nj meadowlands

Patriots scandal - If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Do we really know that, though?

It's not like they're doing this for the big games. This is in preparation for an opponent who is 1 - 12. 1 - 12! If they're doing this for routine games like this, then we can only assume that cheating is simply routine for them. And, if all their success is predicated on cheating, how can we say the New England Patriots are any better than any team in the league?

It's like, say there's this guy who gets all the most gorgeous ladies every single night, without fail. He gets any woman he wants, and for all intents and purposes, is quite the ladies man. Then you find out that he's got a secret serum that he injects, unknowingly, into these poor women that makes them fall for him. Can you really call him a ladies man, then? No, he's a f****** predator.

Blah blah blah enough with the cheating stuff

Tell me more about that secret serum...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean we know Barry Bonds was a great baseball player. What we don't know is if he would have broke the Maris single season home run record (I don't count the other cheaters). Probably not?

Not to get into baseball - but that answer to that is almost certainly a resounding no. he broke that record well past what should have been his prime - it was the steroids that allowed to get better with age.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Blah blah blah enough with the cheating stuff

Tell me more about that secret serum...

The problem with the serum is that it doesn't work on women who are more than 10 years younger than you, so I don't think you'd like it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thing problem with the serum is that it doesn't work on women who are more than 10 years younger than you, so I don't think you'd like it.

I want to say something smart alecky like “That’s why God invented cocaine”, but I’m not going to. 😇

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thing problem with the serum is that it doesn't work on women who are more than 10 years younger than you, so I don't think you'd like it.

The

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

The

lol

I had two competing ways in which to start that sentence, so apparently my brain compromised and combined them.

• Like 1

I know people are making this somewhat of a joke thread - but this is very serious. This is a multi-billion dollar organizations where it’s premium product - the Pats, Brady and BB - have been caught cheating, once again but this time in a brazen duplicative way. —— if there’s really something there and they don’t drop the hammer the league is simply a joke...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

• Like 1

Old article, relevant story....

Bombshell ESPN report says Patriots' 'Spygate' scandal was way worse than people realized

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

The report details Spygate as we've never heard it, painting a picture of systematic cheating that went way further and looks way worse for the Patriots than people previously realized.

First, the Patriots had a detailed, efficient system for finding out opponents' plays. ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham describe a scene in Patriots coach Bill Belichick's office before a season-opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

"[A backup quarterback named John] Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell [offensive coordinator Charlie] Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe."

Van Natta and Wickersham report that although the Patriots lost that game, they realized a "schematic" edge over other teams. They "streamlined the system," finding a more efficient way to note the plays and relay the information, cutting out the quarterbacks, with only a few people, including Belichick.

Soon, advanced scouts would be sent to the games of upcoming Patriots' opponents to film the play signals. The scouts would go undercover as media members, with media credentials listed under "Patriots TV" or "Kraft Productions" and were prepared with excuses of what to say they were filming if security asked.

According to Van Natta and Wickersham, "Each video sequence would usually include three shots: the down and distance, the signal, and, as an in-house joke, a tight shot of a cheerleader's top or skirt."

The tapes would then go to a Belichick confidant named Ernie Adams, an "amateur historian of pro football," who would have the tapes edited and match the notes of the play calls and signals to the action on the field.

The Patriots started a library of videotapes from teams all across the league. A former Patriots assistant coach told ESPN "It got out of control."

According to the report, the system grew to the point that the Patriots would add players cut from upcoming opponents to look at Adams' tapes and judge their effectiveness.

But wait, there's more!

The effectiveness of the spying is reportedly debated among former Patriots staffers, some of whom say Adams wasn't good at his job.

Other methods of cheating reportedly include:

• Sending low-level Patriots employees to sneak into the visiting locker room during pregame warm-ups and steal the play sheet. As Van Natta and Wickersham note, "The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe."
  • Sending employees through the visiting team's hotel to try to swipe playbooks and scouting reports.
  • "Scrambling and jamming" opponent radio headsets to interfere with opponent communication.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm no attorney, and I imagine there's nothing to be done, but if I had any record of gambling on Pats games, where I'd bet against the Pats and lost, I might be interested in suing the NFL for damages, claiming that the product was tainted in unreasonable manner.

You would lose. The NFL attorneys would ask you. "Were you aware that New England had a propensity for cheating"? "Oh, you did".  "And you still decided to wager on their games"? "We are sorry, we can't help you".

• Upvote 1

One of he most complicit things the NFL and goodell ever did was the destruction of evidence.  I've always been a bit surprised that the courts did not some way get involved in that aspect of things.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

One of he most complicit things the NFL and goodell ever did was the destruction of evidence.  I've always been a bit surprised that the courts did not some way get involved in that aspect of things.

They have anti trust exemptions

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Have you watched Brady play the last few weeks? They need to cheat now, more than ever. 

Good point!

I'd love it if Bellichick/cheat could have a Lance Armstrong-like fall.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You would lose. The NFL attorneys would ask you. "Were you aware that New England had a propensity for cheating"? "Oh, you did".  "And you still decided to wager on their games"? "We are sorry, we can't help you".

I'm no lawyer but I can't imagine what you're saying would apply.  

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wonder if things would have been handles differently if Goodell had been on the job longer at the time.  He was in his second year as commish so maybe with more time and security, plus having a better handle on how other owners have responded to the scandal if he would have been more upfront with the proof

Phuck them and all their bandwagon fans.

It's incredible that year after year there's more and more proof they cheat and the league does nothing to permanently sanction this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

If anything, the narrative of brady being the GOAT which is running rampant throughout the media needs to stop. I’ve been saying for years that spygate was much worse than anyone let on and was still going on. 

20 years of brady knowing what to expect allowed him to check out of bad plays and into good plays, to change up the protection at the line, to get the ball out quick to extend possessions and pick up first downs. It’s a fallacy.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Patriots are cheaters and anyone who says that Brady or Belichick are the GOATs cannot be taken seriously, either as a journalist, fan, or human being. Never, ever allow anyone to pawn this off as harmless brinksmanship or savvy bottom-dealing. They’ve spent two decades telling their quarterbacks what defensive plays they were facing before the snap. Think about what an incredible advantage that is, knowing exactly who will open before the play even starts. How much would that improve your completion percentage? How many fewer INTs would your QB throw? If you knew who was blitzing, how much more effective would your screen game be? Never, ever, ever let anyone tell you that this was ok. If they do, break a beer bottle over their head or smash a barstool over their dome. If Peter King or Judy Batista or Norman Esiason tries to downplay what the Patriots have done to the sport, tweet their various bosses and try to get them fired. If Roger Goodell burns these new tapes, burn your PSL license. If Belichick doesn’t get suspended for a year over this, cancel your cable package and boycott Massachusetts. What you tolerate, you endorse. Don’t be a ******* louse cheat scumbag. Be a ******* man and stand up for what’s right. Don’t sell out and don’t be quiet about it. Have some integrity. Grow a spine. Meet your enemy on the battlefield or die screaming in your bed like a true bitch. Don’t be like @CTM

tldr;

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly I believe the Pats are getting very concerned about how much Brady has been getting hit lately. I am sure the organization is quite concern that just the right hit will end his career on a sour note.
I have to believe that this is one of the reasons Brady is demanding changes. We all know what he does when a defender he see gets close to him, he either falls down or throws the ball to the turf.
Problem now is so many are either getting close or hitting him, that he can’t account for them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when roger asks his boss what punishment is in order, Kraft will suggest a fine and an apology........from the league lol

33 minutes ago, JTJet said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/common-sense-likely-will-prevail-in-spygate-2/

PR Spin machine already in full force. 

First it was Schefter and now Florio. NFL working its magic. 

Yes. It’s a “ comedy of errors.” Beyond sad. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean we know Barry Bonds was a great baseball player. What we don't know is if he would have broke the Maris single season home run record (I don't count the other cheaters). Probably not?

Bonds never got close to 61 without steroids.  He was always at around 35-40hrs pre steroids

Btw it was so obvious when Bonds, Mcgwire and Sosa did roids and it’s obvious Brady and most Pats players (including Edelman who got a suspension that Goodell is hiding the reason for) are on steroids 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sadly nothing will happen.

Ofcourse.  The NFL only needs to protect Belicheat for about another month 

Been saying it for years once Brady leaves Beliweasel will sprint out of Foxboro