI call and a miss tackle is not changing that. And yea you can downvote idc, we'll be picking Fields or Lawrence after next year.

Deshaun Watson just laid an egg the size of Kansas against a losing team starting a rookie QB in a must win game....

Max, you can add this guy to the ban list.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...