A Quick Thought On Rex

THE BARON

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rex drove it into the ground and replaced good citizens on the roster with notorious thugs 

No the roster got old and Sanchez got exposed 

Rex and Bradway wanted that Russell Wilson guy in 2012 in the second round but Woody wanted Tim Tebow instead

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

enough with the rex love.  he's not coming through the atlantic health's door anytime soon, in any capacity.  he had his chance and blew it.  and it's revisionist to say rex lost his job because of idzik.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Gase two more miserable awful years thanks to Sam Ficken making a nice kick

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Plus, he would undermine any head coach he worked for trying to ratf*ck his way into  an interim HC gig. Dude is never going to work in the league again

That's ridiculous. I'll guarantee you Rex is coming back someday to at least be a DC, if not HC.

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

A quick thought on Rex... 

Along with being a singular talent for calling defense, Rex was/is possibly the best position coach for defensive lineman that the league has seen in a long time.  He did wonders with the players in Baltimore and he also elevated the games of players like Mike DeVito and Pouha.  

IMHO, if Rex was still around, think of what could have been with players like T. Wilkerson,S. Richardson, L. Williams, Q. Williams.

Rex is good at both motivating and teaching technical skills.  I'd venture to say the Jets would be getting a lot more out of those picks if Rex was running the show...

You should stop making threads. Just a quick thought.

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Rex was a predictable coach and it showed playing against good to great coahes. Everyone knew that on 3rd down and 5 (or more) that he was going to blitz, they all knew he was going to play man. 

You know how many times I seen teams like Baltimore run a bootleg on a crucial 3rd down in order to nullify the blitz while running a crosser to nullify man coverage? 

What's worse, Rex expected every player to be Darrelle Revis when it came to cover skills. 

Rex Ryan's defense was like a hammer. If you didnt have the ability to scheme against it you'd get hammered. However, if you the remedy you would kill him damn near everytime you played him because he was always a hammer. 

The Ryan era was better than the prior era's, however, I always wondered what would have been if 2009/10 Mangini would have remained out coach and Rex would have simply been DC. 

I probably would have seen a SB appearance in my lifetime. Or maybe im being too critical on Rex. Either way, what I can say is that Rex had a pretty stacked team those first 2 seasons that he really wasnt responsible for, once that turnover came and we had to rely on players that came in under him, we started to see that things wasnt working out. 

Mangini didn’t make the playoffs with Bret Favre as his QB the previous year and we saw every scrubs QB made into Joe Montana every single week. What makes you think his record would had been better than 2-14 with a QB that threw for 12  TD 20 INT along with his horrible defense schemes.  

48 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Mangini didn’t make the playoffs with Bret Favre as his QB the previous year and we saw every scrubs QB made into Joe Montana every single week. What makes you think his record would had been better than 2-14 with a QB that threw for 12  TD 20 INT along with his horrible defense schemes.  

mangini didn't make the playoffs in part because favre told schitty to kiss off.  it worked for a while until farve's arm went south.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2009-2010 Rex took the NY Jets to back to back AFC Championship games as HC. 

You mean Mark Sanchez did.

2010 season featured 6 miracle comeback victories needed because Rex Ryan’s defense blew leads late.  Sanchez turned Ryan’s 5-11 into 11-5. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

mangini didn't make the playoffs in part because favre told schitty to kiss off.  it worked for a while until farve's arm went south.

It was working because the schedule was a complete joke and even then he was outperformed by Jamarcus Russell in a loss to a terrible raider team.  We got favre'd that year, if Rex and Sanchez are around in 2008 we win the SB.

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

Mangini didnt make the playoffs with Brett Favre because Favre got injured during that 8-3 start to the season, and he was playing with a torn biceps tendon and a bad shoulder, both on his throwing arm during the last 2 months of that season. Because of that the Jets went 1-4 over the last 5 games 

Mangini and Tanny were both fined 25K for not putting Favre on the injury report as well as issuing a fine to the organization.

Quote from this 2009 ESPN article: "Last week, Tannenbaum admitted the Jets should have listed Favre as "probable" on their injury reports. That came a day after Favre said he thought he was hurting the Jets because of the injury and discussed it with the coaches and the front office. He said he would have been willing to sit out, even though that would have ended his streak of consecutive starts, which now stands at 270 games."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4478429

Favre was clearly not himself to the point where he thought that he was "hurting the team by playing". Had he'd been healthy, I think the story would have been different. Furthermore, had they benched Favre maybe we would have won atleast 1 more game with a healthy back up. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My sons Connor and Emilio go to a luxe Connecticut private school and play lacrosse and are on the debate team.

So you pushed that annoying fat chick on your right, the one who wouldn’t stop talking, off her bar stool. Then you ended up with the hot one on your left and lived happily ever after?

Nice.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So you pushed that annoying fat chick on your right who wouldn’t stop talking off her bar stool, and ended up with the hot one on your left after all?

No way he probably paid for 2 mail order brides at different times in his life from countries worlds apart, they had kids and left him hanging with the bills and raising them both.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way he probably paid for 2 mail order brides at different times in his life from counties worlds apart, they had kids and left him hanging with the bills and raising them both.

I swear to god, joe... I thought you were gonna say he ended up with the fat chick, lol.

I was waiting for you....your story is way funnier though!