joewilly12

Leonard Williams,sick of losing, says if Giants don't offer him top-tier money, he'll hit free agency

At least he said, “not Aaron Donald level, unlike...”

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:09 AM, Warfish said:

JMO, but bad look talking about money, how much you're worth, free agency and more during a sackless losing season in mid-season.

The off-season will be here soon enough, say all this then.

In fairness, due to the trade, he had 2 bye weeks.  So, if you extrapolate his sacks over a full 16 game season...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

We may never know for sure but I'll throw a couple thoughts out there...

1. Gettleman traded a high 3rd for Leo during a rebuilding season.  That's the kind of move you make when you think you 9-7 team could be 11-5 by adding a talented DT in midseason.  I don't think the Leo acquisition was a short term move in Gettleman's mind and he looks foolish giving up a very valuable (almost 2nd round pick) to rent Leo for 8 weeks during a losing season.

2. Some of the things that a new HC looks at when coming into a situation are the Cap space, contract situations and what players the team is anchored to longer term.  Leo will consume some serious $$$ this offseason (whether he deserves it or not) and a new contract would wed him to the team for at least 3-4 years because he wouldn't be tradeable early in the contract.  Do you think Matt Rhule wants Leo Williams to be the first big FA deal of his tenure with the Giants?  It would almost feel like a Gase-Bell situation....big money tied up in a non-premium position.

3. Whether Leo Williams was the specific reason or not it could simply be that the conversations about Leo between Rhule and Gettleman gave Rhule some insight into Gettleman's thinking and it scared him off.  Just hearing Gettleman's thinking about how to approach FA and the Leo William's situation may have had Rhule saying to himself, "I don't know if I can work with this guy."

city life pizza GIF by Sherchle

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dcat said:

adjusted pass rush per capita score

uh-huh  #-o

As I said earlier in the thread, Williams had two byes this season due to trade, you need to extrapolate his true pass rush per capita to get to his real impact.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company