Sign in to follow this  
Barry McCockinner

Powell Ankle

50 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Every time Powell gets called to be the guy he gets hurt. Draft a young stud RB next draft to backup Bell & bring along slowly. 

So, this week it will be Bell, Ty, and the 3rd stringer Josh Adams

27 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

That’s fine.

Those first two were both big signings in all of our opinions. Ride em.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Every time Powell gets called to be the guy he gets hurt. Draft a young stud RB next draft to backup Bell & bring along slowly. 

right.  i like powell as a player.  he seems to be one of those guys who teams need but like you said he just doesn't stay on the field enough.  he should be way above 8th on the jets list of rushers but isn't.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

And Ty has been limited in practice due to foot and hip issues.  

Adams is a powerful, 1 cut, downhill runner.  Let's see what he can do.  Not saying he's Marshawn Lynch or anything, but he can pound it up in there for a few yards and maybe bust a couple for decent yards.  Can he pick up blitzes and pass block?  That's the thing we don't know

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bell wont be here next year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

I don't think we can eat anymore salaries. Trumaines remaining cap hit when we cut his azz will be 12 million. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

Yep

Everyone always wants Powell to get more touches, but then when he does, he ALWAYS gets banged up.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Everyone always wants Powell to get more touches, but then when he does, he ALWAYS gets banged up.

Really? He's missed 16 and a half games in almost 9 seasons. The worst stretch was the neck injury last season where he was out the last 9 games. 

Powell seems quite durable to me. He should have had more touches throughout his career here IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Really? He's missed 16 and a half games in almost 9 seasons. The worst stretch was the neck injury last season where he was out the last 9 games. 

Powell seems quite durable to me. He should have had more touches throughout his career here IMO.

Because he’s mostly been used as a change of pace back for the majority of his time here. The role that he’s best suited for.

Seems like every time the Jets have counted on him to handle the bulk of the carries, he’s on the injury report a few days later.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because he’s mostly been used as a change of pace back for the majority of his time here. The role that he’s best suited for.

Seems like every time the Jets have counted on him to handle the bulk of the carries, he’s on the injury report a few days later.

Disagree on what he is suited for. 

He's literally missed 7 and a half games from 2011 through the 2017 season. He's been healthy a lot more often than not.

8 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Adams is a powerful, 1 cut, downhill runner.  Let's see what he can do.  Not saying he's Marshawn Lynch or anything, but he can pound it up in there for a few yards and maybe bust a couple for decent yards.  Can he pick up blitzes and pass block?  That's the thing we don't know

my feeling as well...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Hey , that's my picture buddy !!!!!!!!!!

I noticed that too.  How did that happen?

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Disagree on what he is suited for. 

He's literally missed 7 and a half games from 2011 through the 2017 season. He's been healthy a lot more often than not.

How did you get those numbers?  I can't remember how many were injury and how many for other reasons but - he missed 14 in 2011, 2 in 2012, 1 in 2014, 5 in 2015, and 1 in 2017.  If you are counting half games, I am pretty sure he missed quite a few others getting dinged.  

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

How did you get those numbers?  I can't remember how many were injury and how many for other reasons but - he missed 14 in 2011, 2 in 2012, 1 in 2014, 5 in 2015, and 1 in 2017.  If you are counting half games, I am pretty sure he missed quite a few others getting dinged.  

I think it was a combo of CBS Sports and Sports Injury Predictor sites that I was looking at.

Im pretty sure he wasnt activated for every game his rookie season in 2011. His debut game wasn't until Nov 17 that year. It wasn't because of injury, McKnight/Greene/Conner were the starters that year.

2012 he missed 3 games due to concussion and shoulder.

2015 he missed 4 games because of an ankle.

2017 he missed 1 game for a calf strain.

2018 missed 9 games for the bulging disc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think it was a combo of CBS Sports and Sports Injury Predictor sites that I was looking at.

Im pretty sure he wasnt activated for every game his rookie season in 2011. His debut game wasn't until Nov 17 that year. It wasn't because of injury, McKnight/Greene/Conner were the starters that year.

2012 he missed 3 games due to concussion and shoulder.

2015 he missed 4 games because of an ankle.

2017 he missed 1 game for a calf strain.

2018 missed 9 games for the bulging disc.

I agree he missed most of 2011 DNP coach's decision because McKnight was way better on specials.  I just didn't think it was fair to list 2011 - 2017, when he hardly saw the field in 2011.  IIRC, he was dinged coming out of camp. 

I think the perception is that when he has a big game and ends up as the "bell cow," he quickly shows up on the injured list.  He wasn't missing games, but I think his carries were often reduced and I don't think that was a coaching decision, so much as injury based.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree he missed most of 2011 DNP coach's decision because McKnight was way better on specials.  I just didn't think it was fair to list 2011 - 2017, when he hardly saw the field in 2011.  IIRC, he was dinged coming out of camp. 

I think the perception is that when he has a big game and ends up as the "bell cow," he quickly shows up on the injured list.  He wasn't missing games, but I think his carries were often reduced and I don't think that was a coaching decision, so much as injury based.

Im on the other side of the coin. I think it was coaching decision to not use him more. The injury history shows he wasn't hurt as much as some say. He may have been dinged up, sure. But he was still active on game day a lot. He should be been used in the passing game more IMO. He has pretty good hands.

20 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

And how many games was he not out of but either couldn't get a touch or only got a couple because he was injured.

Injured isn't just games missed

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And how many games was he not out of but either couldn't get a touch or only got a couple because he was injured.

Injured isn't just games missed

Thats why I included the half games originally. Like the concussion game, where he left the game with the injury.

Not to mention he had FA signings ahead of him like Ivory/Spiller/Forte most of his career. Hard to get touches in that scenario.

The point I was getting at from the start was to dispute the notion that he "was always hurt". He wasn't. (No more than any RB anyways)

On 12/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, LockeJET said:

The Jets are on the hook for mucho millions owed to Bell next season....hopefully some team thinks they are going to the next level if they acquire Bell and can work out a deal with Big Joe.

We can only hope.