Yesterday's Attendance

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I will buy you a beer if I sit close enough to you when I do return. 

I like LL seats even though the MEZZ has an awfully nice view. 

Chill out @SAR I  we are all in this together. 

joewilly12 

That's a deal.  But I'm buying.  I've got a seat with your name on it too, when you're ready.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

You’re a better Jets fan than me.  And I’m okay with that.  I could go to the game on Sunday, in a lost season, against a crap team, or, after working another 50 to 60 hour week, where most days I don’t get to spend more than 20 minutes with my children, I can take my daughter to a birthday party.  I’m comfortable with my choice.

Though, I guess I’m not complaining about the atmosphere or the STHs, so perhaps I’m exempt from this judgment?

This can also be true.

Sitting thru a jets game is bad but not as bad as a four year old birthday party. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Chicken Tender Basket for $10 is the best value in the stadium.  BBQ sauce is good too.

SAR I

Yep. I took the tenders he took the fries.  The tenders cost like 1.33 each which is dirt cheap. 

and the free soda for designated driver.  Very cheap outing. 

except for the car rental and the tickets lol. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

If the west side stadium, the 8 wonders of the world that we missed because of a crooked politician and people with vendetta because this magnificent stadium was going to wipe them out, then we wouldn’t be talking about empty stadium.  

I don’t blame Jets fan for not venturing into the middle of nowhere in NEW JERSEY sharing it with another team and to sit in lousy weather in a not appealing stadium.  

But hey we got the best toilet and parking lot for tailgating.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

Last time this decade I can attend a game....   well SIGN ME UP

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Our roster as currently constituted is 1996 Rich Kotite caliber, no?  Our entire Secondary missed yesterday's game.  We are down 6 or 7 LB's, I lost count.  All the big name internal (Enunwa, Herndon, Williamson) or free agent (Mosley, Bell, Osemele) signings are out or neutralized.  Only 1 out of 5 offensive linemen is playing his natural position.  Our kicker should be bagging groceries.  They were flying planes trying to get the head coach fired. 

This is, on paper, the most dysfunctional team in the history of the team and that is saying something considering how brutal things have been for 50 years.

Yet we have won 4 of our last 5 games.  Yet our quarterback is 5-4 when healthy.  That is coaching.  That is strong quarterbacking.  I am not joking when I say that the job Gase and Darnold are doing is among the team's best in history.  Bill Parcells himself went 1-6 followed by 7-2 with a Super Bowl roster, just down a QB.  Gase is about to follow 1-7 with 5-3 with an expansion-team caliber roster.  Think about it.  This is very impressive and bodes very well for our future.

SAR I

The last 3 games will be telling. Damn if they could find a way to finish 2 and 1 that would be great.

Hell Lamar is hurt, 3 and 0 and the Jets will be Super Bowl favorites next year.

I am okay with Gase. I want him to be less stubborn but I am rooting for him and think he can be a good coach. Love the defensive staff.

They have to figure out why they were hit with so many injuries and make changes though.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Totally. Hence the call to get Jet fans there. 

1-EA30-DF4-AFFE-4828-BC98-0-ACEA1564528.

Agreed. The problem Sunday wasn’t too many Dolphins fans. The problem was not enough Jets fans.  

Let’s send the boys off in style after the tough breaks and effort they have shown. Let’s go everyone. Get your friends and family members who say they’re Jets fans to buy tickets and let’s give the Steelers a collective punch in the gut. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

1-EA30-DF4-AFFE-4828-BC98-0-ACEA1564528.

Agreed. The problem Sunday wasn’t too many Dolphins fans. The problem was not enough Jets fans.  

Let’s send the boys off in style after the tough breaks and effort they have shown. Let’s go everyone. Get your friends and family members who say they’re Jets fans to buy tickets and let’s give the Steelers a collective punch in the gut. 

SAR I

Come one, come all, for grand finale of the 2019 season home slate, a location where the Jets have won three in a row.  Early forecast is high in the 40's and partly cloudy.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Brace yourself. The Steelers fans will outnumber the 5-8 Jets fans 2 to 1 next week.

I don’t like it but it’s what’s gonna happen

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I read this three times before I was able to process the 2 to 1 part.

I thought you were saying 5 to 8 and I was confused. 5 Jets fans for every Steelers fan, I was like damn that is some advanced math he has going on there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I read this three times before I was able to process the 2 to 1 part.
I thought you were saying 5 to 8 and I was confused. 5 Jets fans for every Steelers fan, I was like damn that is some advanced math he has going on there.

Haha. That’s the first time I’ve ever been considered advanced in mathematics. Hell, I was even confusing trying to say 2 to1. Lol

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Again Queens-based team playing in Godforsaken Jersey will not generate meaningful attendance numbers unless the team is good.

I got news for you, Shea Stadium was a ghost town when the Jets were bad and we still played in Queens. Geography has nothing to do with it.

If you are a Jets fan, you have a responsibility to be there in two weeks when we host the Steelers to close out our 2019 season.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Again Queens-based team playing in Godforsaken Jersey will not generate meaningful attendance numbers unless the team is good.

In Queens for 24 Years and 35 in New Jersey.  I would say they are more Jersey than Queens at this point.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I like football, but its doubtful I would go, even if the tickets were free.  The team isn’t good, and I would rather watch on tv from home anyway.  The last time I went to a game was almost 20 years ago.  The lady in front of us was so drunk she pissed her pants.  

if you haven't gone to a game (live) in 20 years i doubt you are the target market to try to convince to go.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

People are really busy. Way busier than in my parents' time. It's not a lot of fun to burn a whole day like this. And while younger people can do it, if the team isn't good it's not a priority. Jets have not had a home playoff game in going on 2 decades. Giants aren't drawing much better. And really the new stadium isn't a better experience than your couch for a whole host of reasons that we've trod over forever. 

which is why a stadium in the middle of nowhere is not as attractive as one in an urban area. My days of leaving at 9 am and getting home at 6:30pm are dwindling.
Years ago I left my home in Brooklyn at noon and was in my seats for kickoff.
Back home by 5 pm
Started tailgating with the move to Giants Stadium and the day grew longer exponentially.
Let the younger generation take over, but my sons have friends who’s parents have coaches club tickets costing something like
1200 bucks a game. Their kids didn’t want to go to game because they wanted to stay home and follow their fantasy football teams.
Major League sports will have a problem in the future attracting fans

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I like football, but its doubtful I would go, even if the tickets were free.  The team isn’t good, and I would rather watch on tv from home anyway.  The last time I went to a game was almost 20 years ago.  The lady in front of us was so drunk she pissed her pants.  

20 years.  Haven't attended a Jets game in 20 years.

Never make a comment about the team, the stadium, PSL's, or crowd noise ever again.  Confine your comments to "agree" or "yes" from now on.

SAR I

1 hour ago, FlagmanL11 said:

In Queens for 24 Years and 35 in New Jersey.  I would say they are more Jersey than Queens at this point.  

A typical 40 to 50 year old Shea Stadium season ticket holder is 75 to 85 years old now, not attending games at all let alone wishing they were in Queens.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

which is why a stadium in the middle of nowhere is not as attractive as one in an urban area. My days of leaving at 9 am and getting home at 6:30pm are dwindling.
Years ago I left my home in Brooklyn at noon and was in my seats for kickoff.
Back home by 5 pm
Started tailgating with the move to Giants Stadium and the day grew longer exponentially.
Let the younger generation take over, but my sons have friends who’s parents have coaches club tickets costing something like
1200 bucks a game. Their kids didn’t want to go to game because they wanted to stay home and follow their fantasy football teams.
Major League sports will have a problem in the future attracting fans

Also from Brooklyn, and still live there. Will go to games or concerts at MSG or Barclays, no problem. Also, you can go to a bar or restaurant before or after. Now when I was a tyke, you could even drive to the Garden, but that is no longer viable nor free. Still, even in a 2 fare zone, those are ground balls. Barclays could be as little as a half hour if you hit it right, MSG no more than an hour. 

There is nothing in the Meadowlands. a mall, a racetrack and....traffic. Getting back and forth is a complete pain in the ass. Been over it many times, won't recite the litany. It's all day. Now the WSS was never going to happen. But how they didn't explore something next to new Shea, simply don't understand. 

• Sympathy 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, FlagmanL11 said:

Hence the call for so called Jet fans to actually show up and stop with the excuses "I don't have time to go to the game, but I had a 100 post day yesterday talking about it" or its too expensive, when tickets are at all time lows.  

Rise up off the couch and go to the game!  Its going to be like that movie "300" fan wise if we don't get more Jet fans in the stands.  

Nope.  The problem is plain as day.  SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE BEEN PRICED OUT.  Sorry about the yelling.  But regardless of what SAR says, there used to be a 10 year wait for Jets season tickets.  That meant the stands were full of green and white fans and only a smattering of opposing fans that got seats on the secondary market got in.  PSL's and high Ticket prices and $12 beers basically erased half the season ticket holders.  Now you get what we got.  cheap, empty seats that opposing fans can fill til their hearts' content.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Nope.  The problem is plain as day.  SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE BEEN PRICED OUT.  Sorry about the yelling.  But regardless of what SAR says, there used to be a 10 year wait for Jets season tickets.  That meant the stands were full of green and white fans and only a smattering of opposing fans that got seats on the secondary market got in.  PSL's and high Ticket prices and $12 beers basically erased half the season ticket holders.  Now you get what we got.  cheap, empty seats that opposing fans can fill til their hearts' content.

You do realize you said season ticket holders have been priced out and then you end with cheap seats are available. 

On 12/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, FlagmanL11 said:

sh*tty fake season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

[Holding back my rage so I can type this without shaking my keyboard to pieces]

As someone who was buried on the waitlist from 1988 to 2002 I can clear up your revisionist history:

1.  The same amount of opposing fans were in Giants Stadium.  Back then, those who held the seats between the 20's on the lower level, best seats in the house, were selling them to brokers.  They'd sell 4 games for 5x face value, attend 4 games for free, and use the rest of the cash to put their kids through college.

2.  Those same fans bolted once they were asked to pay fair market value.  The gravy train was over and they took off like the non-fans they actually were.  They were the offspring of loyal Shea Stadium fans who passed away and laughed all the way to the bank on the backs of 18,000 people on the waitlist like me.

3.  Once the PSL process started and those seats opened up, just who do you think took them?  Why do you think there is no more wait list?  That's right, US.  The waitlisters finally got their dream come true-  the ability to buy our way in to the seats we always wanted.  No more waiting 15 years to get nosebleeds up by the endzone flags; we could sit anywhere we wanted.  And now we do.

The reason that the stadium isn't as full of Jets fans as it could be is because of the Giants Stadium Quitters.  Those who used the PSL as an excuse to run out on the team because a) their gravy train of tickets that paid for themselves ended and b) the Rex Ryan playoff runs ended. 

So don't you sit here and spew your nonsense on a topic you know nothing about.  There are more loyal Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there ever were in Giants Stadium.  All us waitlisters show up every Sunday to watch us win 2 home games a year if we're lucky.  The problem isn't PSL's or the fans with money that bought those great seats.  The problem are the lucky sperm club fans who got paid to attend Jets games for 30 years, never paid fair market value in their lives, forced real fans to wait lists, and who bolted the moment they were asked to do the right thing, to pay the right prices for their seats.  F-them.  We don't want 'em back.  Better to leave those seats open so when we're good again some 19 year old in college today becomes the brand new 23 year old season ticket holder when he graduates and enters the workforce.

SAR I

• Upvote 1