Washington Nationals re-sign Stephen Strasburg

Morrissey

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Same here. Give Brodie credit, he stole Jake.

DeGrom did us a real solid by taking the home team discount also.

It would be nice if we took advantage of that and at least offered Wheeler a competitive deal before the end of last season. I think he’d have given us a break also. I read that he even came to them then saying how much he wanted to stay last year, then had his agent give the Mets a chance to counter the Philly offer.

Cohen can’t sign off on that purchase deal fast enough for me. Never saw it coming, but man, we Mets fans deserve it.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2019/12/strasburg-returns-to-nats-on-7-year-245-million-deal/

Confirmed, Stras is staying.  Stras, Scherzer, Corbin lives on for a few more years! :)

Good for you, and it’s good for the sport also. Hope you can find a way to resign your 3rd base guy also.

Then my Mets take you down, lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

Doesn’t seem like his character but human nature, he has to be second guessing himself, no?

I don’t know, from what we’ve read about him he’s a family man, probably mature beyond his years.

Him and his wife could just be very happy here, and didn’t see a need to squeeze out every last dollar. After all, unless you’re the latest to sign, you’re usually not the highest paid. At some point you just have to be satisfied you’re making more then you could ever have imagined.

That said, who knows, he might be bitter as f**k, who knows? LOL