Le'Veon Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out the the flu

joewilly12

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Has anyone been bowling recently? 

this is a guy who is capable of Bowling 

even if he had a real flu it's not exactly the same as playing an NFL game 

This - if you can stil bowl after 4 pitchers of beer and several shot of fireball - it not in the ballpark, not even the same sport...

• Upvote 2

Jets’ Adam Gase isn’t thrilled with Le’Veon Bell’s late-night bowling

December 10, 2019 | 1:57pm

Jets coach Adam Gase normally would be happy if Le’Veon Bell found a lane, but he was not thrilled about the running back’s bowling outing Saturday night.

Gase said Bell did not violate any team rules with his late-night bowling trip after he had been ruled out of Sunday’s game with the Dolphins, but said he will talk to Bell about it.

“I’d rather him not be (bowling),” Gase said. “I’d rather him be at home just getting better. That will be a conversation we’ll have.”

The Post reported on Monday night that Bell spent Saturday night at Boonton Lanes in New Jersey bowling until around 1 a.m. when the facility closed. This came after Bell missed practice Thursday, Friday and Saturday because he had the flu. The Jets ruled him out of the game against the Dolphins on Saturday afternoon.

While Bell technically did not do anything wrong, Gase acknowledged it was a bad look.

“Yeah, I would say so,” Gase said when asked if it was a bad optic.

Gase said the Jets believed Bell was still contagious and did not want him around the team. Fellow running back Bilal Powell now has the flu, Gase said.

image.gif.05802a3d7a3bf570c37806b581e73c73.gif

“He wanted to play, but they said he was still contagious,” Gase said. “They didn’t want around all the other guys. They thought it would spread through the team. We didn’t want to have a situation like some of these other teams are having where they’ve got 20 guys out during the week.”

Gase said Bell probably felt he could play.

“I know he didn’t feel great but I know he was probably thinking, ‘I could still go,’ ” Gase said.

While Gase seemed annoyed with Bell, he also was not interested in focusing on the story with a short week to prepare for the Ravens.

“I’m worried about Baltimore,” Gase said. “We’ve got Lamar Jackson and all these other guys to worry about right now. We’ve got to get ready for this game.”

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

3rd round pick for Bell and Jets eat the dead cap space. Jets basically purchase a 3rd round pick. 

It's not dead cap space like the accelerated hit from his signing bonus that was already paid so it was going to hit anyway. Eating it all (minus the league minimum I think a new team would be required to pay) would be additional cap charges for $13MM, bringing his cap hit for the season to nearly $20MM. 

I don't think swapping Bell for a 3rd round pick is worth that much cash, just to get out of his contract a year early. I'd rather keep him and see how he improves with Douglas revamping the OL. Unlike the 2019 season, 2020 will be a contract year for him (of sorts). 

If he was some cancer on the team where they just have to get him away from everyone else, then sure suck it up. I'm not aware that's the case, though. He's just a terrible fit for a bad OL. The best solution may not be dumping him so much as it is to improve the OL, which we should (and will) be doing anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm not sure what the rules in the NFL regarding trades but I would think the Jets can pay some of his contract in order to entice a team to take him at a lower price. 

Jets would obviously have to bite the bullet financially though. 

Why would the NY Jets do that the problem isn't  Bell its our pitiful OL and its how our genius HC has decided to use Bell. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They would do it because the HC doesn't want Bell and prefers using multiple RB's.

The HC might be a moron but there's no indication that he's going anywhere anytime soon. 

JD is not going to commit suicide with our roster, no way  in hell. 

He's a new GM looking to win.

He will toss AG under the bus if he has to.