Sam Darnold- Officially our "Franchise QB" 12/8/19

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When your 22 year old QB goes 20/36 for 270YDs, 2TDs and 1 INT in a winning cause......and the fanbase is furious that he didn't play well, you KNOW you've found your FRANCHISE QB. 

Ummm It’s against the Dolphins. 

also should of had two more picks. 

• Thumb Down 5

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am one of his biggest supporters and I think he is but by no means a certainty.

I have this sickness in the pit of my stomach that says Adam Gase is going to screw him up.

He looked better and freer last year under friggin bates.

We also need to fix up the oline and get at least one weapon Wr.

Darnold's numbers are better across the board, but please tell me more about how YOU feel about Sam's play.....

• Haha 3

Just now, SAR I said:

TWICE

SAR I

exactly.  just like the texans game last year...and the Browns game last year.....both times, Sam had the 4th qtr come from behind win in hand...and then the defense gave it up and we lost both games.

same happened yesterday, but this time, Sam went right back down the field yet again and won the game.  progress.

and I agree.  the fact that people are complaining about this guy shows just how good he is!  we would have all killed for a performance like that out of Geno, or Hack, etc etc etc

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Where are these furious fans?

There aren't any.  Just a few needy SOJF's looking to get attention, confused that we don't suck like they predicted we would.

The rest of us are smart enough to figure out what our injury situation is and how impressive it is to have won 4 of our last 5 games with a roster this beat up, a QB under constant duress, WR's who drop perfect passes, and zero running game.  We should be 1-8 since Darnold's return,  We're 5-4.  It's one of the most impressive QB performances in team history.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

It was against the opponent we were scheduled to play, an opponent we LOST to previously, nothing more to say. 

also — shoulda’, coulda’, woulda’ has to be the lamest excuse ever to dismiss any professional sports effort. 

“He almost threw that pick.”

Okay?? What value does that hold on Monday morning lol?

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's great when a franchise that never gets a call in their favor FINALLY gets that call and SOJFs like yourself use it as a reason to bash our Franchise QB.  

How dare the Refs call interference when one of our players get interfered with!!!!

Im well aware of the bad calls this franchise has endured over the years but in all reality our QB should have just stomped Miami into the ground for the entire game and been kneeling down for the last series. I'm not a SOJF I've been optimistic for 45 + years and I keep getting kicked in the teeth. We have another sh*t QB who like I said in the past will be lucky to be a middle of the road guy. His ceiling might just be Joe Flacco without the SB

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Welcome to this board!

Thank you. I just finished rewatching the game. There was good and bad yesterday. He was sharper early and missed a few things late. Overall a good game but his mistakes seemed too have a common theme of the ball coming out late. That’s obviously something that can get better. 
Gase certainly deserves criticism for that as well. 

Was I the only who had a meltdown when Sam took the sack on the last drive? Or slung the ball to Crowder on a 3rd and one when he had 5 yards of daylight in front of him? I can forgive Sam for missing a throw now and then but the in game metal lapses and decision making have me seriously concerned.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Where are these furious fans?

26 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im well aware of the bad calls this franchise has endured over the years but in all reality our QB should have just stomped Miami into the ground for the entire game and been kneeling down for the last series. I'm not a SOJF I've been optimistic for 45 + years and I keep getting kicked in the teeth. We have another sh*t QB who like I said in the past will be lucky to be a middle of the road guy. His ceiling might just be Joe Flacco without the SB

It's tough to find these negative fans. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Thank you. I just finished rewatching the game. There was good and bad yesterday. He was sharper early and missed a few things late. Overall a good game but his mistakes seemed too have a common theme of the ball coming out late. That’s obviously something that can get better. 

There was definitely good and bad yesterday. Darnold is not a finished product, he is not working with a good oline and was playing with 3rd string TEs and Bilal Powell.  If his off days is what we see yesterday, we are in very good shape. 

We are 14pt dogs on Thursday. A loss, potentially big loss is on the way. I can't imagine the fun the SOJF crew will  have Friday morning. 

37 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When your 22 year old QB goes 20/36 for 270YDs, 2TDs and 1 INT in a winning cause......and the fanbase is furious that he didn't play well, you KNOW you've found your FRANCHISE QB. 

I watched him yesterday thinking moreso than any other game for some reason that yes this is our guy long term, this is our FQB. Now I also felt today if we continue the bad FA/Draft path we have been on, then Darnold over the next X amount of years will still make us competitive even for the playoffs and probably make them here and there especially if we wind of with 17 regular season games and 1 more playoff spot which is likely going forward. I believe that is worst case. Best case is the FA/Drafting gets better and we may or should be able to go farther then I stated.

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why should Gase be criticized? Maybe, just maybe he told Sam to take care of the DAMN BALL, and Sams trying to reign himself in from being to foot loose & fancy free. 

Sam had some absolutely terrible picks against the Pats & Fins. Terrible WTF picks. Sometimes a QB needs to take a step back refocus. Turnovers lose games, he's still learning, he's 22, I'm sure Gase & Sam chat now & then about protecting the ball. 

• Post of the Week 1

OP reads as a "read box score, didn't watch the game" kind of evaluation, but no doubt the win was a win, vs. a hated rival and former Jets QB, and wins are better than losses.  OP ignores a ton of meaningful details, excludes all the nuance and parsing and minutia that seems to matter a lot more when we lose and need to craft a "did enough to win" narrative, but "wins are good" is definitely a truism.  Especially against a 3 win Dolphins team that already beat us once.  

It will be interesting hearing the OP's thoughts after our game Thursday vs. Baltimore.  I think we all hope we can all be so glib about Darnold's performance after that game as well.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, mrmajix said:

Was I the only who had a meltdown when Sam took the sack on the last drive? Or slung the ball to Crowder on a 3rd and one when he had 5 yards of daylight in front of him? I can forgive Sam for missing a throw now and then but the in game metal lapses and decision making have me seriously concerned.

That pressure came quick & he thought he could rotate out of there. The throw to Crowder was just stupid, he runs there he might freaking score himself. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There was definitely good and bad yesterday. Darnold is not a finished product, he is not working with a good oline and was playing with 3rd string TEs and Bilal Powell.  If his off days is what we see yesterday, we are in very good shape. 

We are 14pt dogs on Thursday. A loss, potentially big loss is on the way. I can't imagine the fun the SOJF crew will  have Friday morning. 

The dolphins also started 2 UDFA guys in the game. What’s so infuriating is the week after the broadcasters called out Gase for running at Atkins yesterday they called him out for not attacking the dolphins patchwork secondary. 
I have no confidence that Gase will have any kind of decent plan for the ravens I’m hopeful that williams can slow them down enough that if they make some stops in the red zone it might be a game