4 game win streak to finish 8-8

Just now, TheClashFan said:

Why do people do this to themselves?  Those are all tough games, and the Jets are not a good team. I suppose anything is possible. At this point we probably should be hoping for competitive losses to enhance draft positioning.

You are definitely out of tune. Go get your happy meal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I have a really hard time imagining us beating the Ravens or Bills.

The Ravens are the best team in the NFL. In their last six games they've beaten the Seahawks, Patriots, Texans and Rams by double digits and beaten the 11-2 49ers and just beat the Bills on the road. Short week on a Thursday night on the road, that feels like a massacre. If we lose by less than 21 I'll be shocked.

I expect the Bills game to be a worse version of the season opening Bills loss where our defense keeps the game halfway competitive but we have a hard time getting a first down.

We have an outside shot against the Steeers... But I wouldn't bet on that one either.

• Upvote 2

The only game I am confident in is beating the Bills. They will lose on the road to Pittsburgh and New England and need to beat the Jets at home to get into the playoffs. The Jets will ruin their season like they did ours in 2015.

I think we could beat one of the Ravens/Steelers and 7-9 is the best case scenario right now.

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets just beat the red hot Dolphins who were coming off of a win against the Eagles.

5-8

Next up the Baltimore Ravens...Ravens overlook the Jets and  we sneak out of Bmore with a win. Lamar Jackson will have lost at home to both Darnold and Mayfield in 2019.

6-8

Then the Steelers come to play at MetLife with visions of making the playoffs dancing in their heads. They get beatdown like the Raiders. 

7-8

Last game of the season against the reeling Buffalo Bills, losers of 3 straight games. It will be Deja Vu for Darnold leading the Jets on another game winning drive at Buffalo. Jets win. Bills have to watch scoreboard to see if the make they playoffs.

8-8

a christmas story GIF

Until we lose it's all possible. 

I will be shocked if we beat Baltimore.  None of the others would surprise me.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets just beat the red hot Dolphins who were coming off of a win against the Eagles.

5-8

Next up the Baltimore Ravens...Ravens overlook the Jets and  we sneak out of Bmore with a win. Lamar Jackson will have lost at home to both Darnold and Mayfield in 2019.

6-8

Then the Steelers come to play at MetLife with visions of making the playoffs dancing in their heads. They get beatdown like the Raiders. 

7-8

Last game of the season against the reeling Buffalo Bills, losers of 3 straight games. It will be Deja Vu for Darnold leading the Jets on another game winning drive at Buffalo. Jets win. Bills have to watch scoreboard to see if the make they playoffs.

8-8

Love the optimism but....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

If they did this the Jets would be the sleeper team for next year. People would legit predict the Super Bowl for them after a finish like that.

That said, Ravens, Steelers and Bills....those are three playoff teams. If they do that let's go to the playoffs this year!  :)

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I have a really hard time imagining us beating the Ravens or Bills.

The Ravens are the best team in the NFL. In their last six games they've beaten the Seahawks, Patriots, Texans and Rams by double digits and beaten the 11-2 49ers and just beat the Bills on the road. Short week on a Thursday night on the road, that feels like a massacre. If we lose by less than 21 I'll be shocked.

I expect the Bills game to be a worse version of the season opening Bills loss where our defense keeps the game halfway competitive but we have a hard time getting a first down.

We have an outside shot against the Steeers... But I wouldn't bet on that one either.

i'm thinking the bills game will be the most likely win.  it's very possible the bills won't be playing for anything.  they'll be in the playoffs with no hope of winning the division or improving their seeding.  it would be great if the jets could win out.  heck the way the season is going an 8-8 playoff team could be a reality, just not very likely.  the ravens are still driving for best afc record and the steelers have a battle with the texans or titans for one of the wildcard.  i think we'll see a lot of teams drop by the wayside after this weekend.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

5-8

6-8

7-8

Last game of the season against the reeling Buffalo Bills, losers of 3 straight games. It will be Deja Vu for Darnold leading the Jets on another game winning drive at Buffalo. Jets win. Bills have to watch scoreboard to see if they make the playoffs.

8-8

a christmas story GIF

if this happens AG will be coach of the year.

and i do think this was our year - the schedule was very easy.  with a healthy roster (and the OL additions not sucking) i think we could have gone 10-6 easy.

• Upvote 1