Inside Jets’ Jamal Adams’ 1st NFL game stuck on the sidelines | Will his performance help sway Joe Douglas?

Apache 51

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Are you saying the conditions and all the supporting players were exactly the same? Sat weeneis have told me these things are important.

Goes both ways. 

During the second game, we were missing maybe 1 or 2 different defensive players, Miami was missing 1 or 2 offensive players as well and one was their top offensive weapon.  

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Good lord, now they want to add "All-Pro Sideline Stander" to his resume, too.

I want a video of Marcus Maye answering these questions about how crucial Jamal Adams was toward helping him play strong safety after a win. Maye is rock solid fundamentally. Imagine having to answer these questions

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Not only that; they’re writing articles giving Adams credit for the play of the secondary in a game in which he didn’t play and without mention of the fact that Fitzpatrick shredded this defense when Adams did play. 

?. I like Adams, I just don't think you pay this guy like he's the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, who had like a million picks. It's funny you mentioned how this article is kind of giving him coaching credit? 

If Preston Williams wasn't on IR, and Parker didn't get concussed, I'd pretty much guarantee you we DO NOT win that game yesterday. Adams made a lot of mistakes in that loss at Miami, was he making sure guys didn't make the same mistakes? 

This guy knows how to get ATTENTION which in this new Social Media NFL means more than actual play on the field. Can you imagine if guys like Andre Johnson & Calvin Johnson brought as much attention to themselves (And these players were Superstars). Announcers now put this guy in the best to ever play type category which is ridiculous! He has an unblocked rush at Dak, so what. Bob Sanders when healthy did that sh*t every week & wrecked opponents game plans. We lost to 3 teams that B4 we played them hadn't won a game in a long time in Browns, Fins, Bengals with Adams. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Announcers now put this guy in the best to ever play type category which is ridiculous

This is because announcers get a media packet, which is prepared by the teams they’re covering that game, which details players and stats to focus on during the game, including quotes and cliches about each individual guy. That’s how they come up with those random factoids they produce whether someone makes a play—“his parents own a dairy farm!; his dad is a police officer in Houston!; He played the flute in high school!” Announcers mention the Jets safeties because those are the only guys (other than Darnold) that the Jets push. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is because announcers get a media packet, which is prepared by the teams they’re covering that game, which details players and stats to focus on during the game, including quotes and cliches about each individual guy. That’s how they come up with those random factoids they produce whether someone makes a play—“his parents own a dairy farm!; his dad is a police officer in Houston!; He played the flute in high school!” Announcers mention the Jets safeties because those are the only guys (other than Darnold) that the Jets push. 

What would announcers have to say about @T0mShane

33 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Point being, that you are trying to highlight how much Jamal affected the first game by merely being present, yet... Fitz shredded him and the secondary he is the leader of through the air that game.

Fitz vs Jamal

290 Total Yards - 3 TDs 0 INTs

Fits vs No Jamal 

Fitz 310 Total Yards - 0 TDs 1 INTs 

Pretty sure we would all rather have the second scenario, right @T0mShane ?

I love me some Pres Mal but this game wasnt a great example of his value considering how badly Fitz diced the Jets D last time and specifically beat the Pres a few times.  Wonder what Joey D is thinking these days...

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

I love me some Pres Mal but this game wasnt a great example of his value considering how badly Fitz diced the Jets D last time and specifically beat the Pres a few times.  Wonder what Joey D is thinking these days...

The tide is turning, fokls 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

The tide is turning, fokls 

It's a tough situation, man.  The Pres is awesome. Straight baller, leader of men, best player on the team but he's also a luxury.  Sad but true.  You hate to see real home grown talent leave but do you really pay him what he's going to want when the priority needs to be puting every single resource possible to build around Sammy D?  

Tough situation because it's like, on one hand, the roster is trash and there really isnt anyone else truly deserving of another contract from Mac (maybe Robby and Jenkins) so who else are you going to pay?  But then again, getting some picks for him to help you get to the end goal of loaded offense is very intriguing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's a tough situation, man.  The Pres is awesome. Straight baller, leader of men, best player on the team but he's also a luxury.  Sad but true.  You hate to see real home grown talent leave but do you really pay him what he's going to want when the priority needs to be puting every single resource possible to build around Sammy D?  

Tough situation because it's like, on one hand, the roster is trash and there really isnt anyone else truly deserving of another contract from Mac (maybe Robby and Jenkins) so who else are you going to pay?  But then again, getting some picks for him to help you get to the end goal of loaded offense is very intriguing. 

Would you rather have Jamal Adams at $17 mil per over five OR the best 21 year old center in the 2020 NFL draft plus an additional third round pick? ANSWER ME

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good synopsis. If you can get a 1, and 3 for him pull the trigger this is not going to be solved in one draft.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

and it's telling how well greg williams has done with a no name defense.  a safety who is a liability in coverage is not worth 10% of a salary cap.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Would you rather have Jamal Adams at $17 mil per over five OR the best 21 year old center in the 2020 NFL draft plus an additional third round pick? ANSWER ME

I would have answered you without yelling at me but now I've got to think about it first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if this team wins anytime soon it will be because of players like Jamal Adams 

guys who actually give a crap

they need more Adams not less

and in terms of "swaying" Douglas, sway him about what? A trade with Jerruh JOnes which doesn't exist? He's on his rookie deal and should be resigned until infinity 

it's not hard you draft an all pro you keep an all pro 

I know you don’t mean safeties lol.. we have had soooo many bad picks by Mac, (guys with bad attitudes and play ) I can see where you are coming from. But now that we have a pro O HC, pro O ( especially very pro OL) gm, our D loving fans are in a rude awaking.. Even if we had a balanced past draft/talent, these two would favor O in draft/FA.

So I’m on board saying jets will try to get more players like Adams, as long as they play OL, WR, RB, TE .. lol..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We lost to a Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Dolphins team with Jamal Adams playing, and the defense looked awful.  We beat a Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Dolphins team with Adams NOT playing, and the defense looked about average.  

Conclusion:  Jamal Adams just isn't that important or impactful.  

Valuable to teams who are at the very top, not teams like us at the very bottom. Having a guy like Adams for cheap is great value if you are a great team who already likely has talent in the “most need “ positions.. (They would be where we are if they did not).. We have a ton of holes at the critical very important positions.. Trading Adams can help us draft those positions. We certainly can’t pay him 17 mil a yr, over paying a stud OT that.. You buy the horses before you buy the cart.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah fitz passed for 290 yards 3 tds and we lost when jamal was there. 

Your safety is supposed to be part of a pass defense.

Why run as a QB when the safety is blitzing every play and you can kill the other teams bad corners because they have no help?

c'mon, fitzy didn't have many guys he could throw to.  once parker went out, fitzy wasn't throwing to anyone.