joewilly12

Le'Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out the the flu

@Matt39 Broke the news first i felt it needed its own thread. 

Le’Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out with flu

December 9, 2019 | 7:56pm

Enlarge Image
Le'Veon Bell; Boonton Lanes
Le'Veon Bell; Boonton LanesAP, Brian Costello

MORE ON:

Le’Veon Bell was too ill to bowl over Dolphins defenders on Sunday afternoon, but not to knock down some pins late Saturday night.

The Jets running back, who missed Sunday’s win because of the flu, spent Saturday night at a New Jersey bowling alley, according to sources. One source also had photos that show Bell at his lane.

Bell missed practice on Thursday and Friday and was ruled out of the game on Saturday because he was dealing with the flu. Jets coach Adam Gase said the team sent him home on Friday to avoid getting other players sick. Gase also said Bell was not present at Saturday’s team walk-through. He was not seen at MetLife Stadium on Sunday when the Jets beat the Dolphins 22-21.

Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants.

Bell’s party had alcohol on its table, but it was unclear if Bell himself was drinking. An eyewitness said Bell seemed to be having a good time bowling and had a driver outside keeping a white Mercedes Benz warm for him.

While Bell was bowling, his team was at a hotel near the Meadowlands making its final preparations for the game with the Dolphins.

Enlarge Image  

The Jets did not have media access Monday outside of conference calls with select players. Bell was not one of them.

The Jets declined to comment on Monday when told about Bell’s whereabouts Saturday night. It is possible he will face internal discipline for his bowling outing.

This is the latest episode in a rocky first season for Bell. The Jets signed him to a four-year, $52.5 million contract with $27 million guaranteed in March after he sat out the 2018 season in a contract dispute with the Steelers. Former general manager Mike Maccagnan signed Bell despite the objections of Gase, who did not think it was wise to invest big money in a running back.

Gase has struggled to find ways to get Bell going this season. He is having the most unproductive year of his career, rushing for 589 yards and three touchdowns on 183 carries. He also has 55 catches for 403 yards and one touchdown. Bell has not rushed for more than 70 yards in a game this season. The Jets rushed for 112 yards without him on Sunday, including 74 from Bilal Powell.

The Jets had trade discussions about Bell at the trading deadline and there is speculation the Jets could try to move him this offseason despite him having $13 million guaranteed on his contract next year.

On Dec. 1, Bell only had 10 carries for 32 yards in a loss to the Bengals and was very short with his answers in the postgame locker room. He has not spoken to the media since, but did record his “17 Weeks” Podcast on Sirius XM/Pandora last week. He addressed the lack of touches in the Bengals game.

Enlarge Image  

“Honestly, I’ve been playing in this league for a long time,” Bell said on the podcast. “I’ve always been kind of used to like, you know, getting the ball 20, 25, 30 times. Because that’s what, my body can handle it, that’s the type of player I’ve always been. Even in college, at Michigan State, I was handling the ball that much. I go to the NFL it been the same thing. It’s been funny this year because it hasn’t happened. I understand, you know, offense is starting to come together, and guys are starting to learn, and we’ve got a new system, and new players up front, and we’ve got new coaches and things like that. But I think, you know, for me, I would love to put the game on my back and take games over. I haven’t had one of those games this year yet.

“A lot of people don’t think I’m the same player or that I can’t do that. That’s just because I haven’t had the opportunity really to show. As time goes on we’ll get better. We’ll find a way to make things shake.”

Gase said Monday that Bell was “pretty close to 100 percent” on Monday and he expected him to be at the team’s weightlifting session on Monday night since he was no longer considered contagious. It sounds like he will play Thursday night against the Ravens.

• Butt Fumble 1

Sad is what's going on within the NY Jets organization with injuries and illnesses and how they are choosing to handle them. 

Something isn't right here and my guess is the NFL will be investigating the NY Jets before all the smoke clears on all this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad is what's going on within the NY Jets organization with injuries and illnesses and how they are choosing to handle them. 

Something isn't right here and my guess is the NFL will be investigating the NY Jets before all the smoke clears on all this. 

They should probably stop blowing things too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jack Straw said:

A fair question to ask is, who gives a sh*t? The dude wasn't allowed to work, likely because he was contagious and they didn't want to risk the entire team getting sick. And being bored and alone, he decided to go bowling.

Personally, I would have stayed home and cranked a few out, but to each their own I suppose. These writers need to get a life. 

I mean he’s obviously not playing another down for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

image.thumb.png.5b3779ae1785644062b368180e228fbb.png

Freud·i·an slip
/ˌfroidēən ˈslip/
noun
noun: Freudian slip; plural noun: Freudian slips
  1. an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.

You STOP 

Remember the WARNING dude. 

joewilly12 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You STOP  

Remember the WARNING dude. 

joewilly12 

I mean, you made it so easy, buddy.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he’s obviously not playing another down for the Jets.

You seriously think so? I really don't see why this is a big issue.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jack Straw said:

You seriously think so? I really don't see why this is a big issue.

He gone.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

This would be something if he had missed the game due to a shoulder injury. 

It says right in the article that the team sent him him home to avoid spreading the flu around 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It says right in the article that the team sent him him home to avoid spreading the flu around 

So you go to a public space and bowl?

I love bowling btw.

NOT BLOWING!

• Upvote 2

and you cant argue...

Powell has outplayed Bell running the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Non-Story,  no reason to waste his legs or get him hurt.  Its all about Joe Douglas Year one and possibly moving Leveon after the season.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

So he decided to spread it around in a public place.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

So he decided to spread it around in a public place.  

That’s really the story. Lysol that lane 😂

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can't see Bell being here next year.  I also don't think he's been a problem child, this included.  

The biggest thing that bothers me is that it will likely create yet ANOTHER roster hole to fill.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah I can't see Bell being here next year.  I also don't think he's been a problem child, this included.  

The biggest thing that bothers me is that it will likely create yet ANOTHER roster hole to fill.

This team needs a dynamic running back, someone more explosive than bell.  Rb is a big need, and they should use a day 2 pick on one.  Darnold needs a running game and someone to use in the screen game. 

• Upvote 2

Sounds like the Adam Gase flu. Ryan Griffin had the same “illness” but was not asked to stay home. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Esiason was hinting on WFAN the other day that he’s been a  pain in the neck, missing meetings etc. One thing I give this regime credit for was they were able to keep Polite’s absences under wraps so it’s possible they’re just good at closing leaks. The Bell stuff was Boomer kinda just floating it out there without actually saying it so who knows. He’s definitely not back though.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's a blowing alley. 

Image result for hookers alley

• Haha 3