Patriots scandal - If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cheating or not KC soundly beat them on the field its a simple way to end their reign just win and punish Brady all game long. 

Oh so just win. Simple.

They film the coaches to get an unfair knowledge of their tendencies pertaining to down and distance. (At the very least) they know what's coming. Unfortunately that's why they cheat in every way possible. It relegates the possibility of them losing to around 15%. Its not as easy as to just "beat them".

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

You know, if Lance Armstrong could be knocked off his perch, maybe it’s not so unthinkable... 

While I hope and agree to an extent, Armstong answered to an international cycling committee who were/are notorious for turning their nose up to Americans. The entire sport of cycling was doping at that time from top to bottom but they saw a chance to knock an American down. 

This is a bit different. If the extent of the Patriots cheating scandals were ever exposed, it would systematically destroy the NFL as we know it, fans would give it up, sponsors would bail, and nobody would ever bet on a game again. 

Vegas and the NFL will never allow that. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Take their goddamn first round pick this year and next.  Otherwise, these guys will never be dissuaded.

Actually that’s just not enough, the Pats need to have their rings taken away like the NCAA does, and Belicheck should be banned for life.  Scumbag.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL should disqualify them from the 2019 season/playoffs  and suspend BB for a year. 

Minimum 1 year for BB - should be lifetime ban IMO given it's the second time being caught. He's a scumbag, the entire organization stinks to high hell. Kraft needs to be put on lifetime probation too. 

WTF

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Also if Sean Payton can get suspended for a year for having a bounty scandal coming from a staff member how is this not an automatic year suspension starting NOW!

I am sure the NFL will get around to announcing their conclusions a few weeks after the SB, regardless what teams are participating.

In about a week we should hear:

“Upon being advised of the investigation, the Patriots promptly pledged their full cooperation and have made their personnel and other information available to us upon request. Our investigation will seek information from any and all relevant sources and we expect full cooperation from other clubs as well. As we develop more information and are in a position to reach conclusions, we will share them publicly.”

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Actually that’s just not enough, the Pats need to have their rings taken away like the NCAA does, and Belicheck should be banned for life.  Scumbag.

This is never going to happen. 100% no use even thinking it would. 

I wish it would but thinking logically the NFL wont go there, it cant go there. 

Admitting so would tear down the NFL as you know it. Fans would lose all trust that it's a fair product on the field, and that trust is already shaky as it is with just the allegations and bad officiating. 

They will get docked draft picks as they always do. PR machine will go into full effect. Story will fade away. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

This is never going to happen. 100% no use even thinking it would. 

I wish it would but thinking logically the NFL wont go there, it cant go there. 

Admitting so would tear down the NFL as you know it. Fans would lose all trust that it's a fair product on the field, and that trust is already shaky as it is with just the allegations and bad officiating. 

They will get docked draft picks as they always do. PR machine will go into full effect. Story will fade away. 

If this has substance there will be long term suspensions, and multiple high round draft picks along with huge fines. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

If this has substance there will be long term suspensions, and multiple high round draft picks along with huge fines. 

I agree there should be severe punishment, draft picks, suspensions, or fines. 

Admitting that they have been doing this since day 1 and taking their SuperBowl wins away wont happen though. 

Personally, I think they should simply be denied entrance into Canton. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JTJet said:

While I hope and agree to an extent, Armstong answered to an international cycling committee who were/are notorious for turning their nose up to Americans. The entire sport of cycling was doping at that time from top to bottom but they saw a chance to knock an American down. 

This is a bit different. If the extent of the Patriots cheating scandals were ever exposed, it would systematically destroy the NFL as we know it, fans would give it up, sponsors would bail, and nobody would ever bet on a game again. 

Vegas and the NFL will never allow that. 

While I agree with that, the problem is that they were using EXACTLY the same method to cheat as in Spygate and based on what I am seeing this will go very viral. I am not sure if sweeping it under the rug again, OR coming down ultra hard and I mean ultra hard on the Patriots is the best way to save the NFL image. If it was some other completely unrelated new allegation it is one thing, but just as the Patriots look vulnerable they literally start taping again. Banning Belichick, and forcing Kraft to sell is not unreasonable, you may have to treat this just like the black sox scandal. The NFL should also fire Goddell over this.

• Upvote 1

This shows a lack of institutional control. Even if BB did not know about it, and they were caught doing something they should not have been, and it is similar as before, the punishments should be:

-BB suspended for a year (If Sean Payton can be suspended a year for bounties, this deserves at least that punishment).

-BB fined $1m (formerly he was fined $500k)

-Losing first 3 draft picks 2010 draft, 1st round 2021 (formerly forfeited 1st round draft pick).

This would be going soft

• Upvote 4

Lionel_Hutz.jpg.691dd1a1cd9171751e0fc1ee5b265aa2.jpg

"Your honor.  I intend to show that my client didn't really conventionally steal a dollar sucker from a baby.  Now I know when you look at the scope of things that you'll see... can you REALLY call this stealing when so many larger heinous crimes are happening?  A little stealing... I mean is that ACUALLY stealing?"  (smiles & shows teeth)

Judge:  Yes... Mr. Hutz.  By the very definition...  it is stealing.

(shrieks)  Hutz jumps out of courtroom window.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I wish we knew how to cheat as well as they do. I don’t understand how we’ve never hired someone from their organization who could help us learn.

Nothing would make me happier then to dominate our division for 20 years, win a boat load of Super Bowls, and have other teams fans posting on their message boards how evil we are, and whine about taking away our rings.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I think you have to hit Belichick and whomever else is involved with the Bounty Gate punishment.  This is the 3rd time with this team.  

The NFL will do nothing they only have protect the patriots for another month until they get eliminated in the playoffs 

Brady will go to the Chargers, Belicheater will suddenly have a medical issue and need to quit only to take the giants or cowboys job

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

While I agree with that, the problem is that they were using EXACTLY the same method to cheat as in Spygate and based on what I am seeing this will go very viral. I am not sure if sweeping it under the rug again, OR coming down ultra hard and I mean ultra hard on the Patriots is the best way to save the NFL image. If it was some other completely unrelated new allegation it is one thing, but just as the Patriots look vulnerable they literally start taping again. Banning Belichick, and forcing Kraft to sell is not unreasonable, you may have to treat this just like the black sox scandal. The NFL should also fire Goddell over this.

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This shows a lack of institutional control. Even if BB did not know about it, and they were caught doing something they should not have been, and it is similar as before, the punishments should be:

-BB suspended for a year (If Sean Payton can be suspended a year for bounties, this deserves at least that punishment).

-Losing first 3 draft picks 2010 draft, 1st round 2021 (formerly forfeited 1st round draft pick).

This would be going soft

I wish all the above would happen. 

But again, the NFL is going to do everything they can to make this go away without  going nuclear on their own product.

I see them getting dinged their next 1st rounder, a few more picks, Kraft and BB fined again. 

I also see them forcing Belicheck to retire, which would be no different than a suspension. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I wish we knew how to cheat as well as they do. I don’t understand how we’ve never hired someone from their organization who could help us learn.

Nothing would make me happier then to dominate our division for 20 years, win a boat load of Super Bowls, and have other teams fans posting on their message boards how evil we are.

We’re the jets if we ever got cheating Woody and whoever else was involved would get banned for life

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This would be going soft

The pats will have to forfeit a middle round pick.  Nothing will happen to Belichick he’s already playing the dumb card

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Is that why Chris Herndon gets a four week suspension meanwhile Tyreek Hill gets nothing

Actual criminal charges are why Herndon got suspended and Hill did not. 

There is a difference between being on video, getting arrested for DUI and pleading guilty as opposed to merely being accused of a crime. 

This isnt a defense of Hill by any means, I think he is a scumbag, but two different things. 

• Upvote 2

they have always been cheating -it's the only way to explain how shady cheats mother nature and that out of shape, skinny kid in the draft photo is the "goat" not by luck or hard work, one injury in 19 seasons?  cheating is the only viable answer = Occam's razor 

BB does not watch the tape but Ernie...

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This would be going soft

Kraft also needs to be punished. He should be on lifetime probation to put some real skin on the line to prevent them from doing it again. Any further cheating offense and he is banned.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Actual criminal charges are why Herndon got suspended and Hill did not. 

There is a difference between being on video, getting arrested for DUI and pleading guilty as opposed to merely being accused of a crime. 

This isnt a defense of Hill by any means, I think he is a scumbag, but two different things. 

Wait I thought this was the no nonsense tough guy Roger Goodell regime where criminal charges didn’t matter

• Upvote 1