Yesterday's Attendance

On 12/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, FlagmanL11 said:

Got to say very poor showing by Jets fans overall, far too many fish fans.  Tickets were cheap, perfect tailgate and football weather and entire rows in the upper deck were empty with many open seats in the Mezz and lower level.  We need the so called fans to get off their couch and get to the stadium.  Its embarrassing when you bring new people to the game and they say it looks like a preseason crowd.  Let have a better showing for the Steeler game.  No excuses Jet fans......   Tickets we will be cheap and last time this decade you can you go to the stadium.  

There were a ton of $6 UD seats on stub hub.   

16 hours ago, batman10023 said:

You do realize you said season ticket holders have been priced out and then you end with cheap seats are available. 

All seats are available.  So when I want to sit in the LL I can pick up those seats at less than face value.  as can opposing fans.  When those blocks were occupied by season ticket holders, only the cheap seats were available for people who didn't have season tickets.  Now the expensive seats are easy to get without paying a PSL and the cheap seats are wide open.  Cause and effect.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

[Holding back my rage so I can type this without shaking my keyboard to pieces]

As someone who was buried on the waitlist from 1988 to 2002 I can clear up your revisionist history:

1.  The same amount of opposing fans were in Giants Stadium.  Back then, those who held the seats between the 20's on the lower level, best seats in the house, were selling them to brokers.  They'd sell 4 games for 5x face value, attend 4 games for free, and use the rest of the cash to put their kids through college.

2.  Those same fans bolted once they were asked to pay fair market value.  The gravy train was over and they took off like the non-fans they actually were.  They were the offspring of loyal Shea Stadium fans who passed away and laughed all the way to the bank on the backs of 18,000 people on the waitlist like me.

3.  Once the PSL process started and those seats opened up, just who do you think took them?  Why do you think there is no more wait list?  That's right, US.  The waitlisters finally got their dream come true-  the ability to buy our way in to the seats we always wanted.  No more waiting 15 years to get nosebleeds up by the endzone flags; we could sit anywhere we wanted.  And now we do.

The reason that the stadium isn't as full of Jets fans as it could be is because of the Giants Stadium Quitters.  Those who used the PSL as an excuse to run out on the team because a) their gravy train of tickets that paid for themselves ended and b) the Rex Ryan playoff runs ended. 

So don't you sit here and spew your nonsense on a topic you know nothing about.  There are more loyal Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there ever were in Giants Stadium.  All us waitlisters show up every Sunday to watch us win 2 home games a year if we're lucky.  The problem isn't PSL's or the fans with money that bought those great seats.  The problem are the lucky sperm club fans who got paid to attend Jets games for 30 years, never paid fair market value in their lives, forced real fans to wait lists, and who bolted the moment they were asked to do the right thing, to pay the right prices for their seats.  F-them.  We don't want 'em back.  Better to leave those seats open so when we're good again some 19 year old in college today becomes the brand new 23 year old season ticket holder when he graduates and enters the workforce.

SAR I

Hang in there SAR.  I'm sure you can overcome that rage.  So, as to the topic I "know nothing about".  I was waitlisted for ten years before I got my season tix at Giants stadium.  I had those seats for five years before the new stadium and the PSL.  Which I bought because the waitlist disappeared and I was able to upgrade to the Lower Level.  Awesome!  Then, as the years went by, the season ticket holders around me began to change or dissappear.  Different people were in those seats every week.  I started looking into the secondary market and low and behold, I could buy basically the same seats i was sitting in every week at or below face value with no PSL.  I ate the loss and now go to as many games as I see fit without having to pay for preseason games, PSL's and generally pay way below face value.  So, fellow enraged "waitlister", the blocks of good seats once locked up by season ticket holders (like you and, formerly, me), are now available for sale.  Anyone can sit in good seats without paying full value and PSL's, including opposing fans.  The waitlist was a backlog of people trying to get into the stadium to regularly enjoy the home games.  Now, there is no waitlist.  There is no backlog.  The secondary market is flooded with cheap tickets because of that.  Finding a ticket for $6 was unheard of in Giants stadium.  But here we are.  The investment is worth it for you.  Good.  Its not for most others because financially it makes almost no sense, so that folks with less disposable income than you have ("quitters", I believe you called them), are no longer occupying the bulk of the seats.  There's a reason the waitlist is gone, there's a reason the Jets haven't raised prices, and there's a reason there are a lot more seats available to opposing fans.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Hang in there SAR.  I'm sure you can overcome that rage.  So, as to the topic I "know nothing about".  I was waitlisted for ten years before I got my season tix at Giants stadium.  I had those seats for five years before the new stadium and the PSL.  Which I bought because the waitlist disappeared and I was able to upgrade to the Lower Level.  Awesome!  Then, as the years went by, the season ticket holders around me began to change or dissappear.  Different people were in those seats every week.  I started looking into the secondary market and low and behold, I could buy basically the same seats i was sitting in every week at or below face value with no PSL.  I ate the loss and now go to as many games as I see fit without having to pay for preseason games, PSL's and generally pay way below face value.  So, fellow enraged "waitlister", the blocks of good seats once locked up by season ticket holders (like you and, formerly, me), are now available for sale.  Anyone can sit in good seats without paying full value and PSL's, including opposing fans.  The waitlist was a backlog of people trying to get into the stadium to regularly enjoy the home games.  Now, there is no waitlist.  There is no backlog.  The secondary market is flooded with cheap tickets because of that.  Finding a ticket for $6 was unheard of in Giants stadium.  But here we are.  The investment is worth it for you.  Good.  Its not for most others because financially it makes almost no sense, so that folks with less disposable income than you have ("quitters", I believe you called them), are no longer occupying the bulk of the seats.  There's a reason the waitlist is gone, there's a reason the Jets haven't raised prices, and there's a reason there are a lot more seats available to opposing fans.  

you paid for the PSLs though?  so they got you for your money...

i do agree the ticket prices are a bit too high.  about 10% in my section.  others are better value.  i debate constantly on whether to give them up or not.

but i didn't think it would okay to bring my son to the types of seats i had back at giants stadium.  too many drunks, too much cursing and too much fighting  (SAR talks about the burbs and farts but i didn't experience that).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you paid for the PSLs though?  so they got you for your money...

i do agree the ticket prices are a bit too high.  about 10% in my section.  others are better value.  i debate constantly on whether to give them up or not.

but i didn't think it would okay to bring my son to the types of seats i had back at giants stadium.  too many drunks, too much cursing and too much fighting  (SAR talks about the burbs and farts but i didn't experience that).

I was on the payment plan.  I paid about half and then a buddy of mine told me he walked away without repercussions and he couldn't be happier.  I did the same the following season and have no regrets (other than buying into the B.S. "its and investment" nonsense and pissing away a few grand).

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

As someone who was buried on the waitlist from 1988 to 2002 I can clear up your revisionist history:

1.  The same amount of opposing fans were in Giants Stadium.  Back then, those who held the seats between the 20's on the lower level, best seats in the house, were selling them to brokers.  They'd sell 4 games for 5x face value, attend 4 games for free, and use the rest of the cash to put their kids through college.

2.  Those same fans bolted once they were asked to pay fair market value.  The gravy train was over and they took off like the non-fans they actually were.  They were the offspring of loyal Shea Stadium fans who passed away and laughed all the way to the bank on the backs of 18,000 people on the waitlist like me.

3.  Once the PSL process started and those seats opened up, just who do you think took them?  Why do you think there is no more wait list?  That's right, US.  The waitlisters finally got their dream come true-  the ability to buy our way in to the seats we always wanted.  No more waiting 15 years to get nosebleeds up by the endzone flags; we could sit anywhere we wanted.  And now we do.

The reason that the stadium isn't as full of Jets fans as it could be is because of the Giants Stadium Quitters.  Those who used the PSL as an excuse to run out on the team because a) their gravy train of tickets that paid for themselves ended and b) the Rex Ryan playoff runs ended. 

So don't you sit here and spew your nonsense on a topic you know nothing about.  There are more loyal Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there ever were in Giants Stadium.  All us waitlisters show up every Sunday to watch us win 2 home games a year if we're lucky.  The problem isn't PSL's or the fans with money that bought those great seats.  The problem are the lucky sperm club fans who got paid to attend Jets games for 30 years, never paid fair market value in their lives, forced real fans to wait lists, and who bolted the moment they were asked to do the right thing, to pay the right prices for their seats.  F-them.  We don't want 'em back.  Better to leave those seats open so when we're good again some 19 year old in college today becomes the brand new 23 year old season ticket holder when he graduates and enters the workforce.

SAR I

@SAR I

We agree to disagree my friend on this subject and for conversation purposes only I will reply. 

Pre-PSL's season ticket holders waited on a waiting list I did for about 8 years. 

We paid the price of admission due May 1 no payment plans. 

We sat out and watched some really bad football. 

We didn't have the luxury to sell tickets on the internet those who sold tickets had to stand on the side of Rt 3 or on the entrance ramps or walk the parking lots. 

We had no choice but to attend every game or eat tickets. 

The stadium was full of diehard NY Jets fans,visting teams fans were far and few between and or in 1 section. 

Some of us like myself lost good seats that I waited for I was bumped back many rows for those with higher seniority who didn't want to pay for premium PSL's and tickets. ( no argument from me they deserved choice) 

I relocated to the UD in the new stadium and the view is and was terrible. 

All of us who had seats and gave them up aren't bad people. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was on the payment plan.  I paid about half and then a buddy of mine told me he walked away without repercussions and he couldn't be happier.  I did the same the following season and have no regrets (other than buying into the B.S. "its and investment" nonsense and pissing away a few grand).

good that it worked out for you and has made you happier.   i do personally have issues with defaulting on debt (never clear whether it was recourse or not).  

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I

We agree to disagree my friend on this subject and for conversation purposes only I will reply. 

Pre-PSL's season ticket holders waited on a waiting list I did for about 8 years. 

We paid the price of admission due May 1 no payment plans. 

We sat out and watched some really bad football. 

We didn't have the luxury to sell tickets on the internet those who sold tickets had to stand on the side of Rt 3 or on the entrance ramps or walk the parking lots. 

We had no choice but to attend every game or eat tickets. 

The stadium was full of diehard NY Jets fans,visting teams fans were far and few between and or in 1 section. 

Some of us like myself lost good seats that I waited for I was bumped back many rows for those with higher seniority who didn't want to pay for premium PSL's and tickets. ( no argument from me they deserved choice) 

I relocated to the UD in the new stadium and the view is and was terrible. 

All of us who had seats and gave them up aren't bad people. 

joewilly12 

the stadium's upper deck is pretty mediocre.  i would not sit up there personally. 

i like my seats as they are in the first row of the mezz at like the 10 yard line.  i just don't like the cost.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So why is MSG sold out for a horrible knicks team on a Tuesday night?

People think it's a joke when you explain that Knicks home attendance is propped up by NYC tourism but as a recent STH I can tell you this is absolutely true.  Especially among foreign tourists in town in the winter.

It makes sense. Madison Square Garden. NBA basketball. Midtown Manhattan. Looking for things to do during the bad weather months. Relatively affordable when compared to Broadway tickets.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the stadium's upper deck is pretty mediocre.  i would not sit up there personally. 

i like my seats as they are in the first row of the mezz at like the 10 yard line.  i just don't like the cost.

I wouldn't sit in the UD if you paid me, gave me free tickets, parking, food and beer. 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

giphy.gif

SAR I SAID THAT QUOTE HIS POST NOT MINE. THANKS 

23 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

People think it's a joke when you explain that Knicks home attendance is propped up by NYC tourism but as a recent STH I can tell you this is absolutely true.  Especially among foreign tourists in town in the winter.

It makes sense. Madison Square Garden. NBA basketball. Midtown Manhattan. Looking for things to do during the bad weather months. Relatively affordable when compared to Broadway tickets.  

Just there and can confirm. Being at the Garden is event of a lifetime for some people regardless of the Entertainment. Disney on Ice would be a sellout. Now that I think of it, I'd rather watch Disney on Ice indoors than what the Jets put on the field last week.

3 hours ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Just there and can confirm. Being at the Garden is event of a lifetime for some people regardless of the Entertainment. Disney on Ice would be a sellout. Now that I think of it, I'd rather watch Disney on Ice indoors than what the Jets put on the field last week.

It’s kind of amazing that it’s an event of a lifetime for folks and it’s right in our backyard.  

my cousin came into nyc over thanksgiving from Pittsburgh because her daughter was in the parade.  Had a great time and we are lucky we can do this stuff all the time. 

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

It’s kind of amazing that it’s an event of a lifetime for folks and it’s right in our backyard.  

my cousin came into nyc over thanksgiving from Pittsburgh because her daughter was in the parade.  Had a great time and we are lucky we can do this stuff all the time. 

Amazing how much effort I put in to avoiding these tourist spots.

6 hours ago, batman10023 said:

good that it worked out for you and has made you happier.   i do personally have issues with defaulting on debt (never clear whether it was recourse or not).  

Had zero effect on my credit score (which is excellent).  But I had the same fear before following my friend who ceased payments the year prior.

49 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Plain and simple....PSL's are a losing proposition if you are not a top tier franchise. You can argue this all you want however go on any secondary site a day or two before the Steelers game. Compare those prices to your PSL ticket prices.

PSL’s?  This again?  They don’t exist.

How rich people spent their fun money in 2008 is irrelevant in 2020. It was 12 years ago. You probably spent more money on dog food and beer than I did on my PSL‘s in that span.  Genius. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

PSL’s?  This again?  They don’t exist.

How rich people spent their fun money in 2008 is irrelevant in 2020. It was 12 years ago. You probably spent more money on dog food and beer than I did on my PSL‘s in that span.  Genius. 

SAR I

A decent vacation costs what I paid for my PSL’s. As a fan who enjoys going to the games not matter what, the PSL’s were the best thing to happen as I got much better seats in the new Air Conditioner looking stadium vs Giants Stadium.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Plain and simple....PSL's are a losing proposition if you are not a top tier franchise. You can argue this all you want however go on any secondary site a day or two before the Steelers game. Compare those prices to your PSL ticket prices.

PSL’s were a investment in prime seat location. I am sure there are many out there that have so much Jet junk at their house or man cave as many like to call it, that what they spent equals my PSL’s. I don’t collect junk. My avg cost of the PSL spread out over all the games I have attended at Met Life is around $50 at this point, plus I get access to get tickets to all events before the public. I have seen some great concerts in prime locations. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to be the bad guy, but if you bought football tickets as an investment in 2008, at best, you're probably the same people who buy gold coins off daytime television commercials, and at worst you probably send money to "lawyers" overseas to facilitate the return of untold fortunes from long lost uncles, and you got exactly what you deserved.