Bart Scott story via Nick Saban/ Bill Belichick

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I choose to believe that Rex isn’t dumb enough to give a known Belichick guy his playbook. 
I choose to . . . 

Bart said the Rex was flattered Saban was interested in his defense and I guess oblivious to the whole Belichick connection 

This story has been out for a while

https://www.nj.com/jets/2014/06/rex_ryan_on_mike_pettine_playbook_story_its_disrespectful_to_new_england.html

The idea of the Patriots getting their hands on the Jets' secrets, just a few years after Spygate? The story spread like wildfire.

This is what passes for big NFL news in June, apparently.

"Let me tell you about one thing I know for a fact: Number one, I think it’s disrespectful to New England to sit back and say that, ‘Oh, they did this,’" Ryan said. "Let me tell you: Every single game that we’ve ever had with New England has been decided on the field. Nobody’s had a competitive advantage. Nobody’s had anything else. And that’s a fact."

Pettine, the former Jets defensive coordinator and current Browns head coach, was the subject of a lengthy profile published in The MMQB. The story, written Greg A. Bedard, includes an anecdote about how Pettine is keeping his initial Browns playbook light because, as he put it, "We know in places like New England, it's only a matter of time that they somehow mysteriously end up with our playbook."

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Anyone else hear this story Bart just told on WFAN? Apparently Saban wanted to learn Rex’s defense so they invited him to the facility and apparently gave him their playbook. Bart said Saban turned around and gave it right to Bill Belichick ?

I remember hearing this a few years ago when it happened.  Saban is a rat so it didn't surprise me then, just wonder why it is coming out again. old news.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Anyone else hear this story Bart just told on WFAN? Apparently Saban wanted to learn Rex’s defense so they invited him to the facility and apparently gave him their playbook. Bart said Saban turned around and gave it right to Bill Belichick ?

That's an old story that I thought was debunked.

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Saban is a POS and the NY Jets are DUMB if that really happened. 

Saban worked for BB, and they have been friends for 20+ years.

I could see Rex doing something like that.   Someone stroke his ego, make him feel important so he shows off.