Le'Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out the the flu

joewilly12

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah I can't see Bell being here next year.  I also don't think he's been a problem child, this included.  

The biggest thing that bothers me is that it will likely create yet ANOTHER roster hole to fill.

What's the story on that lineman out of Iowa being talked about as a top 10 pick?  Wirffs or whatever 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not sure what the issue is. Other than he’s not the best RB on the team and is costing us a fortune.

Looks like Gase isn’t wrong. Again. Interesting. 

SAR I

For once I'm actually agreeing with you.  With our OL as currently constructed, a guy like Powell who just hits the hole and gets what he can is probably more efficient than a superior talent like Bell who is asking JAGs to hold their blocks longer to set up lanes for him.  It's not the same without guys like Pouncey and DeCastro in front of him...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

What's the story on that lineman out of Iowa being talked about as a top 10 pick?  Wirffs or whatever 

He's good.  Very good.  He's a monster of a dude (as in hang cleans 450 or more).  You won't find many schools that produce players as ready to produce as Iowa.  We usually don't get the high end stud athletes though.  This year we have 2 in Wirfs and Epenesa (who I think is a better player).  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he’s obviously not playing another down for the Jets.

How do you think they're going to play it? Eat his $4.5MM roster bonus (maybe more) and hope someone will toss us a day 3 pick to take him at his $8.5MM base salary? It's all guaranteed, meaning the Jets have to pay it unless they can get someone else to pay all or part of it instead. Like with Leo, they're not getting someone to fork over a pick - let alone fork over a pick and pay him - without the Jets eating a good chunk of his $13MM guaranteed 2020 money. 

Only other scenario I can think of is if we give up a draft pick for someone else to take on his full contract a la Houston with Osweiler. e.g. Bell and a 3rd rounder for someone else's 6th rounder; or similar to that, we eat his $4.5MM RB and then trade him with a 4th or 5th rounder and get back a 7th rounder in 2021 or something.

Hard to say right now, without knowing how interested any other team is in Bell. 

If they cut him outright - which makes less than no sense no matter how negatively Gase or anyone thinks of him - they save nothing but a roster spot. It'd be more worthwhile to get an OL in here like we should have had, see if that makes him worth at least half or more of the money he's due, and then cut him after the 2020 season.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not sure what the issue is. Other than he’s not the best RB on the team and is costing us a fortune.

SAR I

Gase knew....the real story is "Potential Hall of Fame RB blows HOF 1 second after shaking Mike Maccagnan's hand......Never rushes for even 3.5 yards a carry again.....buuuuttttt Buys his OWN Tropical Island".....ding ding ding ding ding.

Absolutely NOTHING Maccagnan ever touched that doesn't instantaneously turn to sh*t.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pac said:

Kind of sad what constitutes reporting these days..   He had the flu, was sent home on Friday, was told to stay away, then went..... wait for it.....

bowling the next day.

The only thing less scandalous would have been if he sat on a park bench and fed pigeons.

Bullcrap.  It's a terrible look for the jets.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How do you think they're going to play it? Eat his $4.5MM roster bonus (maybe more) and hope someone will toss us a day 3 pick to take him at his $8.5MM base salary? It's all guaranteed, meaning the Jets have to pay it unless they can get someone else to pay all or part of it instead. Like with Leo, they're not getting someone to fork over a pick - let alone fork over a pick and pay him - without the Jets eating a good chunk of his $13MM guaranteed 2020 money. 

Only other scenario I can think of is if we give up a draft pick for someone else to take on his full contract a la Houston with Osweiler. e.g. Bell and a 3rd rounder for someone else's 6th rounder; or similar to that, we eat his $4.5MM RB and then trade him with a 4th or 5th rounder and get back a 7th rounder in 2021 or something.

Hard to say right now, without knowing how interested any other team is in Bell. 

If they cut him outright - which makes less than no sense no matter how negatively Gase or anyone thinks of him - they save nothing but a roster spot. It'd be more worthwhile to get an OL in here like we should have had, see if that makes him worth at least half or more of the money he's due, and then cut him after the 2020 season.

3rd round pick for Bell and Jets eat the dead cap space. Jets basically purchase a 3rd round pick. 

This is what Gase does, he runs off all his best players.  Bell has done nothing wrong other than agreeing to terms with the NY Jets.  The team is averaging 3.3 ypc between the combo of 3 RB's.  As mentioned before, our RB's get initial contact at .5 yards past the LOS.  League average is 3 yards.  Nobody was going to be successful running the Football here.  Nobody.

Improve the line and the run game will improve with it.  Bell is still a very dangerous and dynamic player and is still a QB's best friend proven by his 82% catch rate and the fact he's has the 2nd most receptions on the team. Sam can trust him.  Sam cant trust the OL.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He’s still the best RB on the team. His talent is far and away better than any other player at that position on this roster. To think otherwise is delusional. Like thinking this team was going to the playoffs. 

Anyway, I digress. It’s possible for both “Le’Veon should’ve never been signed” and “Gase is a terrible” coach to both be true at the same time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1