Get this kid some playmakers!

Jetster

Oline- playmakers- another CB & pass rusher

Cooper- Scherff- Yannick

Can JD pull that off? 

Will be interesting where we draft next year, at 5-8 the top LTs like Andrews are likely gone. could you imagine a starting lineup of Cooper- Ceedee Lamb, Crowder, Herndon? Take an Olineman with the #2 & take a stud RB that falls with 1 of the 3s. 

Jets have to build a scoring offense. It's a helluva a lot harder to put 8 guys on the LOS when you've got Cooper & Ceedee Lamb lined up wide, Crowder in the slot, Herndon at TE, and Bell in the backfield if he's back, which I believe he will be. 

I want offense! With the returning guys, Yannick and another drafted CB that's plenty to keep us competive. I think Austin is Maccs diamond in the rough (finally). 

• Upvote 1

This is a 2-3 year rebuild. Douglas wouldn’t come here unless he got the 6 year deal because JD knew this, and cause he needed to be able to hire his own coach in case Gase ya know...keeps sucking.

We’re not gonna get it all this offseason, but it should start with the OL and upgrading WR, or keeping Robbie and adding a true #1 in fa or draft.

• Upvote 2

How much would you be willing to pay Scherff? I'm not sure handing him a blank check is smart. Even though we are desperate, it may not be smart. We haven't been lucky with monster contracts handed out to FAs so I'm hesitant with that one. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is a 2-3 year rebuild. Douglas wouldn’t come here unless he got the 6 year deal because JD knew this, and cause he needed to be able to hire his own coach in case Gase ya know...keeps sucking.

We’re not gonna get it all this offseason, but it should start with the OL and upgrading WR, or keeping Robbie and adding a true #1 in fa or draft.

imo it will take that long for the jets to become a real force but i also think they will be able to compete for the playoffs next season. right now they are learning about the players they will want to bring back next season and even beyond.

• Upvote 1

Aside from a year or two with Braylon/Santonio and the year with Marshall/Decker, you could argue that the Jets playmakers have been the worst in the NFL over the last decade.  Go back and look at some of those rosters when Geno was QB and Sanchez’s last couple years, and then look at the last 4 years.  It’s been atrocious.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Oline- playmakers- another CB & pass rusher

Cooper- Scherff- Yannick

Can JD pull that off? 

Will be interesting where we draft next year, at 5-8 the top LTs like Andrews are likely gone. could you imagine a starting lineup of Cooper- Ceedee Lamb, Crowder, Herndon? Take an Olineman with the #2 & take a stud RB that falls with 1 of the 3s. 

Jets have to build a scoring offense. It's a helluva a lot harder to put 8 guys on the LOS when you've got Cooper & Ceedee Lamb lined up wide, Crowder in the slot, Herndon at TE, and Bell in the backfield if he's back, which I believe he will be. 

I want offense! With the returning guys, Yannick and another drafted CB that's plenty to keep us competive. I think Austin is Maccs diamond in the rough (finally). 

Do not do any of the above.  The days of paying free agents big dollars are over.  Trade Jamal Adams, Resign robby anderson.  We will have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.   You can take 2 olineman, 1 wr, 1 rb, 1 cb, 1 safety, 1qb.

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do not do any of the above.  The days of paying free agents big dollars are over.  Trade Jamal Adams, Resign robby anderson.  We will have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.   You can take 2 olineman, 1 wr, 1 rb, 1 cb, 1 safety, 1qb.

Ooh yea, that's the way to win, play a bunch of rookies. It has to be a combination, all of the top teams have a mix of veterans & younger players. 

Cooper is young & in his prime, both Edwards & Holmes twilight players with issues. Cooper is way better than Decker. There is a chance a stud WR falls to the Jets where they'll be picking. I agree in not giving Scherff an open check, has to make sense, but we have got to go after an edge Rusher! You get a couple edge rushers with the threat also of Adams or CJ Mosely blitzing you can get by with just getting the injured defensive guys back. 

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hell, you already stated you wanted to draft another QB & trade Sam Darnold. I'm sure Joe Douglas would agree with your views on what we should do ?.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Hahahaha it’s always a 2-3 year rebuild.

nah dog, they need to start winning

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hell, you already stated you wanted to draft another QB & trade Sam Darnold. I'm sure Joe Douglas would agree with your views on what we should do ?.

No where have I ever suggested we trade Sam Darnold.  Joe D would never waste money on amari cooper.  Resigning Robby Anderson is a much better value then making amari cooper the highest paid wr in the league.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

sh*t I wish they would. But they suck.

Fan base can’t keep saying this is a 2-3 year rebuild. Hold them accountable for wins. I guarantee if things don’t work out in 2-3 years I will hear it’s a “2-3 year” rebuild. Successful teams don’t do this 

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This. Except we have to spend a certain amount of cap anyhow, so we are probably bringing in at least 1 big free agent. 

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No where have I ever suggested we trade Sam Darnold.  Joe D would never waste money on amari cooper.  Resigning Robby Anderson is a much better value then making amari cooper the highest paid wr in the league.

Screw that...sign Cooper, draft best WRA & you save with the rookie. Why pay Robbie Anderson 10 million to be a #2? Takes time to learn WR in the NFL, especially as a #1. Cooper steps right in & gives Sam a stud in his prime. Look what's happening to the Pats without WRs. And Edelmans better than any of our WRs.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

If you have any other unique fleeting thoughts, please start new threads for them. Don’t want to risk missing anything in the midst of already Underway conversations about the same tool that just don’t deliver.

ATTENTION ALL POSTERS AT JN: Please be sure to ask mommies permission before posting anything on JN.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Aside from a year or two with Braylon/Santonio and the year with Marshall/Decker, you could argue that the Jets playmakers have been the worst in the NFL over the last decade.  Go back and look at some of those rosters when Geno was QB and Sanchez’s last couple years, and then look at the last 4 years.  It’s been atrocious.  

In the last 10 drafts, the Jets have selected a whopping 10 offensive players in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft.  3 of those have been QB.  So in 10 years, the Jets selected 7 offensive players "high" in the draft that weren't QBs.

Those 7 players are:

Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Hill, Brian Winters, Jace Amaro,  Devin Smith, Adarius Stewart, Chuma Edoga.

Yikes.  Not only don't we pick them, the ones we have picked are complete failures and don't even turn out to be average contributors, let alone average starters.  Winters is the only one who can be viewed as a remote success.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

How much would you be willing to pay Scherff? I'm not sure handing him a blank check is smart. Even though we are desperate, it may not be smart. We haven't been lucky with monster contracts handed out to FAs so I'm hesitant with that one. 

We're not the only ones in need of O-line help.  Any decent FA OL is going to get paid large.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/lane-johnson-12284/

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Cooper is young & in his prime, both Edwards & Holmes twilight players with issues. Cooper is way better than Decker.

one- Cooper will have completed his 5th year.

Santonio came to the Jets in at the beginning of his 5th year, Braylon 4 games into his 5th.

So, either they are all twilight or all in their prime ( I think the latter)

two- Cooper "way better" ..??   Hmm, I like Amari. but...never had more than 7 TD.

Deck put up 8 with Tebow/Quinn and 12 w/ Fitz outside of the 13 and 11 w/ NationWide Man.

I'd rather have Decker, myself.

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

one- Cooper will have completed his 5th year.

Santonio came to the Jets in at the beginning of his 5th year, Braylon 4 games into his 5th.

So, either they are all twilight or all in their prime ( I think the latter)

two- Cooper "way better" ..??   Hmm, I like Amari. but...never had more than 7 TD.

Deck put up 8 with Tebow/Quinn and 12 w/ Fitz outside of the 13 and 11 w/ NationWide Man.

I'd rather have Decker, myself.

Correct.  Joe D isnt making amari cooper the highest paid receiver in the league.  We need a nice WR3 for next year that has potential to grow into a Wr1.  That can be found in the 2nd or 3rd round.

IMO - He needs that big physical split end that can box out DBs and make plays when he isn't open.  We had it with Keyshawn (still hate that trade) and one season with Marshall.  Braylon was able to make those plays, but dropped too many balls for my taste.    

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.  oh the pain..............

I'm just curious, do you like anything about this team? All you do is criticize everything, myopically hone in on everything bad. The Jets with some major holes in their Oline, CB, ILBs (injury), TE (Injury), and having no pass rushers are 4-1 in their last 5 against teams they were supposed to beat (which is kind of funny when you look at our roster). In the NFL the Ravens, Pats, Rams, are SUPPOSED to beat bad teams, the Jets are a bad team too right? That's what you say EVERYDAY here ad nauseum but then you belittle winning 4 out 5 games. 

Jet fans want perfection in a game that's imperfect. Forget Sams misses yesterday, let's talk about the 4 drops. Bad drops, most ruining drives & stopping possessions. Sam would have have thrown for over 300 yards yesterday. 

They want perfection from Gase. Last night the Seahawks ran 2 plays in a row, runs up the middle, 3rd down incomplete, punt. You see it every Sunday. We lost our #2 TE early (dudes been Sams safety blanket). Fans are unrealistic & hang on every play that is unsuccessful. If every play was successful, every play call, every throw, we'd never lose which would be pretty cool, but a little unrealistic. 

I saw 4 important drops, I saw Sam miss a handful of plays that Gase schemed guys open, TE up the sideline, Robbie on the out in the endzone ect. Plays were there for the players to make, that's what shows up in the filmroom. That's why midweek you hear Sam say, "I left plays out there". 

Im looking forward to the team coming in with the same QB, and the same system with BETTER PARTS.  

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm just curious, do you like anything about this team? All you do is criticize everything, myopically hone in on everything bad. The Jets with some major holes in their Oline, CB, ILBs (injury), TE (Injury), and having no pass rushers are 4-1 in their last 5 against teams they were supposed to beat (which is kind of funny when you look at our roster). In the NFL the Ravens, Pats, Rams, are SUPPOSED to beat bad teams, the Jets are a bad team too right? That's what you say EVERYDAY here ad nauseum but then you belittle winning 4 out 5 games. 

Jet fans want perfection in a game that's imperfect. Forget Sams misses yesterday, let's talk about the 4 drops. Bad drops, most ruining drives & stopping possessions. Sam would have have thrown for over 300 yards yesterday. 

They want perfection from Gase. Last night the Seahawks ran 2 plays in a row, runs up the middle, 3rd down incomplete, punt. You see it every Sunday. We lost our #2 TE early (dudes been Sams safety blanket). Fans are unrealistic & hang on every play that is unsuccessful. If every play was successful, every play call, every throw, we'd never lose which would be pretty cool, but a little unrealistic. 

I saw 4 important drops, I saw Sam miss a handful of plays that Gase schemed guys open, TE up the sideline, Robbie on the out in the endzone ect. Plays were there for the players to make, that's what shows up in the filmroom. That's why midweek you hear Sam say, "I left plays out there". 

Im looking forward to the team coming in with the same QB, and the same system with BETTER PARTS.  

There isnt much to like.  The ownership stinks, the coach stinks, the qb is not improving, we havent been to the playoffs in forever and the next 3 games are going to be absolutely brutal.

But keep comparing the jets to the Seahawks(one of the best run franchises in the league).  That makes tons of sense.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

We're not the only ones in need of O-line help.  Any decent FA OL is going to get paid large.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/lane-johnson-12284/

Exactly. Do you think it is smart to pay this specific player a huge amount? I don't think he is a top 3 guard in the league. Is he top 5? Top 10? Name one player that we paid top dollar for that has come close to living up to that in the past few years.  I'm weary. 

I know what people will say: Beggars can't be choosers. But look at how Trumaine Johnson worked out. 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Fan base can’t keep saying this is a 2-3 year rebuild. Hold them accountable for wins. I guarantee if things don’t work out in 2-3 years I will hear it’s a “2-3 year” rebuild. Successful teams don’t do this 

I agree is unacceptable and wildly insane that this ineptitude has gone on for this long, in a league that is designed for bad teams to become good quickly.

But, it is the reality. It is another rebuild. And given the looks of the roster. It will take 2-3 years minimum. I cant sit here and say “I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS!” All day long...it wont get me anywhere.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I agree is unacceptable and wildly insane that this ineptitude has gone on for this long, in a league that is designed for bad teams to become good quickly.

But, it is the reality. It is another rebuild. And given the looks of the roster. It will take 2-3 years minimum. I cant sit here and say “I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS!” All day long...it wont get me anywhere.

Why don't we allow Joe Douglas to get at least his 1st crack at Free Agency & a draft? Macc was fired for a reason....he stunk.