joewilly12

Leonard Williams,sick of losing, says if Giants don't offer him top-tier money, he'll hit free agency

He’s a big name with good hair but is simply a lunch pail kind of contributor. 

he’s a good guy and I would say the same things if I were him, but I wouldn’t pay him what he wants and I’m glad It’s Gettleman’s conundrum now.

• Upvote 1

He not only isn’t getting extended, he is in for a big wake up call 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

We need him to start getting some sacks these last games of the season. 

yep.  I really want that 4th rounder.  What good is the Giant's stupidity if they don't exercise that stupidity to the maximum?  

• Upvote 2

Leo might not get a monster contract but he will get a  very good contract.  Teams with a poor run defense will convince themselves he is a prime run stopper who is still young.  He will get a very good contract.  The giants might let him walk and just collect a comp pick

• Upvote 2

Man that is some funny chit. Real funny. So glad we got what we got for that guy.

hes a durable average dline guy. He is no way elite

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Just STFU and play football. Play well and you will get rewarded. Who breeds these people?

Narcissism runs wild in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

Someone is going to pay Leo you can make book on it. And rightfully so. I'd love to have him back but we have higher priorities.

• Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

I wonder what a lineman with zero sacks in a season is worth? This will be interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Someone is going to pay Leo you can make book on it. And rightfully so. I'd love to have him back but we have higher priorities.

Cleveland 

12 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I wonder what a lineman with zero sacks in a season is worth? This will be interesting.

This is an excellent post.

Im friends with Giants fans who 

a. Think he been the reason for their run defense improving after the trade.

b. Think Gettleman was dumb to give up picks for him when he could’ve waited until FA

Basically, they are the same as we were when it came to LW, some see good things, some don’t think he’s very good.

Youre right, this will be interesting.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

He not only isn’t getting extended, he is in for a big wake up call 

His biggest problem is that the 2 franchises dumb enough to believe in his "potential" are the 2 teams that have already witnessed first hand that he is nothing special. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cleveland 

That’s not happening, Joe.

Cleveland is like us, their #1 priority is rebuilding their horrible OL.

Dorsey gambled and lost when he got rid of one of his best lineman, and a high pick busted. 

Williams is a clown. He’s not getting anything near a big contract and if anybody gives one to him then jokes on them

• Upvote 1

Leo is going to get a decent (not top tier) pay day for a team who runs a 4-3 that has decent edge rushers.. He will run stuff, get an occasional sack and shine like the 4th round talent that he is. The guy is a decent football player and it's not his fault that he was anointed as the best player in the draft. Also not his fault that Macc drafted an interior lineman when there were more pressing needs.

• Upvote 1

Leo was a rookie watching Wilkerson cash in and be an absolute dog and then watching Sheldon act like a complete a hole while a Jet, then bouncing around the league worrying far more about $$$$  than winning, and his other teammate Revis squeezing every nickel he could and then failing to perform or care.  Hard to believe Leo has such as view of what he should be getting when he had so many great examples of professionals around him while in Florham park 

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I would love to see Leo stick it to the Giants by re-signing with the Jets for a modest 1 year "prove it" deal. 

I want him nowhere near this team. 

• Upvote 1

He’s the best there is. Tell Giants. They should pay him 20 mil per so we can get a 4th. That’s all I care. 

So glad we got rid of him when we had the chance. 

• Upvote 1

He’s just messing with the Jets so they don’t get the conditional 4th for being resigned. He’ll make the same money he’s going to get whether he signs with the Giants or someone else. 

• Confused 1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, The Crusher said:

So he’s ok with losing as long as he gets paid top tier money?  Can anybody say,” bidding war?” 

A bidding war over a jag ??? Um... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

That’s kinda the joke. 

On 12/9/2019 at 11:30 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

What a delusional piece of trash. 

Couldn’t agree more

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I think Leo is counting on Macagnan and Idzik both getting GM jobs in the offseason 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Leo was a rookie watching Wilkerson cash in and be an absolute dog and then watching Sheldon act like a complete a hole while a Jet, then bouncing around the league worrying far more about $$$$  than winning, and his other teammate Revis squeezing every nickel he could and then failing to perform or care.  Hard to believe Leo has such as view of what he should be getting when he had so many great examples of professionals around him while in Florham park 

The Bowles/Macagnan years really did some lasting damage you had absolute trash scrubs like Darron Lee, Leo and Skrine start regardless of how horrible they were

Fitz has no one except Macagnan bidding for his scrub ass, got a payday and then publicly bitched when he got benched for being horrible 

Just a bad culture