Is McCarthy reinventing himself?

JA33

14 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wonder what he realized about the Jets to say it wasn't the right fit?

I know the easy joke to make is about the roster(and is accurate) but he could have figured that out without interviewing.

Ownership?  Maccagnan? Maybe family related reasons?  Wish they would have expanded on that.

Don't have to go any deeper.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Injury riddled team wins 4-5 games.

Jets fans: “our HC sucks, fire him!!!”

The question that needs to be asked is would McCarthy have won more than the 4-5 games with this injury riddled roster.  One that had holes everywhere going into the season, if healthy?

Theres no proof or reason to think they would have

Or that the team would continue to work even with the season lost weeks ago.

Lets at least give him a chance to show what he can do with a real roster before doing what fans do and jump the gun

58 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thank goodness it’s “too late now”...

I wasn’t on board with the Gase hire last offseason, and I still had my doubts after the way he handled those games when Darnold was out with mono.

I’ve watched what he’s done here since, and become very impressed by his leadership and his belief in himself and what he’s doing.

I’m willing to admit I was wrong about him, I think we chose the right guy. Now if Joe Douglas can do what was advertised, the Jets will have a young HC, GM combo that can bring stability and credibility to this organization for the first time in ages.

Nothing about beating up a few teams, not rolling away from Carlos Dunlap, putting up 3 points all game against the worst defense in the league or losing to two winless teams tells me we picked the right guy.

Gase should have had game plans good enough to  handl the Dolphins X2, Bengals and finished off the Bills in Week 1. This team would be in great shape despite mono.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was banking on the Mccarthy hire as well as him re-inventing himself. This further proves that he would of done what’s right and changed his playbook up.

I’m a fan and I definitely don’t always know what I’m talkin about but McCarthy would of been far better than Gase. You’re getting a super bowl winner, a guy who developed two HOF QB’s, one a top 10 QB of all time and the other a top 5 QB of all time. He would of came in and demanded respect immediately. Well . . . It’s too late now.

It proves nothing beyond he know what the perception is of him and is trying to change that opinion.

What proof do you have that McCarthy would have been better?  It something totally unprovable but some keep repeating it as if fact.

How many games would McCarthy have won with what was on this team this season?  How much better would Darnolds numbers have been with this team?  How many points would he have led the Jets to against the Bengals?  What defense would McCarthy have thrown out there that would have stopped the Fins in Miami? 

• Upvote 1