Will these 5 Players be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

Sarge4Tide

Opening Day 2020 Roster?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will RB Le'Veon Bell (who is under contract) be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • Don't Know, but I hope so!
    • Don't Know, but I hope not!
    • No way in Hades!
  2. 2. Will CB Trumaine Johnson (who is under contract) be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No way in Hades!
  3. 3. Will WR Quincy Enunwa (who is under contract) be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No way in Hades!
  4. 4. Will WR Robby Anderson (who is an unrestricted free agent) be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No way in Hades!
  5. 5. Will OT Kelvin Beachum (who is an unrestricted free agent) be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No way in Hades!

1. No, I wish they could trade him. He’s not a good fit for this team.

2. God no, they need to improve that position.

3. No, he’s a waste of a spot

4. Yes, he’d be a great #2 if they can sign/draft a #1 

5. Blah but they need so much help on the oline they might as well keep him and add better players till he’s expendable.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Don't know about Q, he's probably not gonna be here next year. Draft someone to take his spot.

Bell will be here, too much cash invested.

I doubt Tru will be here regardless of the money.

Beachum will be gone gone gone.

Robby better be on the roster. Pay the man a respectable amount and lets get rolling.

• Upvote 1

I don't see any way Bell gets traded? That contract wouldn't allow it? Besides, Bell is an excellent player that adds so much value to the offense. Meanwhile, he's basically the forgotten man on this offense. I want JD to get Bell and Darnold an OL. If he does, it's going to be amazing for everyone to watch. The Jets have the skill position players they just have possibly the worst OL in NFL history.

NO way Trumain Johnson doesn't get cut/traded it's a virtual lock that he's gone.

NO way QUINCY ENUNWA doesn't get cut/traded it's a virtual lock that he's gone.ENUNWA

Don't know about Robby Anderson but I hope they resign him.

Don't know about Beachum but I hope they either cut him or retain him for depth. He's NOT a good starting player. He's just one part of a really big problem.

• Upvote 2

1. Yes - dont see how they're getting out of this contract and who's going to take it on in addition to trading assets. Gase is a boob.  Everyone wants to talk about how much better Powell was, really?  3.9 per.  Our RB's on average are getting contacted at .5 yards.  League average is 3 yards.  Fix the OL, Bell will be back to normal.  He's also 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's got value, a ton of it, if Gase can just get over his ego and work him into the offense.

2.  Hell no - will hurt people if so.

3. I hope not but not sure how you get out of the contract, same as Bell.

4. I hope so!

5.  No, need to draft a franchise LT. 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

1. Yes - dont see how they're getting out of this contract and who's going to take it on in addition to trading assets. Gase is a boob.  Everyone wants to talk about how much better Powell was, really?  3.9 per.  Our RB's on average are getting contacted at .5 yards.  League average is 3 yards.  Fix the OL, Bell will be back to normal.  He's also 2nd on the team in receptions.  He's got value, a ton of it, if Gase can just get over his ego and work him into the offense.

4. I hope so!

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Feel so close to you right now. 

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

4. I hope so!

beat me to the point about bell. sure powell had a good game on sunday but his rushing total and carries was about the same as what bell got in the first meeting of the teams.  right now it doesn't matter who the running back is because the oline isn't blocking well enough.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Will these 5 players be on the Jets 2020 Opening Day Roster?

Prediction, not opinion:  I voted no on all five.

Opinion:  Maybe Anderson could stay in a #2 or #3 WR role, but not as a #1 WR at #1 money.  

Bell, Johnson and Enunwa should be obvious departures/trades.

Maybe offer Beachum depth money, then let him walk.  He's part of our worst unit that needs upgraded at all 5 starting positions. 

Anderson is the only one I really want back, but that's before I see how much it's gonna cost. One of the few bright spots on a crap roster. 

I didn't want Bell, then was pretty satisfied with the contract he signed, and now I just don't want him here again. His hesitant waiting-for-his-blockers style is a terrible fit in this offense, and I think in most offenses. Watching Bilal Powell getting rushing yards behind this line when Bell can't is telling. I'm hoping that contract of his is reasonable enough for someone to take it off the Jets' hands but, then again, the Jets pretty much bid against themselves to sign him last year. Would a team give the Jets a third-rounder for him? I'd take it. 

We might be stuck with Enunwa, whose 2020 contract could be guaranteed for injury, and I'll root for him if we are, but I'd rather go in another direction at WR. Beachum is in decline. No reason to even dignify the last guy mentioned in the OP by using his name. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

4. I hope so!

Unfortunately Gase will never get over his ego. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

1. No, I wish they could trade him. He’s not a good fit for this team.

2. God no, they need to improve that position.

3. No, he’s a waste of a spot

4. Yes, he’d be a great #2 if they can sign/draft a #1 

5. Blah but they need so much help on the oline they might as well keep him and add better players till he’s expendable.  

I understand the way you feel but you have to be more realistic. 

1. Sure, a trade would be great but no way in hell I'm trading him away for peanuts and nobody will take his salary for anything but. We're pretty much stuck with him, which is far from the worst thing considering he is still a pretty darn good player if you give him a half decent o-line to work with. As far as cutting him, again, thats a TON of dead $$$, it does not make sense financially to do that while losing a legit starter. 

2. Agree with you 100%. I have been going back and forth on this b/c of the dead cap and b/c the Jets could use depth at the CB position but at this point they need to just be rid of him, eat the $$$ and clear an extra roster spot to let younger players compete for it.  

3. He's not a bad player when healthy and he's under contract. Again, would I prefer to cut him and walk away scott free from that contract, sure, but the Jets can't do that. The best they can hope for is that he recovers and stays healthy. Either way, odds are he retires. So its a moot point. 

4. I agree but he will want a big pay day. People talk about #1, #2, etc. etc. Darnold just needs weapons and protection. I've been going back and forth on Robby. It all depends on how much he will ask. I have a feeling he believe he is way better than his stats have shown (fairly so) and this will create too much of a rift in negotiation. He will ask for too much and the Jets won't meet his demands. Someone will sign him, probably for less than he wants, but I don't see it being the Jets. Still, I WOULD like him to be a Jet next year on a somewhat reasonable deal upwards of 10mil per year range but not much more. And yes, the Jets HAVE to come away with AT LEAST one high end WR prospect from this draft and if they let Robby walk, add a WR in FA.

5. It's not about keeping him. Its about offering him enough money to stay and whether or not thats worth the investment. Not worth it if you ask me. Especially if you plan to rebuild the o-line ASAP. Sure, would be great to hold on to him for depth or even as a starter while whoever we draft develops or just for competition on the O-line. But we can't just assume Beachem will agree to a team friendly deal. He will want to get appropriate market value for a starting LT, which, whether you like it or not, he is. So I say you let him walk. The Jets need to clear cap space and invest money in offensive linemen they think will be around for the foreseeable future. They need to draft a 1st rd. LT who can step in and start. Beachem would be an inconsistent, expensive stop-gap. Its time for a full rebuild and large scale investments via draft and FA. 

• Upvote 1