Jump to content
FlagmanL11

Yesterday's Attendance

Recommended Posts

2 crappy teams in December = empty seats.  The Fin fans mostly live in the region and planned on seeing their team in person once a year like they always do.  Play this game in FL under similar circumstances, it's an empty stadium w/ more FL transplant Jet fans than Fin fans.  Last home game will be all NY/NJ Pit fans.  Attendance will probably be good, but here will be very few Jet fans.  Was at the game yesterday, weather was great, plenty of parking, no fighting in the stands, Jets win, decent day all around.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

 Tickets were available for under $8 per and the stadium was still over half empty. It's just complete indifference at this point to this team until they start doing something right on the field consistently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the Niners/Saints game ended 48-45

that's entertainment

the Fins/Jets ends 22-21 with like 10 field goals 

how is that fun? 

Beats church or work

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Seems to me like the non-ticket holders (and that includes all you "former" season ticket holders)  do most of the complaining about the crowd having so many opposing fans.  I love the irony in that they blame the current ticketholders for something that they themselves contribute to.    Can't make it up.  We've all read it on this forum multiple times how it's the STH that are causing all the problems.  Jets fans not the sharpest tools in the shed, it seems.

drama popcorn GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I love going to the games. I have seriously modified my entire life around it. Football Sunday we are there as soon as the parking lot opens and we are one of the last to leave. We tailgated before the game and ate dinner after the game. The financial decision I made years ago to buy and RV was based in large part on using it 8 times a year to tailgate.

So I can't imagine any other way for me personally.

I know others don't feel the same way, my kids are older now so it is easier. But I went when they were young, we just steered them away from fall sports that involved a Sunday.

I totally get that others don't enjoy going. I talk to a lot of people that hate going. But there are a ton of people that don't go because of the price. So to your point, those people should have been there yesterday. I honestly think some people didn't realize how low ticket prices were.

In the past we have done ticket giveaways and there have been people begging for free tickets. Some of those weeks I looked and see tickets for $20. Always amazed me that the same person who wrote two pages on going to a Jets game being a life long dream wouldn't spend $20 to fulfill said dream lol.

I do realize that face value is too much for a lot of people. No shame in that, money can easily be better spend elsewhere. $15 seats though, jump on that.

It has to do with the product that is being put on the field. The game was totally irrelevant and people decided not to waste their time, effort and money to go to the stadium. I usually go in the beginning of the season because I have "hope" and usually by week 4 that hope is diminishing greatly or gone. Even tho the season is not even half over you can tell its another lost season. It's not worth it to go to the stadium after that point. I'm not the only one that feels this way because look at the price of tickets from week 3 on. I went to 4 Games this year and only paid over face value one time this year. It seems the only way a sth can make money is the parking pass, which is sad. This shows you that people can't be bothered with a consistently bad product. Good teams can sell their tickets for well over double the face...it's simple economics the demand is high so the price will increase. It economics 101 and its obvious how it affects the jets. Another factor is the amount of seats at MetLife stadium. Since the fans don't want to be bothered with going to the stadium there is so many seats available that drives the price of a ticket even further down. If it was a venue that held 50k the price of the tickets wouldn't take a huge hit like they are currently taking.

 

I saw club house seats vs the dolphins that have a face of 250 a seat go unsold at 55 dollars with fees on third party sites..if that doesn't tell you something I don't don't know what will....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

It's not about the money.  It's about not wanting to spend 7ish hours on a Sunday for the Jets and the Dolphins.

Can't blame anyone for exercising that judgment with their limited free time.

This is it for me. 

I've been to at least one Jets home game every year since 1999, but I'm not going this year.

It's not really worth the investment of time if the Jets aren't that good. It's one thing if to watch on your couch while you sip on a beer or do some paperwork. It's another to attempt to get from Manhattan to New Jersey in a 6-7 hour round trip endeavor.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

It has to do with the product that is being put on the field. The game was totally irrelevant and people decided not to waste their time, effort and money to go to the stadium. I usually go in the beginning of the season because I have "hope" and usually by week 4 that hope is diminishing greatly or gone. Even tho the season is not even half over you can tell its another lost season. It's not worth it to go to the stadium after that point. I'm not the only one that feels this way because look at the price of tickets from week 3 on. I went to 4 Games this year and only paid over face value one time this year. It seems the only way a sth can make money is the parking pass, which is sad. This shows you that people can't be bothered with a consistently bad product. Good teams can sell their tickets for well over double the face...it's simple economics the demand is high so the price will increase. It economics 101 and its obvious how it affects the jets. Another factor is the amount of seats at MetLife stadium. Since the fans don't want to be bothered with going to the stadium there is so many seats available that drives the price of a ticket even further down. If it was a venue that held 50k the price of the tickets wouldn't take a huge hit like they are currently taking.

  

I saw club house seats vs the dolphins that have a face of 250 a seat go unsold at 55 dollars with fees on third party sites..if that doesn't tell you something I don't don't know what will....

The bold is also true for me. Normally I would have gone to the Jets/Bills opener this year but I couldn't because I was traveling back from a wedding (who gets married during football season, btw?) Anyway, Darnold gets mono and by the time there's another home game worth going to the season is literally over already.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The bold is also true for me. Normally I would have gone to the Jets/Bills opener this year but I couldn't because I was traveling back from a wedding (who gets married during football season, btw?) Anyway, Darnold gets mono and by the time there's another home game worth going to the season is literally over already.

Apparently some pretty smart people if I get the gist of this thread.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Hence the call for so called Jet fans to actually show up and stop with the excuses "I don't have time to go to the game, but I had a 100 post day yesterday talking about it" or its too expensive, when tickets are at all time lows.  

Rise up off the couch and go to the game!  Its going to be like that movie "300" fan wise if we don't get more Jet fans in the stands.  

With all due respect - BULL $HIT

Let the dopes that own the franchise put a quality product on the field for once and fan attendance will be no issue whatsoever. I went out at halftime yesterday to the gym and to do other things instead of watching that absolute dreck of a football game. I have invested 50 years and countless Sundays on this team and refuse to do it anymore until they start winning. Guess that makes me a bad Jet fan. So be it. As I get older, my time becomes more valuable to me, not to be wasted on crap.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are averaging 20.3 points per game when Sam Darnold starts this season. Inconsistency is an issue but an improved oline will help next year. Do you know the last time a Jets QB averaged over 20 points per game?

1954. Seriously look it up, hasn't happened to a Jets QB since the mid 1950's. I mean, they weren't a team yet but still.

I do seriously hope someone looks up previous team points per game averages for Jets QBs.

By quick count, since 1978 (the year schedule expanded to 16 games), the Jets have scored more than 320 points as a team (20/game) 20 times.

That is as deep as I am taking this.

20 times in 40 years

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

With all due respect - BULL $HIT

Let the dopes that own the franchise put a quality product on the field for once and fan attendance will be no issue whatsoever. I went out at halftime yesterday to the gym and to do other things instead of watching that absolute dreck of a football game. I have invested 50 years and countless Sundays on this team and refuse to do it anymore until they start winning. Guess that makes me a bad Jet fan. So be it. As I get older, my time becomes more valuable to me, not to be wasted on crap.

 

Watching the Jets feels like watching guys run around in leather helmets. I find myself watching red zone more and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should have some kind of rewards program

season ticket holders who actually show up and scanned get some sort of gift or collectable at the end of it all 

is that a thing? 

the reality is the Jets sell these tickets when their value is at an all time high every year and dont care what happens to the third party markets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they should have some kind of rewards program

season ticket holders who actually show up and scanned get some sort of gift or collectable at the end of it all 

is that a thing? 

the reality is the Jets sell these tickets when their value is at an all time high every year and dont care what happens to the third party markets

 

They do I thought and I heard they give out trinkets or free sodas. 

They should reward the diehard dedicated season ticket holders who show up every week with something worthwhile like opting out of pre-season games or free parking passes. 

its not like they cant afford it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they should have some kind of rewards program

season ticket holders who actually show up and scanned get some sort of gift or collectable at the end of it all 

is that a thing? 

the reality is the Jets sell these tickets when their value is at an all time high every year and dont care what happens to the third party markets

 

The Jets make money off of the 3rd party transactions. StubHub and Ticketmaster cough up a lot of money for the bar code access. So they actually increase sales money thru resales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The true jet fan isnt going to the games, watching on tv or posting on a site like this.  They have moved on until the product deserves to be watched and followed again.  The real fan has stepped away and will not come back until it is worth there time.

Only glutton for punishments are still around.  

Boasting that you were at the game is embarrassing.  You are better off going in disguise and not telling anyone you went.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If fans showed up maybe the Jets wouldn’t be having a group of 1,000 plus Dolphins fans take over the stadium.  
 

I’ll be honest though I’d be hesitant to take young kids to a Jets Dolphins game.  Their fans are downright nasty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They do I thought and I heard they give out trinkets or free sodas. 

They should reward the diehard dedicated season ticket holders who show up every week with something worthwhile like opting out of pre-season games or free parking passes. 

its not like they cant afford it. 

There is no reason to have season tickets to a team like the jets who are not a top tier team. If your using the tickets for clients thats a different story. With technology today, you can get tickets within seconds at below face value for a majority of the games. As in the case yesterday, you coulf of got tickets for pennies on the dollar with club seats going unsold at 55 a ticket w fees on the secondary market. The lowesr priced seat I saw were going for 6 dollars

 

To make matters worse you must pay full price for preseason garbage.

God forbid you get sick or can't make a game vs another low tier team you can't even recoup your money back If it's not the beginning of the season.

 

I guess rewards would keep the suckers around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY Jets fans WE need to take back our house!  

Pre PSL's we had home field advantage, I will debate that with anyone who disagrees. 

Opposing teams fans were far and few and if there was a large group they usually occupied a small portion of the UD. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If fans showed up maybe the Jets wouldn’t be having a group of 1,000 plus Dolphins fans take over the stadium.  
 

I’ll be honest though I’d be hesitant to take young kids to a Jets Dolphins game.  Their fans are downright nasty.  

You left out the most important piece of the chain of reasoning:

It's fine to say "If fans showed up maybe the Jets wouldn’t be having a group of 1,000 plus Dolphins fans take over the stadium." But you forgot to preface that with the preliminary necessary condition for fans to show up at all:

Only if the Jets put a respectable and competitive product on the field will the fans come back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me one or two games per year is enough(I actually went yesterday). To make the trip from LI anymore than that to watch an awful team is a waste of my time and money. If you want to spend your time and money on games that’s fine, that’s your choice but don’t criticize fans who would rather get work done or relax and not spend their money when the team is 5-8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets fans WE need to take back our house!  

Pre PSL's we had home field advantage, I will debate that with anyone who disagrees. 

Opposing teams fans were far and few and if there was a large group they usually occupied a small portion of the UD. 

 

Gee, I wonder who that will be?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

HELL YES.

What is wrong with these people?  This roster is 1-8 caliber yet we're 5-4 since Sam returned from injury and they don't show up?  They won't pay $25 to watch a great game on a warm December day?

I don't want to hear another word about the stadium or whining about crowd noise when these pretzel-eating complainers DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM THEMSELVES.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

HELL YES.

What is wrong with these people?  This roster is 1-8 caliber yet we're 5-4 since Sam returned from injury and they don't show up?  They won't pay $25 to watch a great game on a warm December day?

I don't want to hear another word about the stadium or whining about crowd noise when these pretzel-eating complainers DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM THEMSELVES.

SAR I

@SAR I with all due respect I ate shrimp yesterday while watching the game and i'm not complaining just commenting. 

joewilly12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The premium LL seats 30-50 yard line behind the NY Jets bench looked very empty on TV. Sad situation. 

detail.jpg?1384609970

The fans with those seats have the option of standing right behind the bench.  Which is what they do.  Same for Yankees, Giants, Cowboys, etc.  All stadiums have premium seats which allow the $700 a-game-and-up crowd multiple options for viewing and dining.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, prime21 said:

Wait til Pittsburgh comes to town in two weeks.  There will be a lot of black and yellow visible in the stands.

Not if stay-home-and-complain Jets fans show their gutsy, giving 200%, injured team some support.

Buy a ticket.  Come to a game.  The Jets need you.  Keep the Steeler fans out.  Do it yourself.  20 million people live in the NY Metro area, let's say 8 million of them are Jets fans.  There are only 10,000 seats to fill.  Let's go.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

detail.jpg?1384609970

The fans with those seats have the option of standing right behind the bench.  Which is what they do.  Same for Yankees, Giants, Cowboys, etc.  All stadiums have premium seats which allow the $700 a-game-and-up crowd multiple options for viewing and dining.

SAR I

All those empty seats all those people weren't standing they weren't there. That pic is not from yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

It's not about the money.  It's about not wanting to spend 7ish hours on a Sunday for the Jets and the Dolphins.

Can't blame anyone for exercising that judgment with their limited free time.

Season ticket holders who commit to 10 games a year, most definitely.

But stay-home-and-complain fans who can't even show up for 1 measly game for $25 on a warm December day to see their streaking team that's won 4 of their last 5 games despite all the unprecedented injuries?  That's pathetic.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Tickets were cheap.  I got mine for 6 bucks but I was literally at the very top. It’s funny I went with my son and we were sitting there like 5 minutes before tipoff and it was dead up there.  Then all of a sudden it got pretty busy.  Unfortunately it was a pain in the ass because the whole first quarter people were filing in and standing around

 

Good job to you and your son.  You are true Jets fans.  We need more like you.

God bless, and have a happy holiday season.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

A handful of season ticket holders get upset because other people don't want to do it.  That's the whole issue.

No.

A handful of season ticket holders don't like being blamed for putting enemy fans in the stadium when they are a subset of the 8 million Jets fans in the NYC Metro area who never attend any games at all.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...