SO we want to Trade Bell and Adams and keep GAse?

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Reports and commentary everywhere how we want to trade bell and Adams both legit play makers - literally the best RB and S we have ever had. - yes ever. (name someone better at the position talent wise - free heads up , you cant)

But we want to keep Gase - literally the worst the coach we have ever had.

How ******* stupid is this franchise. 

You have no clue of what you speak.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rhodes with his 10 ints had more impact , too bad he went cuckoo shortly there after. 

Most SS do not go forward near as much as out guy does, which compromises the rest of the defense.

Until he was injured Adams had a fantastic month. Impacting with his pass rush, strip sacks and coverage. He will be All-Pro book it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Personally?

I want to trade Bell and Adams and fire Gase.

Douglas can hire his guy, without a debt of "got me this job" hanging over his head.

I also want the Coach to answer to the GM who answers to a Pres. of Football Operations, not the Owners.

We don't always get what we want, but with that said, I fully expect Adams and Bell to be in other uniforms in 2020 and Gase to be on our sideline.

Sign me up for thee bolded, I like that structure sure, but really i just care about GM>HC

I am very curious to see what JD does this off season.

What’s important is that the Jets improve the weak positions not trade in the areas of strength. A good team has players that create synergy. Players working together that makes the team as a whole stronger than a few stand out players. If the O-line improves and the Jets aquire a better WR group then Bell becomes a better RB. If the Jets get an edge rusher and CBs then Adams becomes better. Keep the solid position players and improve the weak areas. My 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The owners said that they are keeping Gase. 
nobody actually wants to keep him 

bell is shot and Adams will bring the most in return 

I had a conversation with @CTM about this. 

His hypothesis was just as love struck as they were about Macc before he got the boot last offseason.

They'll probably do the same now and just kick Gase out around that time. 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I had a conversation with @CTM about this. 

His hypothesis was just as love struck as they were about Macc before he got the boot last offseason.

They'll probably do the same now and just kick Gase out around that time. 

cool by me.

i just worry about the OC carousel for Sam. cos it seems obvious, that they are going to everything possible to make sure Sam has the opportunity to be THE GUY who we are all hoping we picked with all that draft capital.

if so sally forth...    are we just saying, its ok to lose, hes only 23, and poor guy has to deal w/ another HC/OC combo?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

DEtVcsIXsAEZivA.jpg

Who cares. Rhodes was a S and didn't get his nose dirty.  I don't care what these numbers say.  

Unless you're saying Rhodes was better than Polamalu or that the numbers of one season mean that much to you.

No one would trade Adams for Rhodes

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

cool by me.

i just worry about the OC carousel for Sam. cos it seems obvious, that they are going to everything possible to make sure Sam has the opportunity to be THE GUY who we are all hoping we picked with all that draft capital.

if so sally forth...    are we just saying, its ok to lose, hes only 23, and poor guy has to deal w/ another HC/OC combo?

Realistically, we haven't had a solid O-line for like a decade and adding bad coaching doesn't help. 

I think we should give the kid a good base first and if he still sucks take our losses and find a new boo.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, it’s not about bell/Adams, rather which player moving forward this MORON head coach is going to jettison. This guy Gase has serious issues and stops at nothing (including game planning) to prove points in his favor. It may work for belicheck, not for a losing HC who has won zero in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nobody wants to keep Gase...the owner wants him back.  As for Bell Gase obviously doesn’t want him here.  I don’t think fans want to get rid o him but it’s obvious it’s not gonna work between him and the coach.  The only way I am trading Adams is if we get a first and second at the very least 

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kerry Rhodes his 1st 3 years:  10 ints, 2 fumble recoveries,  8 sacks, 30 passes defended, 270 combined tackles.

The Prez: 2 ints, 4 fumble recoveries, 12 sacks 24 passes defended, 261 combined tackles.

Rhodes was better and he was not lining up at the los on every play running forward.

Yeah, but how many hearts did Kerry Rhodes inspire?

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Who can they get better then Adams??? 

Not who. What. Better shouldn't be the priority, impact should be. A first round pick used to draft a skill position. The Jets should be focusing on probabilities that can most impact wins. From a quantitative standpoint wins are most impacted by skill positions. It's worth taking a risk on the loss of impact from Adams if it can land them a receiver, blindside tackle, edge...etc.

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

JA and LB are 2 of the few assets we have that are worth anything. In their current situation their presence on the field obviously doesnt effect the W-L column. Adams has I think 10 wins in 3 years with this team? Bell and especially Jamal should bring in a huge bounty of picks, and if they yield quality offensive players...well that's really what this team needs... as for Gase still being here that's another story.

Image result for jackpot

50 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You have no clue of what you speak.

Exactly.  Guys like Lou Holtz and Rich Kotite have made the title "Worst coach in Jets History" to be something that may not be attainable for current and future generations of coaches.  Gase already has more wins than both.  In fewer games.  The battle may be for last spot in the top 3, but even there, the competition is stiff with guys like Charley Winner & Todd Bowles.

This post is depressing.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not who. What. Better shouldn't be the priority, impact should be. A first round pick used to draft a skill position. The Jets should be focusing on probabilities that can most impact wins. From a quantitative standpoint wins are most impacted by skill positions. It's worth taking a risk on the loss of impact from Adams if it can land them a receiver, blindside tackle, edge...etc.

right because QW at 3 changed our whole team!! So did Leo! So did Devin Smith in the 2nd round! So did Hackenberg! Should I go on???You got a good player, keep him ya crazies 

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yup.

i see no problme getting him to be a middle of the pack QB...  still hoping that we get on of those dudes who in the top 10 annually.   

30 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I deeply, honestly believe we can replace Adams 1 int per year....

yep those 6.5 sacks were trashh