Yesterday's Attendance

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Tickets were cheap.  I got mine for 6 bucks but I was literally at the very top. It’s funny I went with my son and we were sitting there like 5 minutes before tipoff and it was dead up there.  Then all of a sudden it got pretty busy.  Unfortunately it was a pain in the ass because the whole first quarter people were filing in and standing around

Just now, prime21 said:

Wait til Pittsburgh comes to town in two weeks.  There will be a lot of black and yellow visible in the stands.

Yes - But, I went to Pittsburgh a few years ago, and there was plenty of Jets green in the stands.  This is the nature of football games today.  Tickets are available online, all of the teams markets are national, you as a fan can go to any game, in any stadium, any time you like.  Sure, it's easier in a lost season, but as someone who's gone to one road game a year for about a dozen years now, this is not a Jets only issue.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

the Niners/Saints game ended 48-45

that's entertainment

the Fins/Jets ends 22-21 with like 10 field goals 

how is that fun? 

A handful of season ticket holders get upset because other people don't want to do it.  That's the whole issue.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

Ya let me spend my money on a sh*tty product.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Lower level end zone seats were as low as $15 yesterday. I have never seen them that low, that is crazy.

The Steelers game might be the worst game in terms of ratio of opposing fans in this stadium. Steelers fans travel well, a ton in this area. It is going to be bad, really bad.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Lower level end zone seats were as low as $15 yesterday. I have never seen them that low, that is crazy.

The Steelers game might be the worst game in terms of ratio of opposing fans in this stadium. Steelers fans travel well, a ton in this area. It is going to be bad, really bad.

Hence the call for so called Jet fans to actually show up and stop with the excuses "I don't have time to go to the game, but I had a 100 post day yesterday talking about it" or its too expensive, when tickets are at all time lows.  

Rise up off the couch and go to the game!  Its going to be like that movie "300" fan wise if we don't get more Jet fans in the stands.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Hence the call for so called Jet fans to actually show up and stop with the excuses "I don't have time to go to the game, but I had a 100 post day yesterday talking about it" or its too expensive, when tickets are at all time lows.  

Rise up off the couch and go to the game!  Its going to be like that movie "300" fan wise if we don't get more Jet fans in the stands.  

I love going to the games. I have seriously modified my entire life around it. Football Sunday we are there as soon as the parking lot opens and we are one of the last to leave. We tailgated before the game and ate dinner after the game. The financial decision I made years ago to buy and RV was based in large part on using it 8 times a year to tailgate.

So I can't imagine any other way for me personally.

I know others don't feel the same way, my kids are older now so it is easier. But I went when they were young, we just steered them away from fall sports that involved a Sunday.

I totally get that others don't enjoy going. I talk to a lot of people that hate going. But there are a ton of people that don't go because of the price. So to your point, those people should have been there yesterday. I honestly think some people didn't realize how low ticket prices were.

In the past we have done ticket giveaways and there have been people begging for free tickets. Some of those weeks I looked and see tickets for $20. Always amazed me that the same person who wrote two pages on going to a Jets game being a life long dream wouldn't spend $20 to fulfill said dream lol.

I do realize that face value is too much for a lot of people. No shame in that, money can easily be better spend elsewhere. $15 seats though, jump on that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So the Jets would sell more tickets if their defense was worse?

the Jets would sell more tickets if Adam Gase was coaching the offense half as well as Gregg Williams is coaching the defense

other teams it's not like an adventure every time they need a first down 

they just go out there and convert on 3rd down 

this Jets offense makes 22 points feel like a million

and not in a good way 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I used to beat up the "home" fans for not being loud enough, showing up late, etc. 

Not anymore.  How can anyone expect them to kill a whole day to show up and watch this?  Yesterday sounded like even though they won, it wasn't entertaining.

I read this board.  But I have only watched 5 games this season.   Something that would have been unimaginable 5 years ago. 

I discontinued Directv Sunday ticket.  I don't go to the bar.  They are not worth my time... and certainly not worth my money.

Shame...  because Le'Veon Bell is my favorite player. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets would sell more tickets if Adam Gase was coaching the offense half as well as Gregg Williams is coaching the defense

other teams it's not like an adventure every time they need a first down 

they just go out there and convert on 3rd down 

this Jets offense makes 22 points feel like a million

and not in a good way 

The Jets are averaging 20.3 points per game when Sam Darnold starts this season. Inconsistency is an issue but an improved oline will help next year. Do you know the last time a Jets QB averaged over 20 points per game?

1954. Seriously look it up, hasn't happened to a Jets QB since the mid 1950's. I mean, they weren't a team yet but still.

I do seriously hope someone looks up previous team points per game averages for Jets QBs.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are averaging 20.3 points per game when Sam Darnold starts this season. Inconsistency is an issue but an improved oline will help next year. Do you know the last time a Jets QB averaged over 20 points per game?

1954. Seriously look it up, hasn't happened to a Jets QB since the mid 1950's. I mean, they weren't a team yet but still.

I do seriously hope someone looks up previous team points per game averages for Jets QBs.

I believe they were the New York Scalawags in 1954.  Jerome "Big Thumbs" Noodling was the qb.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

wolf of wall street GIF

this is a low bar, like me saying Rex Ryan is the most winningest playoff head coach in franchise history

technically true and also no one cares

in 2019 NFL, defense giving up 20 points is a decent job 

the whole thing is designed to score points 

Darnold needs to score 34 points every game before people care 

i.e. the product isn't good enough 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

A handful of season ticket holders get upset because other people don't want to do it.  That's the whole issue.

Seems to me like the non-ticket holders (and that includes all you "former" season ticket holders)  do most of the complaining about the crowd having so many opposing fans.  I love the irony in that they blame the current ticketholders for something that they themselves contribute to.    Can't make it up.  We've all read it on this forum multiple times how it's the STH that are causing all the problems.  Jets fans not the sharpest tools in the shed, it seems.

• Post of the Week 1

Idea.

Part 1: those who don’t want to go don’t malign those that do for “wasting money or time or giving incentive to a poor team.”

Part 2: those who go to the games don’t question the loyalty of those who opt out in a lost year.

To each his own. Pretty simple. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

And to think Chris Johnson's promise of more of this BS next year wasn't enough to draw the fans in.

Wow.

Shocked.

Not all. Even if Darnold were healthy and Gase came as advertised this team was never making playoffs.

• Upvote 1